Page 1 of 20 
Username Post: AUTUMN SPLENDOR AND HAUNTED HALLOWEEN TAG SWAP- due 11/15 OPEN for SIGN UPS        (Topic#1578907)
pennysan
Pro
pennysan

For this swap let your imagination go wild and create a few works of art. Tags are due to be mailed to me by NOV. 15th. Our first theme is "Autumn Splendor" and could include things like changing leaf colors, thanksgiving, scarecrows, harvest, pumpkin patches, apple cider, bobbing for apples, and etc. Our second theme is "Haunted Halloween" and could include things like pumpkins, scarecrows, ghosts, vampires, witches, skeletons, trick or treating, haunted houses, etc.

Here are some perfect examples from the sb.com gallery: Yes, we are expecting your work to match the quality of these samples!!

Halloween tag third eye by Drycha.

Halloween tag by Tara Orr

Description
The tags themselves:
This swap will be a 5 + 1 tag swap. You will make 5 to mail to me and keep one for yourself.

Tag size...should be either a #8 standard size shipping tag (6 1/4 x 3 1/8) or any shape that is roughly around 5-6" long.

Tags need to be made of a sturdy material of your choice, preferably chipboard.

This is an elaborate tag swap. All tags MUST include top of the line products and at least five embellishments (suggestions include glitter, hat pins, buttons, flowers, paperclips, mousetraps, ribbon, staples,lace, rhinestones, charms, pearls, beads, and etc.) and of these five, three must be different. Example you can have 3 flowers, one ribbon, and a paperclip. You cannot just have 5 flowers.
You must also use two different techniques on your tag (such as pop up dots, fussy cutting, chalking, sewing, inking the edges, paint splatter, etc.) NO flat tags allowed for this swap...they must all POP and be dimensional, covered with gorgeous papers and/or fabrics and be loaded down with quality embellishments!
The backs do not have to be covered..
On the back of your wonderful creation, please let us know you created it.
These tags need to be very elaborate. They must be adorned with embellishments and be something that you would be proud to receive. Whether you use a ticket, print a poem or use vellum sayings, your tag must "say" something. It can be one word or it can be phrases, but it must tie into our theme. Suggestions include BOO, Fall, Autumn, Happy Thanksgiving, etc.

Your tags DO NOT have to be the same. Create 6 very unique tags, if you so desire or send in 5 of the same design tags!

It is VERY IMPORTANT that you do your BEST work on these! The bar is set high, but you will be receiving fabulous works of art so don't hold back on the creativity!

Please post pictures of your completed tag or tags in your gallery and here.
Packaging and Mailing:

The tags must be placed into a ziploc bag or some other type of plastic bag to be sent in to keep them safe from damage during shipment.

Tags should be mailed to me no later than Nov. 15th. You must use a delivery confirmation and post that number to the group.
Please provide a return envelope OR package in a manner that your envelope can be reused. I would prefer to recycle. I will ship to the return address on the package unless otherwise noted.
Please package swaps in a ziplock bag to protect from the elements or accidents in shipping.

Include the same amount of stamps/funds that it cost you to mail the package to me PLUS an additional 2 stamps. (forever stamps work great in the US) Please do not send the printed metered strip as they expire immediately.
I will PM you my address.

Please note: your goodies will be shipped back to you by me approximately two weeks after the swap closes. This allows time for all your gorgeous creations to get to me. So since this swap closes September 15th...your goodies will be shipped back to you on approximately November 30th.

General Rules:
Please leave a comment below to join this swap. Please tell us what we should call you.

Weekly check-ins are required. A simple hi or jci (just checking in) is ok. Your last check in should be when you have received your package back.

Please keep in mind that we take flaking very seriously. Do not sign up for this swap if you cannot complete it. If life gets in the way, please have the courtesy to let us know.
Please let us know when you’ve shipped your tags (and post you DC #) and when you have received your swap back.
The main rule is to have FUN!

AUTUMN SPLENDOR

Euroalien/Yvonne

tcletoaddison /Toni

pennysan/Penny
all4ty/Pam
Iheartscrapping/Bonnie
mwendt7/Melissa

Melissa Birlem/Melissa
mleehm
Provinca/Anna

hvn101/Heather
silver26AK
Karmax3
MelindaW
Diamond Events by Tiffany
txstarlinda

HAUNTED HALLOWEEN
pennysan/Penny
all4ty/Pam
Angie Lanthrop/Angie

Iheartscrapping/Bonnie
tcletoaddison /Toni

Melissa Birlem/Melissa

Crafty Lefty/Toccara

mleehm
Provinca/Anna

hvn101/Heather
silver26AK
Sassie/Laura
Karmax3
MelindaW
PhyllisHoward (1)
PhyllisHoward (2)
OhScrapIt/Esmeralda
Diamond Events by Tiffany
txstarlinda

Edited by pennysan on 11-30-12 09:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty
In response to pennysan

Thinking about this one...the 5 has me on the fence. I don't celebrate halloween but I do have some nice papers by October Afternoon for Halloween and fall. I friends at work that celebrate this day so getting the tags good use is no problem. I will let you know tomorrow:)

pennysan
Pro
pennysan
In response to crafty lefty

Crafty Lefty:

We'd love to have you join us. I just checked out your gallery and WOW, you're a wonderful scrapbooker. LOVE your tags!!

If 6 is too many, I suppose we can make an exception since it's kinda a tag for tag swap. Just make as many as you can and if you send in 2, you'll only get two back.

Also we have 2 groups.

I usually like to make a bunch of the same tags and just do it in assembly line fashion after all the supplies are bought, it's easy.

Take your time in joining. I'll probably keep this open until a week before the tags are due.

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK
In response to pennysan

Keeping an eye on this one too. I would prefer a flaker free style or maybe send in 4. I like to make my tags all different, which tends to take longer. Anyway, like I said..... keeping an eye on this, I'll let you know if I can join.

all4ty
all4ty 
Diva
all4ty
In response to silver26AK

I'll take a spot in each group please.

Tenant
In response to all4ty

I'll take a spot in Haunted Halloween.

Edited by angie lathrop on 07-25-12 04:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bonkers
Resident
bonkers
In response to angie lathrop

It's too bad the due date is so far out. I like to display my tags for those holidays, but by the time they are returned, both fall and Halloween will be over.

pennysan
Pro
pennysan
In response to bonkers

Sorry all but I can't please everyone. When I posted my Enchanted Tag Swap many complained that they don't have enough time to complete the tags so I extended the date out on this one.

Now I'm getting complaints that 6 tags are too many to make.

I figured my swaps were basically flake free as long as we could get 7-8 participants. That would allow for 2-3 flakers. If we didn't get that many to participate I'd make up the difference (for all to get 5 different tags).

Edited by pennysan on 07-25-12 07:28 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping
In response to pennysan

I'd like to be in both groups please.

mwendt7
Guru
mwendt7
In response to pennysan

I will do Autumn Splendor Please, let me think a little about the Halloween one. I like you due date if that means anything.

pennysan
Pro
pennysan
In response to mwendt7

Thanks Bonnie and Melissa for joining this swap. I got ya down.

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty
In response to pennysan

Thanks so much for your comments about my gallery. I did not have a chance to look through my stuff to make sure I can make 6 tags. Tomorrow I should be able to look.

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty
In response to pennysan

Of course you can't please everyone that is why we have the choice to choose whether or not we can adhere to your requirements. Don't stress over us that may have a slight issue with the quantity. For me personally I have never made that many tags for a swap and also I know how I take my time and make stuff because this is therapy for me..lol so I don't like to join things that I may have a hard time completing. So Don't worry about me, and I don't want you to change your rules:) Hopefully tomorrow I get in my scraproom and check out my fall stuff to give you a "YES" for this swap!

pennysan
Pro
pennysan

Tocarra, sounds great. I'm still hoping you can join us!!!

I'm used to taking part in swaps that we had to make 10 items for each slot so miss getting all those goodies back. And with me, the planning of my tag or whatever seems to take me the most time.

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to pennysan

Sign me up please for both! Thank you

Edited by tcletoaddison on 07-25-12 06:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pennysan
Pro
pennysan
In response to tcletoaddison

It's great that you're joining us for this one too Toni!!! Adding you now......

pennysan
Pro
pennysan
In response to pennysan

bump

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem
In response to pennysan

I'd love to join!!! Halloween is my FAVORITE holiday! Please sign me up for both groups.

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty
In response to Melissa Birlem

I will take a spot in haunted halloween. I have my papers and embellishments all ready to go

pennysan
Pro
pennysan

Glad you've joined us Melissa and Toccara!!!

Page 1 of 20 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics