Username Post: Terms        (Topic#1578687)
TheBeccajb
Idol
TheBeccajb

As you all know I'm new to scrapbooking. Lately I have run across some terms that describe the type of scrapping you do ( Shabby chic, etc.). I don't understand what they mean. Is there anywhere I can go to find the meaning of these terms?

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to TheBeccajb

A lot of them (like Shabby Chic) are terms that one would find in fashion in general, not just scrapbooking. If you look up the terms on Wikipedia, you'll get a pretty good definition.

simplycrafty
Veteran
simplycrafty

I don't know that there is a place that you can go but you just have to look it up kinda pay attention to shabby chic, steampunk, stuff like thaat!!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

There are some “relatively speaking” universal definitions for some common scrapbooking approaches/styles BUT even trying to define them here can lead to a HOTLY debated/nasty thread.

Answering a question like this…is like stepping into a landmine!

By discussing a style with even remotely positive adjectives…by default, you are insulting the opposite style. Saying something like “I love the clean & simple look.” can results in the other camp, the heavy layered & embellishment crowd, getting their panties in a wad. I may even get nasty replies for saying what I just said.

To learn more, it might be faster to do a few searches on the internet or check out some scrapbooking books from the library.

It’s not that people don’t want to be helpful, but discussions surrounding scrapbooking styles have EXPLODED on the site! It’s like religion and politics, you innocently mention sometime and get a HELLSTORM of replies.
And for the record, I think giant flowers have no business being on a scrapbook page. I just had to throw that in.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics