Username Post: Please suggest idea to "hang" a sb decoration+        (Topic#1578609)
EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

Hi There. I am making/embellishing a large chipboard bird cage die cut for a gift. The product I linked is very similar to the one I have, but mine has a chain at the top, attached to nothing.

After I alter this piece, what can attach to it to make it able to be hung on a wall? The chain at the top is thin - too small for a hook and it would look silly. Any ideas on how to make this into a real decor piece?

Products Referenced in This Post:

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to EverSoClever

you can buy some inexpensive thin chain (like the stuff they use to decorate clothes). Maybe you have an old pocketbook laying around with a chain handle you can recycle.

... or make it out of paper.

What size is the bird cage?

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to Gelidy Gelato

The embellishement is: the cage is about 6" and the (chipboard) chain is about 4" (they are attached together. The quesiton is baout what to put at the top of the chain piece to be able to hang it. Maybe I'll put it in a frame with no glass....

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to EverSoClever

If you still want to hang it, I would attach a metal ring (can colour it with distress inks) and decorate with baubles etc...
Tim Holtz has all kinds of stuff for this type of thing....

Alison

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to kiyawinn

Maybe a jewelry jump ring so you will bigger hole to hang through some of the above.

Resident
In response to SherylEb

maybe a keyring with a nice butterfly or something on it??

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics