Username Post: My first scrapbook page!!        (Topic#1578995)
Ziger44
New Kid On the Block
Ziger44

Hello, All I wanted was to a simple page with my new niece. I ended up spending hours in the store looking at every baby page, sticker, etc I could find. When I got home I didn't realize that I had EVERYTHING pink and the pink letters couldn't been seen at all on the Pink pages behind it. How can I make this a more enjoyable experience? I get so overwhelmed in the store. If you search Ziger44 you'll be able to see my First Scrapbook PAGE!!! Thank you!

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to Ziger44

Don't stress so much
Try not to worry about having to look at all the products available, because it's impossible. Just take a deep breath and try to have fun. It's a cute page!

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to tinacome

Was going to say that. Just go with what you feel is right and good for you...Do it to preserve the memories and have fun while doing it!!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to GIGIGI30

It CAN be overwhelming to walk into a store full of fun stuff and wonder what to look at next!

Just enjoy looking at all the products and getting new ideas on how to use them. Then when you go home, enjoy using those products with your pictures. Then you'll be able to enjoy looking through your finished pages again and again. Lots of enjoyment to be had

Welcome to the neighborhood, and to the hobby!!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Kim222

About your pink lettering: you can always mount the lettering on white paper (or some similiar light color). You can also hang on to it for future projects. It could be that in a year, you have the PERFECT use for those pink letters.

I get overwhelmed in the store, too. Now, I do all of my shopping online, and I am able to (mostly) just buy what I need. I can take my time researching stuff and making up my mind about what I want. If I see a LO that I really like, I search Amazon for the products/brands people use. That's a big part of how I decide what to get. And, in the same vein, when someone mentions a product, I look it up.

I guess what i am trying to say is: buy what you like. If you like it, you will probably find the "perfect" use for it in future LOs. And this is how you build up your "stash" of scrappy goodies.

scrapperjen1
Tenant
scrapperjen1
In response to Ziger44

Great job! I love it!
Just take your time, enjoy the creative process and don't let it stress you out.
HUGS!

Ziger44
New Kid On the Block
Ziger44
In response to scrapperjen1

Thanks Everyone! Very much appreciated. I did end up going back to the stores yesterday and since I had an idea of what I wanted it was easier. But I LOVE this site cause it gives you ALL of the paper, stickers, embellishments, etc all at once. I was able to finish two more pages!!!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Ziger44

Way to go!!! I think people stress about how to start..but once you start, it is downhill from there!!!!!

sharona62
Tenant
sharona62
In response to binkiemonstermom

It can be overwhelming in the store. I find it helpful to use lines that have matching letters and embellishments. That way I know it all goes together. Have fun with your new hobby!

Edited by sharona62 on 07-29-12 06:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

charsuse  carolls creations
Resident
charsuse  carolls creations
In response to Ziger44

Hi, Just try to have lot's of fun and let your creative juices flow. Relax and do what you think should be.. Everyone has their own style and after a while yours will shine through.. And that's the fun and beauty about crafting. It's called creating one of a kind. No one will ever have one like it.

MiaFrancis
Resident
MiaFrancis
In response to Ziger44

I just go to store and buy different stuff what I think I might use in future =) don't let it overwhelm you and just have fun with it! I love your layout, I'm learning too and just having fun with it =) It is my relaxing time after my baby boy goes to bed, let it be fun for you too and not stress

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics