Username Post: Punch        (Topic#1578855)
mstasha
Veteran
mstasha

I am looking for a punch and I'm not sure what you call them to look it up in the super store...so any help in finding one would be greatly apperciated. I need something that will punch small holes or even make slots in the center of a page to put a ribbon thru to tie something to the page. I know that you can use the crop-a-dile big bite to get to the center of a page, but I don't need something that expensive or fancy. TIA.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to mstasha

Those old school eyelet setters work for holes.

And I use an exacto knife for cutting straight lines. (With the help of a ruler, of course.)

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to mstasha

I would suggest a hammer-based hole punching set like the one found in the Making Memories tool kit. They also made a hammer-based slot-punching kit, but it may no longer be available - the one I have didn't come with ribbon, I got it for $4 from a site that sells overstock and discontinued scrapping supplies.
Products Referenced in This Post:

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to mstasha

I use TH's paper piercer. It has a sharp point that gets thicker as you go up, so you can make a tiny hole, or push it in the paper farther to make a bigger hole. If I need the hole even bigger, I just kind of rotate the point around to enlarge the hole.

If you put "pierce" into the search bar in the superstore, you'll find several tools at all prices.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to mrsdriver5

The Martha Stewart screw punch is perfect for this use. It can punch a hole of any of 3 included sizes anywhere on your page. Just place a small mat behind the paper to absorb the force of the punch.
I use it and always bring it with me to crops, along with a small 3" square rubber mat. (A small mouse pad will work.)

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to mstasha

I think you are looking for Martha Stewart's "Punch around the Page" punch. It looks like a little square box. I have never used one but I have seen them in stores

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to Unique scrapper

No, Unique scrapper. The "Punch Around the Page" is used for placing intricate designs of about 3" square on a page. It is NOT used for a single hole.

mstasha
Veteran
mstasha
In response to mstasha

Intially I was thinking that there may be a punch (like the punch around the page) that did just a single hole or ribbon slots. Thanks for all your answers. Looks like there are some good tools I just had no idea what they were called. As a last resort I was thinking I could use a good old fashioned awl and hammer, LOL, but instead I will be off to M's to see what they have.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to mstasha

What about something like these?

eclecticstuff
Resident
eclecticstuff
In response to Kim222

If you try searching with Google for Long Reach Ribbon punch I think you will find something.

michelley2002
Resident
michelley2002
In response to eclecticstuff

I use the making Memories Hole punch and hammer. It is pretty loud, but luckily I live with some pretty heavy sleepers. If you decide to go that way the punch set is on clearance at Michaels for about $4. I don't know about the hammer, but you really could use any hammer you have around the house already.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to michelley2002

Ooohhhhhh......I missed the part about wanting it in the middle of the page. None of my suggestions will help that...Sorry!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics