Username Post: HELP!!!! Boys Baby Book        (Topic#1578785)
Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

Ok I need help I'm making a baby book for a neighbor the room is going to have sea turtles I need ideas for paper and also for embelishments.

Also what is the netting called that people use....I need my scrapbook friends I've only got a month so need to get stuff ordered.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Sneezy1956

Hi Jane,
I found a few items here....
I've also seen stuff at Ms if you live close to one. I purchased a small pkg. of fishing net at Ms but it was where the vases and decorative stones etc. are, not in scrapbooking isles.
I would just use a lot of green, blue and sand colours in the album and maybe an occasional turtle stamp or something....
Good Luck! Sounds like fun!

Alison

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to kiyawinn

Thanks I found the same paper on here I didn't think about looking at the flower area....I'm making a trip to columbus tomorrow maybe order the sea turtle here and match it.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

This set just has the one sea turtle, but maybe some of the other stuff would work as well.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to aquabunny

Thansk Aqua! I didn't find that one I think I'm going to go with sheets of the sea turtles paper for the cover and then use the Doodlebug with white back ground bazzill for the mini. do you all think that will go well together?

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

I've used drywall tape on fishing pages for the netting. You can buy it in white and color it to match your project.

You can get a big roll of it for just a few dollars at my other favorite scrapbook store ... Home Depot

There's also magic mesh which is the "scrapbook approved" version but I'm not sure if they make that anymore. I saw it years ago and it looked like colored drywall tape.

Sounds like a fun project...be sure to share!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Kim222

Yep - I've used the drywall tape too. It inks up pretty good too.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

Hi Jane, If you mean nautical netting, they have those at different craft stores. I tthink I saw someone said like Mikes, Jos & HL. call & ask.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to anda11

yeah nautical netting is what i want and I know now where to look for it. thank you all of the ideas

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser

• Sneezy1956 Said:
Ok I need help I'm making a baby book for a neighbor the room is going to have sea turtles I need ideas for paper and also for embelishments.

Okay, totally hijacking this thread. Because I completely misread the first sentence ... left out "the room" ... and my eyes bugged out because I thought the neighbor was going to HAVE sea turtles! Now that I'd like to see!!!

As for the rest, I use drywall tape cut into shapes, or one time I cut up a lingerie laundry bag in order to get the netting for a LO.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics