Username Post: What are these & how do I use them?        (Topic#1578887)
CalebIsMyHero
Resident
CalebIsMyHero

I got a really good deal on a ton of supplies when I first decided to start scrapping. I bought a bunch of stuff and I don't even know what some of it is, or how to use it. Most of it I have now figured out except these.

They look kinda like stencils, but the grooves are too small for even a lead pencil. So my question is: what are they and how do I use them?

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to CalebIsMyHero

Those are cutting templates for the Coluzzle system. Have fun with it!
Products Referenced in This Post:
Coluzzle Swivel Knife (Discontinued)
Coluzzle Starter Kit (Discontinued)

Cindyckj
Expert
Cindyckj
In response to Kim222

Here's a little demo video I found on here.

http://www.scrapbook.com/videos/?m=view&v= 673&c...

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to Cindyckj

you could also use them as stencils

Bev1
Bev1 
Guru
Bev1
  • Bev1 on 07-24-12 12:40 PM

• CalebIsMyHero Said:
I got a really good deal on a ton of supplies when I first decided to start scrapping. I bought a bunch of stuff and I don't even know what some of it is, or how to use it. Most of it I have now figured out except these.

They look kinda like stencils, but the grooves are too small for even a lead pencil. So my question is: what are they and how do I use them?

I love mine.If you can't find an actual Coluzzle knife you can purchase a similar type at most craft stores.They might have them here.
Enjoy!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Bev1

Yes, Coluzzle templates.

You'll need a swivel tip craft knife and foam mat to use it. I don't have an 'official' Coluzzle mat, but use the foam from the inside of a padded envelope.
FYI - the Coluzzle has been discontinued, so it may be a challenge to find any accessories.

It would be difficult to use as a stencil, because the space is really only big enough for a knife blade.

It was tough for me to get the hang of using mine. Once I mastered the knife technique, I LOVE mine.
I have to disagree with the woman on the video about using the knife at an angle. I find it works best to have the knife at a 90* angle to the template (straight up and down). If you angle your knife, it's too easy to cut in to the template.

Have fun!

CalebIsMyHero
Resident
CalebIsMyHero
In response to Lamoo12

Thanks for the information, ladies.

Since I don't have the swivel knife & they don't sell them any longer, I'm offering them for shipping cost only to anyone who wants them.

Just let me know & we'll work out details.

Angel

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty

You can probably find them on auction sites or somewhere online. Also, other types of similar crafts knives are available.

CalebIsMyHero
Resident
CalebIsMyHero
In response to Here Kitty

I'm not sure I'll ever use them since I already have a Cricut for letters & a few other shape tools already.

Besides, DH has suspended my scrapping budget until I start using more of what I already have.

bigredssw
Tenant
bigredssw

I sent you a PM with my email. Maybe I could trade you some punches or something else from my stash.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics