Username Post: Anybody else sewing??        (Topic#1578871)
catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper

Just wondering who else is doing any sewing projects lately. I made a new friend online who has a business that works to help animal shelters and donates toys, catnip, treats various items for cats and kittens. she prefers only to do this for cats but also loves dogs. I make catnip toys for her to donate ans so that is what I have been working on...intill I run out of cotton scraps any way. it is fun ans since I grow my own catnip it is easy to do and fun for me to keep me from getting into trouble!
Also working on:
Making my own flannel PJ's for when Winter starts!
repairing our work clothes (patching mostly)
making fabric gift bags for the local charities to sell.
making snowmen wall hangings to sell at Holiday bazaars.

So, what are the other seamstresses creating or repairing or wanting to sew when you have a few minutes to do so?? Just thought I would ask because I like to know what else is out there in the creative sewing world

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 07-24-12 05:17 AM
In response to catzscrapper

I don't have too many "small" sewing projects. I just finished the nursery for my newest DGD - all Bambi. Still need to make a few more burp cloths for her. I have a king size Log Cabin quilt that I need to finish before Christmas.

I've looking at a few of the pillowcase projects and might start making those, just to clear out my stash.

Seaexplore has been working on a quiet book for her daughter. Those look fun!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Tivi

I've been BFF's with my sewing machine this summer.

I've made a pleated crib skirt, a pleated/nonpleated full/queen bed skirt, crib chew rail, curtain tie backs. All for my DD's room.

Right now I'm making a quiet book for DD. I've been using vinyl. Love the stuff! I have found that the key tomsewing with it is sewing tape. It sticks it really well and doesn't gum up the machine! No more binder clips trying to hold the layers together.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Seaexplore

Quiet book is d.o.n.e.

http://seaexplore.blogspot.com/2012/08/allys-quiet-b ook...

scrapperjen1
Tenant
scrapperjen1
In response to Seaexplore

I NEED to be! Christmas is coming....

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to scrapperjen1

I have two quilt's waiting to be quilted and both my and my sister's machines crapped out!!!!

I now have to decide if I get them serviced for $$ or just wait and ask SANTA for a new GOOD machine for x-mas!!!

And I really want to start an iPhone hanging charge case and a quiet book for my ds but....

meela
meela 
Resident
meela
  • meela on 10-21-12 05:55 PM
In response to Scrapbook Queen

I have been sewing like mad when I get a free 30 minutes, and have enjoyed every second. I love to sew, and for the past few years haven't had much time to do so. I still don't have much time, but am squeezing it in anyway. Happy stitching everybody!

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to meela

LOL!! Meela you sound like me and my Guy gets all annoyed because I have to layout everything so I can sew pieces in order. I got some of the coolest patterns from a friend who makes them and have been working on some Woodsman dolls. I am having so much fun but it is a little slow going till I get the hang of it. I want to sell some after I make the first one to look like my Guy. But when there are a few minutes I am running upstairs to work on the pieces. I just LOVE sewing

Kaylann
Expert
Kaylann
In response to catzscrapper

Hi! I'm working on a blue jean quilt. I think it will be a little more difficult then the first one I sewed but it will be worth it!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics