Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Probably an old question - but I need advice :)        (Topic#1578729)
Spooky29
Tenant
Spooky29

Ok, so I am completely overhauling my scrap room to make it really functional so I don't dread the cleanup process and also so I have the room I need to create! I want to reorganize my massive binder of stickers...it's kind of ridiculous and heavy. I do have the stickers categorized - it's more of a bulk issue. Does anyone have any genius ways of organizing stickers? All suggestions welcome! Thanks!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Spooky29

if you have the room, get or make a Clip It Up
Products Referenced in This Post:

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I think the Clip it Up system is one of the best I have seen. I don't have room for it in my current room but hope to get it in the future. I have stopped buying as many stickers and trying to use up what I have.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to binkiemonstermom

Third vote for the Clip-it-Up!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to siameseplease

I'd vote for a CIU as well, but another thought would be a rolling cart or file drawer. Maybe one that would slide under your work table. You could use hanging files and label them the same way you have your current book labeled.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to dwelch

Since you have the stickers categorized already, what about just using multiple, smaller binders so that you didn't have to deal with the weight and bulk of a single binder and would more quickly be able to find the stickers you are wanting.

I really have no other suggestions, because mine are "organized" into drawers by broad categories.

papermouse
Veteran
papermouse
In response to justowen

I've got mine filed sideways into flat-bottomed baskets, with dividers for categories-

New Sticker Storage - Alphas By Papermouse

I tried a home-made clip-it-up for a while, but it was soooo annoying to put things away. This way, I just throw them back in the box when I'm done, under the right divider - and it's really easy to flip through to see what I've got as well good luck finding the right system for you!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to papermouse

My stickers are all thrown into a 12x12 artbin and I dig.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to Seaexplore

Clip it up or a file folder system work the best. YOu will have to decide how you want to split them in themes. Good luck. You can make a clip it up organization rack. There is also pegboards and hooks. I use to use this in my old craftroom and I loved it. It was like I had a store front and it kept them neat and organized.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Spooky29

Spooky: I have the Scraprack system (google it). Seriously...it is the best thing in my room. I can stand up and find what I want in 5 seconds....

It's a little pricey at the outset (I had it and components on my birthday, Christmas, Mother's Day list for a couple of years and family filled in).. but worth it.

Scraprack By Sunnydi

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to papermouse

• papermouse Said:
I've got mine filed sideways into flat-bottomed baskets, with dividers for categories-

New Sticker Storage - Alphas By Papermouse

I tried a home-made clip-it-up for a while, but it was soooo annoying to put things away. This way, I just throw them back in the box when I'm done, under the right divider - and it's really easy to flip through to see what I've got as well good luck finding the right system for you!

This is also how I have mine, only in a rolling cart. It works very well and is very cheap!!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• Seaexplore Said:

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to anda11

I want a clip it up or scraprack that is hidden in a cabinet - is that possible

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Ohio4HMom

I saw this the other day. I like the one with the paper towel holder, it's the second one.

http://clubcreatingkeepsa kes.com/blogs/ck_community/ar c...

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur

that papertowel holder is a good idea! thanks for posting.

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to wilbur

This is how I store mine:

Storage: Stickers By LesleyC

I can get a ton of stickers in here, and add new categories as I need them.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

• Seaexplore Said:

Me too! LOL!
My stickers don't even fill the bin, though....I don't have too many, don't use flat stickers that much anymore....

Alison

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to kiyawinn

I tried the paper towel holder thing. I thought it was a wonderful idea but for some reason I couldnt get it to work out. I followed all the instructions but the page protectors just seemed to keep falling over.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to thehappyscrapper8

I have 2 PSB's for stickers and other flat embellies. They are organized by themes.

It zips closed so nothing can fall out if you travel with it. The refills come in all different 12x12 configurations. Some have 5 vertical rows, some have 4 6" pockets, some have mixed sizes of pockets, some are a full 12x12 pocket.

You can also use baseball card protector sheets in them as well.

Good luck with whatever you choose!
Products Referenced in This Post:
PSB Binder - Black/Purple (Discontinued)
PSB Refill - DIVIDERS (Discontinued)

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-26-12 06:41 AM
In response to Kim222

I'm having this problem as well. Between the tiny packs, the huge 12x12 sheets of stickers, and everything in between, none of the storage solutions I've tried have been the right size. And then there's the matter of my non-flat embellies. I have those all in clear shoeboxes right now, but I hate having to dig through 12 shoeboxes to find everything I want to use in a LO.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics