Username Post: online photo hosting sites        (Topic#1579103)
anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

HI guys, I am looking to see what free photo hosting site you use? I am a member of photo bucket because yrs ago you needed to host your pics on it to add them to a message board but I never used it for storage. I see lots of new ones now. Are they mainly there to host only to add to FB or other social media. Like Picasa. or flickr. Or are they for storage too? Thanks

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to anda11

I use scrapbook.com and flickr as my online galleries. My pictures are usually between 3 and 10 megs each, so online storage is not a good idea for me. I prefer DVDs and an external hdd.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Crafting Marfa

thanks for flickr. I use gold cds as my storage. I do not store them on my computer. I always printed them too but I have a bunch I have not printed so I was going to store them online too till I got them done.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to anda11

I use Shutterfly. All my pics are uploaded there (and on my computer) and wait to be printed.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to Kim222

I still use photobucket but only if I need to upload to certian forums.

But I don't go to many forums anymore so haven't uploaded to there in a good while.

I don't need photobucket to post most photos here and don't need it to post photos to facebook either.

I usually put my photos on cds as a backup.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-07-12 07:58 AM
In response to Cindyckj

Online sites usually have limited space so aren't very good for actual storage since I prefer to keep my pics at their original multi-MB size. I use external hard drives for storage and back-up.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics