Username Post: Lucky 8 Punch        (Topic#1578813)
Becky.contact
New Kid On the Block
Becky.contact

Hello,

Does anyone have a Lucky 8 punch?

They are very costly compared to other punches and I am wondering if they are worth it. I am new to card making and I would love to make circles with pretty edges and so forth. Is there another way to punch circle edges? I don't own a Cricut or Die Cut machine, so I was wondering if maybe I should purchase a Lucky 8 Punch or should I just look into purchasing a Cricut or Die Cut machine instead.

Thank you for your help and best wishes, Becky

Edited by Becky.contact on 07-21-12 10:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to Becky.contact

I do have some Lucky 8 punches. They cut well. They are large to store. If you are serious about crafting...and only want to purchase enough to get you started and can afford aCricut... I say go for it. The punches will provide you with the same cut over and over but one Cricut cart. will provide you with hundreds of cuts/ sizes/images. However, you will need to purchase supplemental supplies.

silverspurs121
New Kid On the Block
silverspurs121
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Buy yourself a Cricut Expression....you will not be sorry

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to silverspurs121

I agree with the die cut machine instead of the punches as well. Check your inbox, just sent you a PM!!

Expert
In response to GIGIGI30

there is a new lucky eight punch out that does 6x6 paper..smaller in size...I saw it on HSN. That might work better for cards. I have 6 of the lucky eight punches, but I think they really work better on 12x12 paper, to get the full effect, which would be too big for your standard card.
I do agree that a cricut might suit your needs better right now.

charsuse
Resident
charsuse
In response to Becky.contact

Hi, I mainly make cards and my loving daughter in law sent me two to try. Although they are very easy to use and lovely I found them to only work on 12 by12 paper.. Not too useful for cards but great for layouts. Lots of luck..

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics