Username Post: Best Cardstock?        (Topic#1578695)
Becky.contact
New Kid On the Block
Becky.contact

Hello,

I am making cards with lots of embellishments and finding that the regular cardstock seems heavy once I finish adding all of the embellishments, ribbon amd so forth to the front.

What type of cardstock do you all use?

Thank you within advance for your help. Best wishes to all, Becky

Becky.contact
New Kid On the Block
Becky.contact
In response to Becky.contact

p.s. I usually use the Georgia Pacific cardstock 110 lb from Wal-mart or the Wausau cardstock, but both are heavy once I have added all of the embellishments to the card. Thank you.

Edited by Becky.contact on 07-19-12 05:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome

American Crafts.....totally my favorite and I've used them all.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to tinacome

I usually use bulk paper from the Michaels brand...Recollections. I also like DCWV.

Becky.contact
New Kid On the Block
Becky.contact
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your posts. I was excited to see what type of cardstock you all utilize to make the base of the card. Thank you Tinacome, I will try the American Crafts brand of cardstock.

I was wondering, does anyone ever put a backer on the bottom of the card? It just seems like once I add all of the things to the front of the card (stamped image colored with Copic markers, ribbon, buttons, etc) and then open to the inside of the card, the front of the card is very heavy and the inside of the card is very light.

Thank you again and I hope everyone is having a lovely summer, Becky

Edited by Becky.contact on 07-19-12 05:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper

Hi Becky! I was a Demonstrator for The Angel Company for a number of years(They are no longer, they closed) but used to use their cardstock. They never made it known who manufactured it for them. I have also used the Georgia Pacific and Wausau brands sometimes. But I always added bunches of embellishments to cards like you do and have been happy with it. But they did become heavier on the front. I think it may just be a danger or embellishing! Nobody ever complained about the cards tipping over when stood up for display, I did not find that was any trouble for me either. I say if there are no complaints don't let it bother you But...you could also embellish the inside of the card to even it out if you wanted. Be sure to put some bubble wrap or something inside the card to prevent damage in mailing if you decorate the inside. I have done a couple like that and the friends who received them LOVED it!!
I have to make more cards now with all this talking about it!

daisy2doo
Resident
daisy2doo
In response to catzscrapper

Now after reading I am going to make a card also!! What an addiction....

bkaradzhova
New Kid On the Block
bkaradzhova
In response to daisy2doo

I prefer C.C designs for white cardstock and Bazzill if I want to add some colour.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics