Page 6 of 7 
Username Post: Progressive Chat ~~ Next Live Round March 23        (Topic#1578739)
Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to provinca

Let me know! Stacey if there is enough interest, I can host one at least, maybe a double header, but I can commit to one round for now!

Resident
In response to Progressive Challenge

• Progressive Challenge Said:
STEP TWO

1. Add a banner by cutting the background paper
2. Faux snake skin/ leather
3. Do a scalloped border with lace of ribbon. Here's a cool tutorial
4. background
5. make a postage stamp background
6. Use decorative scissors on at least one side of the one of the papers
7. Baby oil & ink
8. Make a chevron pattern
9. Moon-shaped Lace-up
10. splattered background
11. rip paper in the middle of the page
12. do a mask [lightly ink or paint- I suggest using some spray on product- so it will dry quickly. Here's Irene Tan's how-to.
13. Paper towel background
14. stamped border
15. Brush distressed
16. apply more than one stamp {hummm where is the trick ‘cause what will happen next!!!]\}
17. Combine both waves & curles
18. water distress in this style- Water Distress
19. Find a spot to recreate this masculine lace up using paperclips and floss or twine
20. Embossed resist a portion of one your papers
21. Add one of these types of doily
22. moisten the edges and curl a side up
23. Faux candy
24. Use the textured technique on your background paper on a piece of paper you will use on your paper.
25. Make one paper look like leather
26. add stickles or glitter to the entire page, the edges, or select parts of the patterns
27. Raised Background
28. Create a stitched border of line on your paper. Here's some ideas
29. Either your project must be shaped as a large circle or it must contain a large circle with a lacey circle.
30. Distressed Gesso
31. use a border punch on at least on of your papers
32. distress an area by hold punching and inking a patch and here's the tutorial
33. Use circle punches under some paper to give the page depth. Like this
34. burn the edges or use soot colored ink
35. Fabric for Background
36. tear the edges
37. Create a pattern paper by masking
38. Aged Background with gel medium
39. crumble, wad, and then unfold and straighten
40. place a textured item under the paper and sand over the paper so that texture shows through. Sand paper trick
41. Mask and then Stencil
42. Make crooked curls like Bonnie
43. Accent you pattern paper by stitching. here's an example .
44. use ink, paint or even a marker to make your own polka dots if you use ink or paint share with the group what strange object you used to make the uniform pock-a-dots (I use bingo markers, bubble wrap, pencil tops)
45. Gabriella P's ruffled edge.
46. Checkerboard with masking tape
47. use six or more pattern papers
48. add one of these store bought mediums or click the links to get homemade types:glitter glaze, twinkling h2o, shimmer paint, or glimmer glam
49. create your own glitter paper
50. Add double lacing to your papers
51. Use a doily as a mask.
52. Use a double ring.
53. Left-over alpha background
54. Homemade Die-cut
55. Create texture with a gel and a comb
56. Paint on one or more of your papers
57. Add crackle paint or texture. Here's a tutorial on making crackle paint with elmers glue.
58. Use an old book or magazine page as one of your papers
59. Dry emboss one or more of your papers. Here's a how to on making your own embossing folder
60. Apply spider lacing
61. Deboss one or more of your papers (debossing is basically the opposite of embossing, the image is depressed rather than raised.)
62. Edge punch half of 2 sides sample
63. Ink your embossing folder before using
64. Pattern paper shaped background
65. Use (very!) diluted bleach on a cotton swab or cotton ball to distress one or more of your papers
66. Use a mask or scallop cuts to create hills. Winter hills are pretty but any season could work. Here's a little how-to.
67. Tea or coffee stain one of your papers
68. Curl a layer back and weave behind. Here's a great example
69. Apply a woven stitch.
70. Add a ruffle. Here's a crepe paper ruffle or a Plus you can dress up the crepe paper ruffles fabric ruffle.
71. Use good old Elmer's glue to create an embossed look. Here's a great tutorial.
72. Create a background of sewn scraps example 1 or example two.
73. Fussy cut one of your pattern papers. This means following a pattern on the paper and using it as a guide and making intricate cuts that follow the pattern.
74. Melted crayon background
75. Bow distressed corner
76. Mask a spot for journaling and stitch around that edge. If your do this technique you may skip step seven. Here's an example
77. Paint of strips of chipboard for texture and a unique matting for your pictures. Here's a tutorial.
78. Make a flower border
79. add texture to your page... try embossing or any creative measure you can. here's a tutorial on brick texture and another texture technique here's a tutorial on brick texture and another texture technique
80. Create an inverted scalloped edge. We'll need at least an extra 5 minutes to do this awesome technique. Check it out here.
81. Turn circle punches into a square shape like this.
82. Write directly on the page creating a frame. Here's an example
83. Layered scallops
84. Be sure you end with 5 layers over your background paper. Check out Frank's how-to
85. Sew and mask your title. This will take a large portion of the page. Here's the awesome tutorial . If you do this you will get a get of the title free pass. You'll need the time I'm sure.
86. Stitch a large circle
87. Frame your page in a title on at least two sides. Here's an example.
88. Follow Gerry's tutorial and use an edge punch or decorative scissors to doll up a circle on the page.

Helpful links:
Homemade glimmer mist Homemade alcohol ink Make-Up Glimmer Mist
Homemade Modge podge

Resident

• Progressive Challenge Said:
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@Step 3@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Step THREE: Select any ONE of the following to do to your picture or photo mat

1. paper piece or faux paper piece one of your pictures
2. Mat or frame your pictures in a word or number like this example
3. Crop at least one to a shape other than the original
4. make a frame and on the frame do your journaling so that your handwriting is the decorative part of the frame
5. Double mat at least one distress the edges
6. Horizontal mosaic cut like the picture on top of this layout
7. Holes in picture to reveal bottom layers. Check this
8. Use store bought decorative corner
Artistic Transfer
10. Try a quilled frame. Check out Lisa's example.
11. distress the edges of one by rough them with scissors, filing, sanding
12. Make the picture itself a shadow box.
13. single mat at least one
14. add an interactive slider
15. Break away mosaic corner.
16. Use buttons as a frame or partial frame
17. Make one pic a Photo pendant
18. Crop at least one to a shape a circle or heart shape
19. Make a brick wall mat... Cut squares, stamp, mask, or put down molding paste and layer with brick. Here's an example
20. Make a matt using a scalloped edge with lace or ribbon to accentuate the scallops. Here's a great tutorial.
21. paper roll (or fake paper roll by glue paper behind picture). Here’s a tutorial on how this should be done, but feel free to improvise. Rolled paper
22. As a decorative corner use a doily or faux doily. Here’s an example
23. Crop your picture into an item. Not a shape, but an item. Make the picture look like a teddy bear, a butterfly, etc. Anything but a rectangle, square, circle, oval, or diamond.
24. Use a black and white photo
25. Denim frames
26. Use hole punches and eyelets on your picture or matt for a masculine distressed look. Here's an awesome example by Natasha AKA Luv.My.Babiez's.
27. repaint picture
28. do pleating around the picture- Pleating 1 Tutorial or here Pleating 2 Tutorial and here too Circle Pleating
29. Metal corners
30. add non-traditional decorative corners (use punches, stickers, rub-ons - be creative)
31. create a faux metal frame
32. Add paint on your photo. This is a great technique to remove unwanted background clutter and to make your picture blend to the page.
33. Transparency decorative corners
34. Water color a portion of a black and white picture like this.
35. Rolled Frame
36. Accent your picture by adding stitching to the edge of the picture or matt
37. Cut photos into multiple letters or shapes lie this Example
38. Instead of a mat use a frame!! That means it must extend over the picture and have the center cut out. You can place it anyway you want over the picture and any frame type transparencies count
39. Use a fan flower as a frame. See Sherry's incredible example here.
40. You must be in at least one of the pictures.
41. Use double sided tape and make a frame to your page. Here's an example to make your frame look like tinsel frame using double sided tape and glitter to make a frame.... hum anyone for a twist to make this year round
42. Make a photo banner. Here's an example
43. Use a round mat or frame but a square picture fit to the round. Here’s an example
44. Frame a picture is lace, ribbon, or trim
45. Improvise on digital effects. Check out this tutorial for an example
46. Use good old-fashioned round corners. Here's a trick for making round corners.
47. Molded frame or you can do something similar but just for at least one of the corners
48. Stamp frame
49. Make decorative corners by quilling a shape to attach to at least one of the corners
50. Make these type of photo corners.
51. Two picture illusion
52. Use decorative scissors on the picture or mat
53. Matt the core of your layout including embellies. Here's an example.
54. Use a heart shaped frame
55. Use paper strips- placed or weaved under pic as mat: example
56. Make a mat the same size and shape as the picture but justify the picture to one edge leaving me mat uneven on the other side. Here's an example.
57. Stack your photos with the biggest on the bottom to the smallest on top. Make a little pocket to hold them and place each picture on a tag that can be pulled out to view. Here's an [url=http://designs-by-ju lie.blogspot.com/2011/11/never-naughty -always-nice.html]example.[/ur
58. Create a mat of circle punches as a border like this
59. silhouette crop at least one picture (to make it fit the area on your sketch or scraplift place it on a mat that is about the size of the original
example:

60. mosaic cut the picture
mosaic 1
mosaic 2
mosaic 3

Resident
In response to provinca

Anna u r right this all did begin on vet's day... Anyone around for one? I'm scrapping all day Sunday i think and I'm going to a crop with no wifi monday

I'm cleaning up the front page with less prompts.

provinca
Mayor
provinca

Sorry I didn't see this post earlier. I spent the entire day yesterday in my scrap room. Would have been great to do a progressive! Oh well, maybe I can make the monthly one!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to provinca

Bummer! I will be scrapping away today anyway! I hope I get to make the monthly one, but with working nights on the weekends (5:30pm-2:00am, Fri, Sat, & Sun) it is hard to make it for me I will figure something out so I can play though! Have a nice day ladies!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Megan Ann

With all the recent changes to my life, I won't be able to host the weekend after Thanksgiving. If someone else would like to that would be awesome. I plan to have the front page templates reduced by then so it'd be easier. I can and will host Dec 1st however.

And Megan what time of day are you awake with the strange weekend schedule?

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to Ms.Schwiet

Hi! Sounds like everyone has a hectic life.

I won't be around next weekend at all...headed to KS to try to cram a lot of family events into a few days. I might not be online much the following week until Friday, either...classes/test/homework, dr appt in STL, kids appt, etc., etc., etc. BUT, if I can remember....I should be on Friday! I got a Kindle Fire for my bday this week, so I may be able to sneak in some random online times between now and then.

Resident
In response to justowen

Well then we'll just do this the first weekend of December

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

1st weekend of December sounds great! I could go for a 12pm EST/11am CST round! I have to leave for work at 3:30 pm CST on Saturdays, so I think that would be perfect and I will get home around 3 am on Saturday morning, so if it is at 11 am, then I can get 6-7 hours of sleep between work and scrapping

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to justowen

woo hoo!!! 3 times!!! I hope to play live for the noon one, but love having 2 more that I can play along with at my leisure!

Resident
In response to Megan Ann

Let the count down begin. I've managed to come down with a cold flu thing but it won't stop this. Off to clean up page one

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

What is the time frame for the next progressive?

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Megan Ann

Here's the 2013 schedule tenatativly.

Tentative times will be 8, 12, 5 on saturday and 12 and 3 on Sunday

Jan 26-27
Feb 23-24
march 23-24
April- 20-21
May -18- 19
June - 29 -30
July 27 -28
Aug TBA
Sept 21-22
Oct 19-20
Nov 30-Dec 1
Dec 28-29

justowen
Governor
justowen

Sounds great! I need to find me a 2013 calendar!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to justowen

Can't wait for 2013!!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Megan Ann

I know so much scrapping to look forward to!! Plus some wonderful times and adventures to get pictures of to scrap.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Oh me oh my.... Cindy at FUNtoola has something right up our alley. It's called a build a page contest. She'll do a step a day for a week. How fun!

http://funtoolas.ning.com/forum/topics/build-a- page-con...

Resident

JAN 2013 Round 1

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Here we go
jan 2013 round 2
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15844...

Page 6 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics