Username Post: Which embossing machine to buy?        (Topic#1578799)
Shiby 
New Kid On the Block
  • Shiby on 07-21-12 05:43 PM

Hi from PerĂº! I'm new to scrapbooking and want to try Dry embossing. I already know about The embossing powders, and i love it!, but i have seen machines that do the embossing, and I was wondering in which should i invest?
I've seen many brands and wanted to know if all of them can share the dies?
Thank You very much in advance for your suggestions

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to Shiby

I like the Cuttlebug. It does not use electricity and the embossing folders are reasonably priced and many brands can be used in it.
Products Referenced in This Post:

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I have the Sizzix Texture Boutique and I have the Cuttlebug. I love them both...

I do think that the Cuttlebug is a better buy because you can emboss and cut shapes with it.

The Texture Boutique is for embossing only...

Edited by debby_westbrook on 07-22-12 03:13 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Shiby

I love my big shot and use it often for embossing and cutting. You can also ink or paint your folders and run the paper through your machine for a cool letterpress look.

The embossing folders are pretty much universal, so you can use the Sizzix, Cuttlebug, Darice etc folders in most machines.

Edited by Kim222 on 07-22-12 05:10 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

nrskrs
nrskrs 
Resident
nrskrs
In response to Kim222

I have both the Cuttlebug and Spellbinders Grand Caliber. I love both so I couldn't tell you which one to go with there! I bought the Grand Caliber simply because it's bigger and I love their designs.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to nrskrs

I am happy with my Cuttlebug.

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to jaspernonyx

Cuttlebug!!

Tenant
In response to pamela.tx

I love my Epic 6!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to PaperTulip

I love my big shot!!!!!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to binkiemonstermom

Another vote for the Cuttlebug.

It takes dies from all other makes (except the really big dies), it embosses, it doesn't need electricity or a computer.

I have a digital cutter too, but I still use my Cuttlebug on almost every project.

klong618
Tenant
klong618
In response to RedSquirrel UK

I also have a texture boutique, I just started getting interested in embossing and I already have a cricut so I didn't want to jump into anything with cutting if I didn't need it. I love it to be honest, it's been great for my first jump into embossing.

DeborahM-Mom of Two
Idol
DeborahM-Mom of Two
In response to klong618

Pretty much every machine will take any die or embossing folder. I'd recommend getting a larger one (that'll fit the larger/wider dies) so you have the ability to use the wide dies if you want to.

I've got a cuttlebug and a Vagabond, but if I were buying fresh I'd probably start with a Big Shot.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics