Username Post: layering wih a lot of detail        (Topic#1578685)
Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 07-18-12 02:05 PM

I bought the A quilted Christmas cartridge and I love it but Mrs. claus is a pain. she has a ton of tiny pieces and a lot of layers.

Am I being to particular or do the dicuts not always match up perfectly?

I spent hours trying to get Sant and Mrs. Claus to be perfect but I can still see the other layers under each layers. it doen't look bad but to me it looks home made which again isn't bad I just don't know if I am doing it right.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Cinj

Well in a perfect world they would line up perfectly, sometimes they can be off by a hair. But if all of the layers are cut at the same size, they should match up. Good luck!
I have some pretty birds I did from the " florals embellished" cart, and they are layered a ton, it's in my gallery if you want to take a peek.
Page 5, if you're interested.

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 07-19-12 05:56 AM
In response to ChansGram

Your birds are beautiful. I hope to get that good at this cricut thing.

Here is a picture of the Santa and Mrs. Claus so you can see what I was talking about.

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/other/3 689973.ht...

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 07-19-12 05:59 AM
In response to Cinj

Mr. and Mrs. Claus By Cinj

oops here it is.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Cinj

I think they look great! I can see just a bit on Santas boots where it didn't line up, that's odd. You could always just trim the under layer off so it doesn't show.
I don't know why it does that.
I did a cut the other day, the same exact cut, at the same time, etc- and it was off by a hair?? I like to layer my titles so they are thicker, a bit more like chipboard, so I cut a few layers in white and then the top layer in the color I want, and on parts you could see where it clearly didn't cut exactly the same. The white was showing. Just strange, who knows why!!

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to ChansGram

They are sooooo cute! Just trim it up a bit. I would have never noticed it if it hadn't been pointed out.

cshortel
Guru
cshortel
In response to t-scraps

You did a great job.

Sometimes the layers really doesn't cut just right, and sometimes I find (more often and usually after the fact) that I didn't have it at just the exact angle.

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to cshortel

I have found this to be true more often than not. I get so frustrated that the layers don't match. Sure I can cut a piece here or a piece there but the fact of the matter PC should have checked out their images to make sure that they actually matched.
I was making an image of a atv from the Dude cartridge and I was so darned frustrated so I called PC and I while I did get fabulous cs then end results was the pieces do not layer up as you brochure indicates.
The cs rep was awesome he put me on hold and went and cut all the layers then came back on the phone and state oh my gosh your right they don't layer correctly. I only wished that PC would not use us as the test or assume that we scrappers will be satisfied with less than what their product implies.
Kinda like the Quarter Note cartridge that one of the words is incorrectly spelled. Really???? Yet we consumers continue to buy. I do love my Cricut Expression my Gypsy and my 100's of cartridges yet they do frustrate me alot. I gotta say unless they improve their game I am kinda done with the inaccuracy of there images. JMO

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to creater1

They're corrected the Quarter Note problem. Now the glaring spelling error issue is on the Wildlife cartridge, where apparently it's too much effort to look up how to spell "camouflage".

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics