Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: What Are The Best Adhesives?        (Topic#1578789)
jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Kim222

Tombo Mono's, huh? I'll have to check that out, too!

uruvero
Veteran
uruvero
In response to jaspernonyx

Something similar to this...it's very good.
Products Referenced in This Post:

jessalynn
Tenant
jessalynn
In response to uruvero

So there is no adhesive that you can see when you use the xyron?

uruvero
Veteran
uruvero
In response to jessalynn

Nope, it is just like a sticker. The xyron converts what you put through it into a sticker. You can even put ribbon through it.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to uruvero

When it comes out of the xyron machine there is a film of plastic on top of it which you just peel away - it doesn't stick at all. The bottom of the letters have the adhesive so you just glue them down. It gives the most thorough and even coverage and doesn't show when used with velum.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to uruvero

I recently used it for 1/8" wide ribbon and it worked great. There is no other way I could have neatly adhered a 12" length of it.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to mrsdriver5

To save money, tonight I went back to using Scotch double-sided tape instead of glue dots with everything. I just won't touch the Scotch wet scrapbook glue nor their double-sided special Scrapbook tape. Last summer, I made cards with the wet Scotch glue, and the bling that i adhered with it fell off a bunch of them! And, like i said, things that i have done with Scotch Scrapbook tape (which is really expensive) are falling apart. Major bummer!

Hope you find what works for you. I see that some people just aren't fans of wet glue. I may be one of them. I'm pretty happy with the tape, glue dots, and my little Xyron.

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to jaspernonyx

I was just thinking about this topic today!!! I don't like liquid glues but they seem to be a necessary EVIL for some of my projects!! So far I have tried three different brands and I'm not happy with any of them!!
But I absolutely love love love my ATG!! I'm so grateful to all the scrappers who suggested this to me(:

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to res19s2d

I never mastered using the ATG - I sold mine at an LSS garage sale! I'm too uncoordinated, I guess - everyone else seems to love them. I have a 5" Xyron and use Tombow runners. For liquid glue, I am absolutely in love with The Best Glue Ever that you get from Scraperfect. It has the teeniest little hole in the end so you can use just a minute amount - perfect for those darn Cricut font letters! And it never clogs. The cap has a little secondary cap glued inside that covers just the tip when it's closed.

kajunkat
Idol
kajunkat
In response to Kim222

I am with you with the liquid. I make a mess.. I do use in occasion but rarely. I love my ATG it lasts a long time. And I scrap alot. I do like my Xyrons. I have 3 different sizes. I love the X for small letters you can beat it. And if i have something with small designs it is hard to to ATG on it (bc sometimes it makes it tear) so I use my Xyron 5. And I use Glue Dot for buttons etc.
Good luck. It is a trial and error thing for each of us.

jessalynn
Tenant
jessalynn
In response to kajunkat

Well I got the small X xyron and and must say I really do like it great buy.

DeborahM-Mom of Two
Idol
DeborahM-Mom of Two
In response to Kim222

I used ScraPerfect's Best Glue Ever for most things - it doesn't warp paper and can be used on just about everything. Fabulous for ribbon.

If I'm working paper to paper I like the Scotch dot n roller because I'll often change my mind and move things around. It's easy to pull up and you can use a rubber eraser to remove adhesive on your paper (mostly without damage).

If it's on top (like filling a charm), then I'll use Glossy Accents. But I hate how the tip clogs up.

Zip Dry gives a good hold, but I can't stand the smell and I find I have to use a lot of glue.

tnrose2001
New Kid On the Block
tnrose2001
In response to Kim222

What is the best adhesive to use with vellum? Would Zip Dry work?

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to tnrose2001

I got a vellum adhesive for some eyebrow-raising price (not here) and it works great but I'm scared to use it because it was so expensive. Stupid eh?

I tend to stick only the parts of the vellum that are being covered up, so I can use normal adhesive. I'm afraid I've never used Zip-Dry, but any adhesive will work, it's just whether it shows through the vellum. The best thing is to try and see.

I've linked a few for you. I think it's the Scotch one that I've got.

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to RedSquirrel

I have really been enjoying using my Xyron sticker maker with my vellum. It's a trick I learned from Heidi Swapp and it works great - it adds an even coat that you cannot detect when you adhere it to your paper. BEtter than the vellum tapes or liquid adhesives I have used.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to GwynnAsbury

Gwynn... great reminder about using the Xyron.

dena magyar
Tenant
dena magyar
In response to RedSquirrel

I run the entire vellum through the Xyron. It changes the color ever so slightly but it is for the entire piece so yoiu can't tell. I have 5 Xyron machines of all sizes - even the big one from the 90's and they all still work! They are my go-to for adhesives. The little "X" is awesome for ribbon.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to dena magyar

I love my xyron products. I just bought the scotch pink tag and I am learning how to use it as a lefty but the adhesion is good.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics