Username Post: Quick Card stock Questions        (Topic#1578721)
Inaara
Inaara 
Tenant
Inaara

Alrighti, I am just a little bit confused right now. I just got my pictures in and am looking forward to FINALLY start experimenting with layouts! However, I do have a question. Is card stock just used for a backup support on layouts, or does it have another purpose as well? Am I supposed to put my patterned paper on my solid colored card stock, or can I do something else with it as well?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Inaara

You can use your patterned paper all by itself. You can use cardstock as a background on its own. You can combine the two, like in my Evening in Waikiki layout below. You can use smaller pieces of cardstock OR patterned paper as photo mats or journaling squares or borders or all types of embellishments.

Hawaii 2010 - Page 4 - Evening in Waikiki By Aquabunny

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to aquabunny

Cardstock is awesome
You can do pretty much whatever you like. Personally, I like to use plain cardstock for a lot of my layouts.

You can emboss cardstock, stamp on it, punch/die cut it, spray it, distress it - the possibilities are endless.
All the layouts below have been made with only solid color cardstock (no pre-made patterned paper, whatsoever).
Dinner Table NSD Challenge 2 By Here Kitty

Western Nebraska By Here Kitty

King of Ribbons By Here Kitty

Double Rainbow By Here Kitty

In My Dreams I Can Fly By Here Kitty

My myself & I By Here Kitty

Treasure Hunt By Here Kitty

vintage Sisters By Here Kitty

Fly Away With Me By Here Kitty

Grandma Cassel By Here Kitty

The Sky is the Limit By Here Kitty

Inaara
Inaara 
Tenant
Inaara
In response to aquabunny

Amazing layout by the way!

Oh! I get it now! I think I was just having a moment, lol. Thank you!

Inaara
Inaara 
Tenant
Inaara
In response to Here Kitty

Did you make some of the designs yourself? That's awesome! I never guessed cardstock had these possibilities.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Inaara

• Inaara Said:
Did you make some of the designs yourself? That's awesome! I never guessed cardstock had these possibilities.

Yes, all the designs were hand stamped, inked, embossed, etc. I just love all the fun possibilities!

Inaara
Inaara 
Tenant
Inaara

I don't have a collection of stamps and inks yet, as I am just getting started, but looking at the results, they sound like some good buys!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Inaara

Maybe get a couple and see what you think. Some people love stamping, some hate it and some like to buy thousands of stamps but never use them. LOL
I love to stamp and make my own custom papers.

Inaara
Inaara 
Tenant
Inaara

Next time im out shopping, I'll definitely keep that in mind. Thank you

bigredssw
Tenant
bigredssw
In response to Inaara

"Some people love stamping, some hate it and some like to buy thousands of stamps but never use them. LOL"

I am a perfect example of the last part...but I am hoping that some tips from this forum will help me use them more!!

The nice thing about stamps it that you can use them over and over. If you use a sticker or similar embellie, it is gone. So I have good intentions. I like to buy the "Cat's Eye" stacks or any little ink pads...that way I can afford more colors and if I find I am using one more and more, then I buy the full size pad.

Resident
In response to bigredssw

Well, I just saw there is a challenge that challenges us to use our stamps to make a layout!!! looks like fun 2 me and she posted a kewl example in there already.
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15793...

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to lynzdee

It seems that all the replies already answered your question about cardstock!! Another thing that I enjoy doing with plain cardstock is putting vellum pages over it. This gives the vellum a whole new look!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics