Username Post: I need some layout ideas!        (Topic#1579091)
tld_92 
New Kid On the Block

I just had my first child, a girl, 6 weeks ago and I want to start a scrapbook for her, I just dont know where to start. Please give me some layout ideas! I also want to make a scrapbook of my husband and I, so I need some page ideas for that too. Thanks so much!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to tld_92

Welcome
up at the top of the page are a bunch of tabs. Right now you are in the "Forums" tab. Just to the left is a tab called Gallery.
Guess what is in the gallery?
THOUSAND OF LAYOUT IDEAS! Actually the gallery has over a million layouts.
You can even go into areas in the gallery for the exact themes you are looking for and/or you can do a search.

but if you want people to post here, you have to ask your question in a more creative way...

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to tld_92

You can also put baby in the search box of the layout section. Congrats on your baby. I would start with your pregnancy & pages about how much we want her. Talk about pregnancy cravings & swollen feet.:) My dh used to rub my feet every night when I was pregnant & birth story. Ultrasounds too

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Here is the book I've started for our granddaughter:

Roan, Already We Love You By Henri Jean

Just Born - Both Sides By Henri Jean

Like Father, Like Daugher By Henri Jean

My Mommy & Me - My Daddy & Me By Henri Jean

Baby - Both Sides By Henri Jean

My Room & Six Weeks By Henri Jean

I've been doing all the journaling as if she were writing it - from her perspective. If you click on the links you can read it.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to Henri Jean

I would suggest doing lo's about the "regular old daily stuff." Take pics of the baby's room/area. Take pics of the baby napping, swinging, being held by mom and dad, pics of the bottles and formula (if you use them), pics of the basket of laundry and the piles of folded laundry.

Also, I recommend taking pics of the baby with the same item over time. For instance, my son received a little stuffed lamb when he was a baby. We have a pic of him with it when he received it and the lamb was very big compared to him. Now, however, he is 19 yo and the lamb is smaller than his foot...it would have been cool to have taken pics with the lamb each month his first year, then at least once a year after that.

Also, a page with a pic of the baby in front of your home. If/when you move, always take a pic of the baby/child in front of the home. It will be nice to do a book or page of all the places the baby has lived. Same thing with vehicles. It will be fun for them to see all the different "old" vehicles when they are in their 20's.

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy
In response to justowen

I'm currently finishing my son's 1st year book. So far, I've gotten done his ultrasound pic, 1st foods, first time in the pool at the hotel we stayed at, pics of him sleeping, first professional pic, 1st birthday, 1st Halloween and Xmas. I've also got ones of him playing w/ Daddy, him and his Duck (aka his grandfather), etc The only thing I'm missing is his Christening and his first road trip from CT to FL.

Other ideas I can offer are 1st pics in the hospital, pic w/ the doctor and nurse, using footprints, hospital bands, etc. I also did a journal page taking about dr's visits, cravings, picking a name, etc.

2007 ~ Scraps of Darkness Jan. Kit By Rubymillerand

Go Big Blue By Rubymillerand

Happy Little Boy By Rubymillerand

Baby's 1st Spring By Rubymillerand

Baby's First Photo By Rubymillerand

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to tld_92

i did a baby album for my sister-in-law - in 8*8 format, the idea was each spread was to cover one month and one topic. the cover was of course the birth pic. then on each next spread - month #, place for pic, journalling card on one half of the spread. on the second half a topic - sleep time, head's up, play time, first foods (with places to write likes and dont' likes), out on the town, bathtime, crawling, stand up tall, little fingers-little toes (with pics of those and a hidden tag with footprint), etc etc. i wrote down the page topics and spread them by month (recalling what my kids did at that age) and it turned out very nice indeed))) At the end i made a page with strips to write down all firsts - first tooth, first smile, first step, first time had a sippy cup, first haircut, first time said mama, etc. and a first birthday pic. 13 spreads+first & last page. some ideas were stolen from the printed baby book (one of those once-a-month things) - and being a new mom, it's likely you won't have time for more than one spread a month LOL) if you plan it out and write down your ideas for pages, it would work) good luck!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to OlesyaK.

One pageI ever did was for my great-grandbaby (haven't posted it here yet). My grandson posted several excited posts out on his Facebook account, so I did a page of photos of him and the baby titled, "And daddy said...", then included copies of those posts. He was so excited I doubt he even remembers what he said that day, so this is really special.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to dwelch

Ooh, I really need to make the topic I keep thinking about asking people to share their layouts that integrate social media posts - I've done two (2 pages each) layouts using Facebook posts, and I know someone else here has posted a layout that included the Facebook comments on the picture, and now you mention yours - I've got to upload mine and make a topic to have everyone show theirs off!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics