Page 1 of 5 
Username Post: NEW Progressive HQ~~next live round March 23        (Topic#1578737)
Resident

A Progressive Challenge is done quickly and in steps.........it's like scrapbooking meets Simon Says with a touch of choose your group's adventure. Or it could be described as going to a virtual crop since we chat and scrap at the same time. Here's why a virtual crop can be great:

~*~ there's no pressure to buy more scrap supplies (like you need more)

~**~ it's from the comfort of your own home (including the scream/fighting kids, hubby that needs your help finding something you miss placed, crying baby, and bothersome calls from the MIL)

~***~ your supplies don't have to be packed and unpacked (because they're right where you left them- or at least that's where you thought you left it)

New info in red!!

Reminder to bring a friend!! Reminder to bring a friend!! 8 AM, 12PM, 5 PM on Saturday and 12PM and 3PM on Sunday.

At the selected time of the day, I will give directions for you to follow approximately every 15 minutes until the challenge/layout is complete. I will not even know the how the layout will turn out because you all will help make decisions as I narrate a story. It’s like a choose your own adventure scrapbook challenge.

March will be a motivational round

You will need common scrap supplies and 2 or 3 pictures to be decided at the time of the challenge.

You must follow the steps and you should not peek ahead if you are doing the page after the fact. You must do what the step says, but you can do more if you would like. For example if the step calls for adding embellishments and you’re told to add two you could add three.

You can play with me at that time I give the directions or you can follow later following the order when you get a free chance.

Some sneak peeks:
*Step one sketch/scraplift selection
**Step two paper selection and placement
***Step three add photos
****Step four add homemade flowers or embellishments
*****Step five add embellishments
******Step six add title
*******Step seven add journaling, doodling, or stitching stage

THE RULES:
*Your lo has to be new as of the day the challenge, hence a progressive challenge.
**Upload your lo here within 24 hours of the last direction (the exception is to the weekly progressive you have exactly one week to complete the page)
***Single or double page LO's are fine. Any size is allowed too! Paper only as the directions are for that type
****I will contact you after the challenge requesting send me a PM for your top TWO votes
*****Don’t vote for yourself as you will get a vote from me for sending in your vote.
******You can start the challenge at anytime within the 24 hours
*******You MUST follow each direction step-by-step one at a time, NO sneak peeks

LINKING LAYOUTS TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Share AnyWhere' on the 'share' tab beside the layout.
3. Click on 'IMG code' button.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...] into the forum thread.

Retired Headquarters

If you just want to hang out and chat about the progressive challenging, scrapbooking (especially new techniques), or anything else join us at the Progressive Chat thread.

Here's the 2013 schedule tentatively.

Tentative times will be 8, 12, 5 on Saturday and 12 and 3 on Sunday

Jan 26-27
Feb 23-24
march 23-24
April- 20-21
May -18- 19
June - 29 -30
July 27 -28
Aug TBA
Sept 21-22
Oct 19-20
Nov 30-Dec 1
Dec 28-29

Edited by Progressive Challenge on 02-16-13 01:05 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Resident
In response to Progressive Challenge

!!!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!!!! URGENT NEWS!!!!!!

Breaking news a hurricane progressive challenge has been spotted and is set to hit sb.com noon on Saturday I hope you can play along

Aug 2012 round 1

Round 2

Round Three

Up to 110 pins for new stuff ... Get a sneak peek at August Inspiration

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Do I have to complete the challenge at the time you post the steps?
No. However, you cannot read ahead when you begin making the page. For fairness take it one step at a time. No sneak peeking. Also if you complete the challenge at the designated time and you are the first to finish you earn bonus points.

What exactly is this challenge?
I have posted a sample from the last one we did. It's at the bottom of this page. Here's what I came up with when I followed all the steps:
Gigglerific By Ms.Schwiet

I'm going to follow along from my mom's house on Thanksgiving day. What should I take along?
For those of you playing away from home (like myself) and plan to scrapping between bites of turkey here’s a few items to include in your scrapbag:

*3 pictures you could use less or more
**2 sheets of paper you could combine for the background pages
***Additional coordinating pages to make a home-made flower and/or to use as matting, tags, or letters for a title
****Something to distress with or mask with that relates to the pictures
*****Embellishment goodies here’s the full list but you’ll be told to pick a certain number from a certain group (take a few of your favorites and if what you have isn’t listed finish when you get home of FRIDAY): Sticker, die cut, stamp, buttons, brad, eyelets, lace, trim, beads, non scrap item, paper piecing, stickles or glitter, ribbon, stitching, something metal, punch, die

Edited by Progressive Challenge on 08-25-12 02:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Resident

Nov 2012- sexiest man
Round 1
layout 1
Love It To Pieces By Justowen

1. Color Room - http://www.thecolorrooms.com/uploads/1/2/9/8/12985 029/4...
2. Background - Mask a spot for journaling and stitch around that edge
3. Free Space
4. Handmade - Buttons Buttons and more buttons. Hey, show me your buttons. Not any old buttons but let me see those handmade buttons. (Button on large snowflake - circle punched from sticker, then hole punch used to create the button holes, stitching added, then used liquid glass to make the button shiny)
5. Embellishments - Stickles or glitter
6. Title - Free space
7. Journaling - Free Space

Layout 2
Winter 2001 By Provinca

Step 1 - Color Room Sketch
Step 2 - Punched circle
Step 3 - Free space
Step 4 - Handmade buttons
Step 5 - Metal charm
Step 6 - free space
Step 7 - Free space

layout 3

Together- Funtoola Kit By Ms.Schwiet
step 1- her's sketch from color room
step 2- dolled up circle
step 3- free
step 4- clay the cameo
step 5-stickles and ribbon
step 6- free
step 7- free

Round 2
layout 1
you're absolutely perfect By Megan Ann

1. Sketch by Beggahuna.
2. Page from an old book.
3. Transparency frame on photo.
4. Used the leftovers from foam dots to line up the buttons on the top left corner.
5. Punched the hole in the top right corner.
6. Added a bling circle punched using the same punch that I punched the hole with and put the title on top.
7. I journaled around the circle in a arc shape. (It is hard to see in the photo b/c I used my iPhone & not my good camera.)

layout 2
Birthday Lunch By Justowen

1. Page Maps Sketch
2. Background - Bow distressed corner
3. Photos - Accent your picture by adding stitching to the edge of the picture or mat
4. Handmade - awesome butterflies
5. Embellishments - Punch (green photo corners)
6. Title "bling it up" in some way (Stickles)
7. Journaling - rainbow journaling- using two or more colors rotate through the colors as you journal

layout 3
Spring Soccer 2007 By Provinca

Step 1 - Page Maps sketch
Step 2 -distressed bow in upper corner
Step 3 - Pleated paper
Step 4 - Simple flowers
Step 5 - punch - butterfly
Step 6 - Blinged title -- I colored the letters with gold shimmery gel pen
Step 7 - journaling in the scroll (I put the team's names in there)

Round 3
Layout 1
Spring Soccer 20016 By Provinca

Step 1 - Lift of self
Step 2- Punched circle
Step 3 - Free space
Step 4 - Simple flower
Step 5 - Use a punch -- photo corners on green paper
Step 6 - double mat the title
Step 7 - heart beat stitch on journaling

layout 2
Love By Teresakay
1.scrap-lifted myself Love layout
2 Heart cutouts with scrap strips behind - from November Scrap Inspiration board (I hope this was ok)
3 free
4 button flower
5 circle punch under letters in title
6 double matted title
7 heart beat stitch on journaling although technically I cheated I doodled it instead of stitching since I have nothing to do that with(Thanks to Anna for this idea because I was stumped on this step)

Edited by Progressive Challenge on 01-26-13 06:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Resident

STEP ONE

STEP ONE: Find a case at CIS and follow at least the color of the case. The site is here. Here's an easy way to check out the colors HERE !

This is only a five minute stage
STEP ONE: select a sketch you want to complete. Add the URL or link to the post so we know which layout you will lift. If you post a sketch without the correct amount of pictures, be sure to note how you plan to alter the sketch to meet the picture requirement. A great site to get sketches is: http://pagemaps.com/

STEP ONE: You must view the gallery of the person listed directly above you at your last post and select a page from their gallery that you will scraplift.

five minute stage
STEP ONE: Scraplift yourself. Find a page you have already created and lift it.

STEP ONE: select a page you want to scraplift . Add the URL or link to the post so we know which layout you will lift. If you post a scraplift without the correct amount of pictures, be sure to note how you plan to alter the lift to meet the picture requirement.

STEP ONE: We will do a specific sketch today. The first three people to respond with a link or image of a sketch will determine the which of the three sketches you may use.

STEP ONE: We will do a specific scraplift today. The first three people to respond with a link or image of a layout will determine the which of the three scraplifts you may use.

STEP ONE: We must scraplift any layout from a specific sb.com artist. the first person to respond with a link to the artist we must lift will determine the gallery we must use for finding a lift.

STEP ONE: You must scraplift a layout created during last month's progressive challenge. To view last month's layouts click on the Progressive HQ link in my signature and look at the second post.

STEP ONE: Go to The Color Room and find either a color palette you will follow or a sketch you will fall. Please indicate by number which palette you will follow. Also tell us if you will use the color or the sketch.

STEP ONE: Select a challenge on sb.com or any other site as the guide to the layout you will create today. Tell us what challenge you will use as a guide and include a link. Note: you do NOT have to actually participate the challenge you must simply use it as a guide.

STEP ONE: We must follow the first three people that responds response to this question.

Select a challenge on sb.com or any other site as the guide to the layout we will create today. Tell us what challenge we will use as a guide and include a link. If you begin play after the three challenges are selected, just let us know which of the three you will use as a guide.

Note: you do NOT have to actually participate the challenge you must simply use it as a guide.

Challenge 1:
Challenge 2:
Challenge 3:

Edited by Progressive Challenge on 01-27-13 05:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Resident

STEP TWO

1. Add a banner by cutting the background paper
2. background
3. Use decorative scissors on at least one side of the one of the papers
4. splattered background
5. do a mask [lightly ink or paint- I suggest using some spray on product- so it will dry quickly. Here's Irene Tan's how-to.
6. apply more than one stamp {hummm where is the trick ‘cause what will happen next!!!]\}
7. water distress in this style- Water Distress
8. moisten the edges and curl a side up
9. add stickles or glitter to the entire page, the edges, or select parts of the patterns
10. Create a stitched border of line on your paper. Here's some ideas
11. Either your project must be shaped as a large circle or it must contain a large circle with a lacey circle.
12. use a border punch on at least on of your papers
13. Use circle punches under some paper to give the page depth. Like this
14. burn the edges or use soot colored ink
15. Fabric for Background
16. tear the edges
17. Create a pattern paper by masking
18. crumble, wad, and then unfold and straighten
19. Mask and then Stencil
20. use ink, paint or even a marker to make your own polka dots if you use ink or paint share with the group what strange object you used to make the uniform pock-a-dots (I use bingo markers, bubble wrap, pencil tops)
21. Gabriella P's ruffled edge.
22. use six or more pattern papers
23. Use a double ring.
24. Paint on one or more of your papers
25. Use an old book or magazine page as one of your papers
26. Tea or coffee stain one of your papers
27. Apply a woven stitch.
28. Fussy cut one of your pattern papers. This means following a pattern on the paper and using it as a guide and making intricate cuts that follow the pattern.
29. Bow distressed corner
30. Mask a spot for journaling and stitch around that edge. If your do this technique you may skip step seven. Here's an example
31. Create an inverted scalloped edge. We'll need at least an extra 5 minutes to do this awesome technique. Check it out here.
32. Be sure you end with 5 layers over your background paper. Check out Frank's how-to
33. Stitch a large circle
34. Follow Gerry's tutorial and use an edge punch or decorative scissors to doll up a circle on the page.

Helpful links:
Homemade glimmer mist Homemade alcohol ink Make-Up Glimmer Mist
Homemade Modge podge

Edited by Progressive Challenge on 11-18-12 10:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Resident

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@Step 3@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Step THREE: Select any ONE of the following to do to your picture or photo mat

1. Crop at least one to a shape other than the original
2. Double mat at least one
3. Use store bought decorative corner
4. Try a quilled frame. Check out Lisa's example.
5. distress the edges of one by rough them with scissors, filing, sanding
6. Use buttons as a frame or partial frame
7. Crop at least one to a shape a circle or heart shape
8. Crop your picture into an item. Not a shape, but an item. Make the picture look like a teddy bear, a butterfly, etc. Anything but a rectangle, square, circle, oval, or diamond.
9. Use a black and white photo
10. Denim frames
11. repaint picture
12. add non-traditional decorative corners (use punches, stickers, rub-ons - be creative)
13. Add paint on your photo. This is a great technique to remove unwanted background clutter and to make your picture blend to the page.
14. Water color a portion of a black and white picture like this.
15. Accent your picture by adding stitching to the edge of the picture or matt
16. Instead of a mat use a frame!! That means it must extend over the picture and have the center cut out. You can place it anyway you want over the picture and any frame type transparencies count
17. You must be in at least one of the pictures.
18. Use a round mat or frame but a square picture fit to the round. Here’s an example
19. Frame a picture is lace, ribbon, or trim
20. Use good old-fashioned round corners. Here's a trick for making round corners.
21. Stamp frame
22. Make decorative corners by quilling a shape to attach to at least one of the corners
23. Use decorative scissors on the picture or mat
24. Use a heart shaped frame
25. Use paper strips- placed or weaved under pic as mat: example
26. silhouette crop at least one picture (to make it fit the area on your sketch or scraplift place it on a mat that is about the size of the original
example:

27. mosaic cut the picture
mosaic 1
mosaic 2
mosaic 3

Edited by Progressive Challenge on 11-18-12 11:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Resident

STEP FOUR
Select one of the listed specific embellishment, flowers, or handmade crazes.

1.paper piecing - CraftySprinkles Ideas and here's another stamping tutorial.
2. Quilled Clock
3. Use clay. If you don't have clay make up some dryer lint cake here’s an idea eloborate clay designs and faux stones from clay
4. spirelli technique A spirelli YouTube
5. Add a bow
a. oragami style bow
b. easy bow
c. use a fork to make bow
d. Jean bow ties
e. Paper bow

6. barn stars page 67
7. add wire art here's some tutorial and here's some examples of wire jewlery that would make great scrap embelies.
8. Homemade washai tape
9. use baker twine or improvise with one of these and another DIY Baker's Twine
10. Quilling tutorial:
Quill tutorial
butterfly quill
Teddy bear Quill
Quilling Inspiration
11. Tag with iris fold -
Free patterns

Iris Fold Tutorial
Pattern PDF
Iris Fold Patterns
Iris Fold Ideas
Here's an example:
Baby Feet Iris Fold By Ms.Schwiet

FLOWERS FLOWERS FLOWERS@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@

1. Very realistic leaves
2. 9 -layer swirlydoo flower
3.Fan Flower with a Twist
4. Circle scrunched flowers
5. folded under flowers
6. crumpled daisy
7. Circle Rose
8. handmade rose
9. Little Darling
10. Crepe Paper Bloom
11. Rolled and twisted fabric flowers
12. Camelot type flowers
13. Altered Aster
14. Carnation
15. pinwheel flower or a tutorial from YouTube
16. fan flower
17. one must be a flower made by quilling
A.oval quills
B. Quilled lilacs
18. Allison's folded flower
19. passion daisy
20. elegant ruffled flower
21. no sew fabric flowers
22. wild rose
23. fiesta flowers
24. two tutorials for one price water distressed flower and video version
25. Mountain Lilly
26. ballerina bloom And Ballerina bloom made of tutle
27. 9-petal flower I found that I had to fold the second fold here at more of an angle
28. Easy-Button Flowers
29. Rose bud from Cirlce Punches
30. Make a simple flower. Here are some samples:
a. Sample Simple Flower 1 for Progressive By Provinca

b. Sample simple flower 2 for progressive By Provinca

c. Sample simple flower 3 for progressive By Provinca
31. and here's another simple flower idea:
The flowers are from an old dictionary, punched with my scallop punch (five layers per flower), and held together with a brad. I crumpled up each layer into a ball around the brad head, then uncrumpled them, looser on the outside, leaving the inner one still tight to be the floral center.
32. Tea bag folded flower
33. add a florish. If you have a silhouette try this.
34. double fringed flower
35. Hibiscus
36. kusudama flower
37. lacy glass flower
38. Circle Folded Flower
39. Studio Calico Wanna-be Notions Flowers
40. Corner punch flowers
41.Heart flowers
115.Ribbon accent flower
42.Metal Flowers
43. criss-cross multi-pattern scallop flower
44.Glass Flower
45.Lace Edged Flowers
46.punch and roll rose
47.tissue paper flower
48.follow one of these paper rose patterns
49.Use styrofoam to accent your flowers.
50. Twine flower
51. Maggie Magnolia
52. DigU flower
53. Another Vine tutorial Sweetheart vine
54. yarn rosettes
55. Sewn satin flowers

CRAZES CRAZES

1. Step four: Use jewelry as your inspiration. Mimic something you own or maybe a picture you’ve seen. Or just use this Use this Bracelet As inspiration. Please share a picture of what inspired you.

2. Step four: add an umbrella Here are examples of lacy umbrellas

3. Step four: Buttons Buttons and more buttons. Hey, show me your buttons. Not any old buttons but let me see those handmade buttons.here's a few tutorials to try: a video of buttons and clay buttons

4. Step Four: Stick pins, stick pins every where why not on our creation too. Add a homemade stick pin. Use whatever technique you like for a homemade stick pin, but it must be homemade. frosted design stick pins

5. Step Four: Flags are now all the craze. You will need to take the time to MAKE a flag for your page. Sorry no store bought flags welcome. So make or cut a pole shape and attach a flag of some sort. You should put about 15 minutes worth of work into the flag so make it cute and detailed. Here's an example of a very cute twirled flag. Sketch support flag ideas.

6. Step four: Check out the swirlydo tutorials and make any of the suggested items from that website.swirlydo site

7. Step four- Check out this collection of new techniques and find something to try on your page. New Techniques

8. Step four- Make a banner from a non traditional banner shape... Think hearts and butterflies. Consider some of the shape punches you have in your collection... Here's a great example

9. Step four- Add origami to your page. Check out this site for ideas and instructions. origami club

10. Step four – get inspired by mother nature. Make some kind of handmade embellishment but have it honor mother nature. Please explain what you will add. Here are some ideas Art or Painted leaves

11. Step four- Inspiration is everywhere. Use this sketch support to find your inspiration for an embellishment. I personally love how the one artist turned the sketch into layered baseball. So visit this sketch support add-on and make an embellishment.

12. STEP FOUR- It's turkey hunting season. Hunt up a good home-made turkey and add it to your page. Here's some inspiration.

13. STEP FOUR- Clocks are now all the craze. You will need to take the time to MAKE a clock for your page. Sorry no store bought flags welcome. Here are some tutorials. You could use a stamp or print an image if a clock, but you need to add more details to it. Quilled Clock and Vintage clock and primas altered clock Plus clock images Or add a bottle cap pocket watch

14. STEP FOUR- Make a shaker box. I’ll post a tutorial but if you think outside the “shaker box” LOL you may find some packaging around the house that will work well as a shaker box. Shaker Box Tutorial

15. STEP FOUR: doiley's are ever where and used in a lot of different ways handmade doily

16. Step four- Many Americans love the Fourth of July for the fireworks. Show off the love of your country (no matter what country that may be ) by making a firework by quilling. Here's an idea. or a simple firework

17. step four- Many pages look perfect with a tree. Search the gallery for a tree you can scraplift. Post the original layout or tutorial you followed to make a tree. Here's a great tutorial for a vine but I think it looks more like a tree. Amazing ideas. A tree dolled-up it [url=http://www.cookingwithcricut.com/2011/12/day-15-summer time-fun.html]Baker's Twine[/url.] and distressed cardboard winter trees Half circle trees
Make a rolled paper tree

18. STEP FOUR: Tickets are everywhere but instead of buying one at the store make one suing these very simple steps. Be sure to embellish it with stickers, die-cuts, stamps, or paper-piecing to make it worth the 20 minutes!

19. step four- Here's an alternative way to use a mask. I used a sleeve for a translucent project folder. Just grab some dimension paint and fill in areas with stickles or glitter. Remember most dimension paints are not acid-free. So protect it was a layer of cardstock or place it away from pictures.

20. step four- Fences look great in layouts. Make your own fence. This includes using one on your die-cut machine, but be sure to put a little time into it- add doddles or chalk the edges to give it definition. Here's a tutorial on hand-cutting your own fence.

21. Step Four: Banners are now all the craze. You will need to take the time to MAKE a banner for your page. Sorry no store bough banners welcome. You can use the blank chipboard triangles (I've also seen people use the round tags)for the banner, but it must otherwise be from scratch. One other requirement your banner must have at least FOUR, FIVE, SIX, SEVEN, EIGHT triangles. Here's a tutorial on a ruffled banner, circle & sewn flower, doily banner, and here's a clothes line sketch. And here's a trick to make perfect triangles. Circle sewn and used as banners doily banner clothes line pagemap clothes line. Cut through paper to create a [url=http://forscrappingo utloud.blogspot.com/2012/03/dusty-attic-b looms.html?m=1]banner[/url. Here’s more goodies Waving pennants
Bunting Banner

22. Step four: Save money and the environment. GO GREEN. Make an embellishment from a soda can. Yes cut one open and use it like paper. I've seen butterflies, flowers, and teddy bears. If the front of the can does not coordinate to your page use the backside. Tutorials and ideas:Butterflies or Metal Flowers

23. Step four: Make a homemade snowflake:*Here's one a bit bulk but cool.**Plus a good old fold and cut

24. STEP FOUR: Your see these everywhere so make your own layered embellishments

25. Use a ribbon and make something other than a bow or flower . Try a Butterfly , a Fish, or Paper clip butterfly.

26. STEP FOUR: Butterflies have ALWAYS been popular so let's honor them with a step to create one. You can use a stamp or die cut but you MUST add to it. May it layered add transparencies to the wings or even add stamps but go the extra mile to give it a little home-made quality. Check out the flying unicorn for some amazing inspiration. Feels free to print out one of the many samples I have stored on page 70 of the progressive challenge, but again make it hybrid a little computer and a little you- home-made.
awesome butterflies
Tissue Paper Butterfly
Fabric Butterfly

27. Add feathers to your layout. If you don't have them try clay painted feathers or add paper feathers or [url=http://pinterest.com/pin/29766047507655749 /]Duct tape feathers[/url

Edited by Progressive Challenge on 11-18-12 11:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Resident

STEP FIVE
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

STEP FIVE- Embellishments. ONE must be____. Feel free to add others and more.

1. Postcard
2. Stickles or glitter
3. Ribbon, lace, or fiber
4. Something metal (other than a brad or eyelet)
5. Punch
6. Non scrap item
7. A bird
8. Handmade embelly
9. Oldest consumable thing your stash (id when u post)
10. Weave something---ribbon or paper
11. Add a banner
12. Sticker
13. Flashcard here's some printable - summer flashcards and alphabet flashcards.
14. Stamp
15. Die cut
16. Brad or eyelets
17. use any shape punch but make it something other than what the original punch was intended. Here's a tutorial that uses a leaf punch to make a butterfly.
18. Lace or trim
19. Beads
20. an insect
21. embelly given to you (something you did not buy)
22. Newest consumable in your stash
23. Button
24. chipboard or cereal box transformed into chipboard
25. Stamps but add dimension
26. Tie a ribbon

Edited by Progressive Challenge on 07-27-12 06:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Resident

Step 6: Title time…. Do any ONE of the following to the title of your layout

1. DISTRESS in some way
2. Make your title a game. Use puzzle or game pieces. Use whatever game like quality you can create for the page. Here's a tutorial on scrabble letters.
3. you must include a subtitle
4. Make your title two toned. Use glitter or paint and dip the top in one color and the bottom in another. Here's a great example.
5. "bling it up" in some way
6. Faux Stitched Title
7. Hole Punched Distress the letters or matting under the title
8. Place your title on a square or squares
9. Title on paper scrolls. Here's an example.
10. add ribbon to the title
11. Create a title by masking
12. Use a shaped punch and place each letter on one of the punches
13. Glossy Accents: just add some glossy accents
14. place title diagonal
15. Make the title sing...the title must be a song title
16. Stagger and stack your letters like Natasha
17. Place your title on a circle or circles
18. Quill your title
19. Rhyme- Your title should contain a rhyme
20. make it pop add pop-dots or even cardboard, balled up scrap paper, or anything to make the title the whole or part of the title pop
21. Make it foreign - use a foreign language as a title
22. Place your title on a heart or hearts
23. Rainbow Title- You title must have 4 or more distinct colors (NOT 4 shades of blue)
24. Use a stencil for the title
25. Handwritten- Your title must be your own handwriting- doodle it up but it must be genuine. Here's some suggestions.And here's an awesome example.
26. Double matt your title or to add emphasis to a single word double mat just a a portion of your title
27. paint on your page & write your title into the wet paint or place a part of the title in this spot
28. Make a round monogram like title. You can use as many letters as you like but the point is the letters form a circle. Here's a picture sample.
29. illuminated manuscript- this is a decorative font usually the first letter is dolled up more than the rest
30. rainbow shadowed - write your title in one color and trace over/rewrite in a different color
31. Use stamps for the title
32. Make your title out of code. Here's an example using Morris code
33. Title should overlap your picture
34. Alliteration- your title should have a repetitive beginning sound
35. Single word title
36. You would take a word especially a name and for each letter you come up with a word to describe it. So if I did my son I would have the letters DALTON on the page. I would write:
D- dynamic;
A- attractive;
L- lovable;
T- talented;
O- occasionally ornery;
N- nimble

Edited by Progressive Challenge on 11-18-12 10:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Resident

Doodling

1. add doodles in a color OTHER than black, white or blue
2. Select from these doodle lines
3. love the doodled path between the flowers
4. barb wire doodle
5. smudge up the layout- add some type of finger print art- stamp your finger print and add doodles to make art. Here's a list of examples:
6. Doodle with something other than a writing instrument. Try paint, glitter, sewing, or so on and so forth.
7. Make your journaling out of code. Here's an example of using Morris code
8. Find in the gallery a doodle you like and copy it...be sure to note where you go the idea from

Stitching

1. faux stitching - here's a very cool how-to
2. Use a double straight stitch real, stamped, or doodled with thread, floss, ribbon, cord, or twine We R Memory Keepers - Sew Stamper - Tool and Straight Stitch
3. Heart beat stitch
4. Use a hem stitch real, stamped, or doodled with thread, floss, ribbon, cord, or twine We R Memory Keepers - Sew Stamper - Stamper Attachment Head - Hem Stitch
5. Use a zig-zag stitch real, stamped, or doodled with thread, floss, ribbon, cord, or twine We R Memory Keepers - Sew Stamper - Stamper Attachment Head - Zig Zag Stitch
6. Add beads to your stitching. Here's a cool example.
7. Use a blanket stitch real, stamped, or doodled with thread, floss, ribbon, cord, or twine We R Memory Keepers - Sew Stamper - Stamper Attachment Head - Blanket Stitch
8. find an area to do net stitching
9. Use a burst stitch real, stamped, or doodled with thread, floss, ribbon, cord, or twine We R Memory Keepers - Sew Stamper - Stamper Attachment Head - Burst Stitch
10. Accent a die cut of pattern on your page. Here's some examples
11. find an area to do 3-d stitching
12. Use a stencil and fill in areas with stitching. Check out Gerry’s amazing example
13. Use a vine stitch real, stamped, or doodled with thread, floss, ribbon, cord, or twine We R Memory Keepers - Sew Easy - Large Stitch Piercer Attachment Head - Vine
14. Use a cross stitch real, stamped, or doodled with thread, floss, ribbon, cord, or twine We R Memory Keepers - Sew Stamper - Stamper Attachment Head - Cross Stitch
15. Add a Stem
16. Sew ribbon leaf style We R Memory Keepers - Sew Ribbon - Tool and Stencil - Leaf
17. use a woven stitch
18. Use a loopy loop stitch real, stamped, or doodled with thread, floss, ribbon, cord, or twine We R Memory Keepers - Sew Easy - Large Stitch Piercer Attachment Head - Loop de Loop
19. Use a scallop stitch real, stamped, or doodled with thread, floss, ribbon, cord, or twine We R Memory Keepers - Sew Stamper - Stamper Attachment Head - Scallop Stitch
20. Find in the gallery a stitch you like and copy it… be sure to note where you go the idea from

Journaling
1. Make a book like journaling spot and add extra pages if you need it
2. Make a journaling spot from spirelli embellishment
3. add video clips in place of journaling Video Clips for journaling
4. journal around a picture or element on the page
5. Journal in an open spot on the picture like this.
6. Personify your journaling. you remember good old personification- giving a non-human person qualities. So tell the story of the picture from the perspective of an object in the picture or maybe even from the pet's point of view.
7. Journal in a shape. Outline the shape but also add some words to the outline part. Here's an example
8. journal on a tag and find a place (even tucked a little under something)
9. rainbow shadowed journaling- journal in one color and trace over/rewrite in a different color
10. Make an envelop from one of the templates hereand tuck a note into it.
11. illuminated manuscript- this is a decorative font usually the first letter is dolled up more than the rest
12. Make a pocket for your page
13. Make a journaling scroll. Journal on a piece of paper, roll it up and attach it to a page.
14. rainbow journaling- using two or more colors rotate through the colors as you journal
15. Journaling must be over 500 words
16. shape journaling- journal in a shape (spiral, heart, ect.) on the page or tag, showing or hidden (if hidden-snap a picture of it)
17. Make your hidden journaling interactive. Make it so that viewer must pull or twist a tab or tag to expose the jouranling. Here's an example.
18. add a thought or talk bubble
19. journaling strips- journal on slips
20. You must go into the quote resources here at sb.com and find a quote to add to the page. Check out the quotes here.
21. Folded journalings spot with a center punch. Check out what Mandy made here.
22. Use a definition. Print or write a definition that is symbolic of the layout. Must include pronunciation code, part of speech and if possible multi-definitions.
23. add an interactive song.
step one: go to www.playlist.com/
step two: find a song that is appropriate for your page
step three: copy the url
step four: got to http://goqr.me/
step five: select the url tab and paste the code
step six: print the QR code and add it to your layout
!!! now this code can be scanned by a smart phone and the song will play with the page

Knots-
1. Heart knot
2. Button knot
3. French Sennit
4. Sailor's knot
5. Monk Braid

Edited by Progressive Challenge on 11-18-12 10:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Resident

ROOKIE RECOGNITION

justowen
Governor
justowen

Bookmarked it so I can find it!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to justowen

me too:)

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to tinadn

Me three

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to Faithscrapper

I did too

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to Teresakay

Found it!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to provinca

Is everyone having a good weekend?

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to Faithscrapper

Excited about the Progressive Challenge this weekend!

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to justowen

Me too I can't wait ...they told us we had to work Saturday for inventory probably 12 hours but our network was down today and didn't get working until lunch time so production lost 4 hours so they have to work Saturday (I don't have to work when production does usually) So hopefully I will be here for the progressive.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to Teresakay

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Page 1 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics