Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Car shopping...        (Topic#1578719)
Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to TraciK

Me:

What kind of vehicle do you have? 2009 Ford Fusion
Do you like it? love it!
Has it been reliable? very
Anything you don't like about it? if we have more than 5 people, we need 2 vehicles.
Any major issues? no
What is your mpg? 27 city, 33 highway

If you could buy any car, what would you buy? this is the car i bought in november. before that i had a fancy 2004 expedition. i loved that but it was a gas piggy and it cost a LOT of money to fix.

--hubby:

What kind of vehicle do you have? 2012 Ford Fiesta
Do you like it? he loves it
Has it been reliable? yes, but it's brand new
Anything you don't like about it? i don't like the head rests. he likes everything.
Any major issues? not yet
What is your mpg? he regularly gets 39 highway. he's hoping to hit 42 soon.

If you could buy any car, what would you buy? this is what he bought. he wanted something new with good gas mileage and gave up fancy features to have it so new. before that he had a ford escape. we loved that too, but it was become too costly to fix.

in the past 3 years we have also owned a Lumina (nice but a AWFUL to work on), a Magnum (HATED that thing and ditched it after a year), a neon (loved it and was sad to see it go) and a F250 (we're keeping it forever because it's DH's baby)

with the 2 cars we bought at the end of last year, (fusion and fiesta) that is it for us. i'm not changing cars again for 7+ years. that is why we bought slightly newer vehicles. i got sick of all the spontaneous time and money to fix problems on the older ones.

hth

Edited by Lamoo12 on 07-20-12 07:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Lamoo12

I wouldn't mind a smaller car, but I try to think of DS, who is 9 and growing, having to be crammed into the back. He will be stuck riding in the back in whatever vehicle we purchase until he has own car, (hopefully with the reliable car I'm aiming to buy)

It's actually the Nissan Altima, not the Maxima I'm looking at. The Altima is more in my price range.

Car/better gas mileage vs SUV/higher up?

cough cough * I think I need to leave work, not feeling well...aka going for some test drives

Edited by pugs223 on 07-20-12 08:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to pugs223

I have a Toyota Camry and love it. In fact there have been 5 Camrys in our family and they have all been very good, dependable cars and great on gas mileage, being about 25-30mpg. My husband has a Toyota Sienna van and it is equally as dependable and good on gas mileage.

scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread
In response to Trina_P

I love our Jeep Commander. Very safe for driving in all weather conditions. My dh is disabled to due to back injuries and this is the only vehicle he can sit in without pain. Our two teens sit comfortably in the second row seating. Theater style seating allows people who are prone to carsickness to see over the top of the row in front of them. We have taken our Jeep off road and down snow covered roads (with snow coming over the hood)and through all kinds of city traffic. Never a problem. It is an '06 with 160,000 miles. We have had to put brakes on it and change wheel bearings in the last month. It is our only vehicle and our closest grocery store is an hour's drive away. The only issue I don't like is the mpg: about 15. It also has the StabiliTrac which ensures very little slippage on icy or dirt roads. It is not as high as some SUVs so it is easier for older people to get into. If we were ever to buy another vehicle, we would probably just get a new Commander. Actually, we love all of the Jeeps, we have had a Cherokee, Liberty, and now the Commander.

Edited by scrapnread on 07-20-12 10:56 AM. Reason for edit: Wrong word

photo_chick
Diva
photo_chick
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
I wouldn't mind a smaller car, but I try to think of DS, who is 9 and growing, having to be crammed into the back. He will be stuck riding in the back in whatever vehicle we purchase until he has own car, (hopefully with the reliable car I'm aiming to buy)

This is why I didn't go for a small car. My kids are 12 and 9 now. We took the Matrix to Disney last summer(Dallas to Orlando) and we just barely all fit on the second trip last summer. I like to road trip and I knew we weren't going to be able to stuff them both in the back for long periods of time much longer.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to photo_chick

My friend has a Nissan Altima and LOVES it. Lots of space and she finds it quite comfortable.

I've got a 2003 Ford Explorer Limited that I custom ordered new, and a 2001 Camaro convertible that I bought used in 2007... neither of which fits your needs, LOL. I absolutely love the Explorer, it's my baby. The Camaro is cool, but the Explorer has a bigger motor, is more comfortable, and has more options and gadgets.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 08-04-12 08:42 PM
In response to *jesse*

I drive an Altima and I love it! I downsized from a Tahoe. The gas mileage is so much better that it will be worth the payment. Mine has the spoiler, sunroof and nicer wheels...I'm weirdly picky about those 3 things. I've never actually owned a vehicle without a sunroof!

Anyways, I've not had it a year yet, but so far no issues at all. And, for a 4 cylinder, it will GO. I thought I would have a harder time adjusting from a Tahoe to a car, but it didn't take long at all. From the gas mileage to taking curves a lot easier, it's awesome!

I usually get anywhere from the mid to upper 20s in gas mileage, depending on how much I'm driving around town or longer distances.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics