Username Post: :cry: HELP Please if u can... I need something in my life to go right :cry:        (Topic#1578833)
Tweety14kath
Resident
Tweety14kath

Sorry for pity party... But I need something to make me smile. I'm looking for Teeny Tiny Matchbook Pads that u can decorate.they have the little flap whe/ u tuck in the tip of the cover. #2 Ques. Where might I find a similar pad, except that it opens from side & is with a TeenyTiny Pen.Then finally, I purchased a TINY KLEENEX BOX from an artist,that u can decorate and make a Top or cover for. My, middle son died last year & my mom just died 2 mon. ago & I have been diagnosed with LYMPHADEMA in my left leg after a surgeon, during surgery COMPROMIZED my LYMPHATIC SYSTEM in my left leg.... So there's the fight ev. day to compress my leg from the toe to keep all SWELLING DOWN up for the rest of my life!!!... Then Friday, I FELL.... GET THIS ..... I FELL "UP".....YES........."UP" ... the stairs AND Then, Part of my body hit the corner going in one direction while my knee STAYED facing the other wall....BIG HUGE SNAP!!!...Now in a leg brace on the right leg and Lymphadema on the left! So, could someone help me find these Tony little things for gifts. Thx so much luv, kath

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to Tweety14kath

Hi Kath, I am Sorry so much is not going right for you! Maybe I can help a little. I have questions tho so I understand what you need...
1) Are the match book pads like a paper pad? I have something similar with a pen but they are 3 x 4 inches about. I have 2 new ones if you would like them I would mail them to you! They actually look like the could be easy to copy if you have the note pads.
2)Are you wanting to make the little matchbook pads? I have done something similar before and it is pretty easy. I used card stock. Measure the paper pad(I used post it note pads), double the height(the part that will fold over the top) and add 1/8 inch all around. add 1/2 inch to the length so you will have a bit of over hang for the tuck in place. Put the pad onto the card stock you cut, I place the pad at the top, then slide it down one length, so the biggest space is above the top. Then fold up the bottom piece which should cover it half way. Then fold down the top over the bottom piece. Crease the top and bottom sides to make it form to the paper pad. Draw a light pencil line where you want the tuck in space to be and use an exacto or a paper trimmer to make that slit. If you are happy with the way it forms to the pad, glue down the paper pad and tuck the flap in and let the glue dry and you are finished! I could show you better with photos maybe but have never done it before so it may look lame . I am willing to try if you wish me to Just say so.
Big Hugs for the loss of your Mom and Son I lost my Dad and Mom in 2005 and 2006 and still feel it for sure. But I am sure those we lost would like us to keep trying in our lives and go on!
Let me know what I can help with and I will do whatever I can...I could make matchbook covers for you if I knew what size too

Tweety14kath
Resident
Tweety14kath
In response to catzscrapper

thank you soooo very much for writing me. You were so very compassionate towards me...& I kind of needed a friend or 2 tonight. It sounds like the 2little pads you have are what I'm talking about. And YES YES YES ....I would love the two if you didn't need them...but I need to know how much $ I need to send you.....ok?It's real late & I need to get these legs of mine elevated & get some nigh nigh. I'll write you tomorrow...but God Bless you...He sent me an Angel tonight in you.....no more tears for tonight...just some good sleep!.Thank you again honey!!! Hugz,, kath...from TN. Xoxoxo

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper

I sent you a private message.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to catzscrapper

I'm soooooooooo sorry for all your pain and all your losses I know nothing about the pads, but I just had to give you a great big I hope things turn around for you soon! It's always darkest before the dawn!

rhinestone
Veteran
rhinestone
In response to CommaHolly

hope you get what u are looking for. sorry for your losses. i lost a husband and cant imagine the pain of losing my mom or child.

tynmicsmom
Expert
tynmicsmom
In response to rhinestone

Kathy I am so sorry for you losses hugs to you.
The note pads sound cute maybe you could post a picture when you are done making them?

Take care,
Bonnie

fibromom1
Tenant
fibromom1

Tweety,
I'm so sorry for your loss and your suffering with the legs situation. I have debilitating Fibromyalgia (about 30 symptoms to go with that) and have lost 2 careers... going on 3... from it. I love handmade cards and, through a series of events, became a cardmaker myself. While I LOVE surprising Loved Ones by sending cards in their mailboxes, the biggest BLESSING TO ME has been that, when I'm in the DEEP CREATIVE MODE and having to concentrate on the application, THE PAIN IS SOMEWHAT BLOCKED!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe you can get a table that will pull up to the couch or bed (legs elevated) and you can occupy your mind with CREATING STUFF, hence blocking it of all the trauma/pain you are dealing with... You might find some relief... even for just an hour or two!

RE: matchbox book, I have one that is like a mini-album which I use as my template for making more. EXCELLENT WAY to "scrapbook" without actually doing a scrapbook! Also, a way fun way to send pics to Loved Ones.

fibromom1
Tenant
fibromom1
In response to rhinestone

• Quote:
Paper Therapy Group

Please explain. I use cardmaking as a form of pain management.

SherylEb
Guru
SherylEb
In response to fibromom1

sorry for your loss and your pain. If you have a die cut machine, you could use this Tim Holtz Matchbook die. There are also several Basic Grey matchbook kits on clearance in store.

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit

Kath, no apologies necessary as we all need a good cry and, yes, a pity party now and then and it sounds like you could use some sympathy and support. I am really sorry for your losses. You never get over them but somehow I hope you will find a way to get past them. Believe me, I can also sympathize with chronic health problems that seem to multiply at times with no end in sight. First hand experience with that issue says keep your mind occupied as much as possible with other things. In regard to your quest for the matchbook note pads, I recently saw an ad in a magazine for those. I will have to PM you with the web site where you can buy them. They have tiny calendars you can put inside them too. After you have completed some I hope you will post pics and let us all see the results.

Diva
In response to Ms. Fit

We are here to support each other in any possible way. It is save. No need to apologize. I have had my days as well!

KayMCee
Expert
KayMCee
In response to bayamonesa1

Kath, I sent you a pm.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics