Username Post: Pre made        (Topic#1579141)
K Creative Stage
Veteran
K Creative Stage

Is it ok to Make pre made handmade cards? It take me for evey to make em

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to K Creative Stage

I'm not sure what you mean.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Here Kitty

do you mean make them in advance to have a "stash" to pick from when you need a card?

HECK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I have a hundred in my cabinet now,,,,,,,probably more

Resident
In response to CommaHolly

Yup if you mean for a stash.. I have like 3 of those fabric boxes for the xpidite shelving full of them... there are tons! I rarely make one when I need a card. Usually have the perfect one in my stash

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to must_love_paper

I have the opposite problem,,,,I make a bunch for stash,,,but then when I NEED one, I always want to make a "special" one just for the recipient,,,,,so the stash goes unused,,,,,and they are always too bulky for Operation Write Home,,,,,,so there they sit,,,,unused until one of my kids goes looking for a card for a teacher, or a last minute birthday

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel

Of course. I love card challenges so I have a box of pre-made cards sorted by occasion. Especially thank you cards, because I nearly always need those right now without time to make something. I still make special birthday cards for the specific person though.

The only type of card I have a problem pre-making is the sympathy card. I almost feel that having those about is asking for trouble, you know?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to RedSquirrel

I have the same problem, Rosey,,,,I hate to have those things in the house,,,,,,my mother used to call it "slapping fate in the face."

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa

Dont feel bad about making your cards in advance. The recipients will still be receiving a beautiful card made by you. I have a little stash as well. Actually, I have to make more. I dont have general cards or mothers day cards. You can always make your cards in advance for specific people in your life. Nothing wrong with being organized and planning ahead. Do you realize that clothing designers are working on this winter collection while it is still summer? Magazines start putting issues together months in advance. So follow their example and you will have less stress in your life.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa

I dont even make or send sympathy cards. I feel so weird about that. For me, thats a time when only a visit or a phone call will do.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Crafting Marfa

I defintely make cards in advance. I bought one of those over-the-door shoe holders with clear pockets and labeled each pocket with the category of stamp (male birthday; new baby; retirement; new home, etc.) and store them that way. They hang close against the back of the door, so dont take up a lot of room space, and I can grab what I want instantly. If I get too many saved up, I gather up a bunch and donate them to our Sr. Citizens group.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to dwelch

Whenever I make a layout now, I've started using the scraps to make a card. However, I just leave the space for the sentiment and don't put anything on the inside. I figure if I need a certain card for that certain someone, all I'll have to do is stamp the sentiment on, and find a verse for the inside. That will make things a lot faster than making the whole card when I'm in a hurry.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Crafting Marfa

• Crafting Marfa Said:
I dont even make or send sympathy cards. I feel so weird about that. For me, thats a time when only a visit or a phone call will do.

I know what you mean. That was how I felt until we lost my Dad. My Mum got a lot of calls and letters and cards. They were all appreciated. But now she still has the cards and little notes with other people's memories of my father, some of whom have passed away themselves, and she can read them to remind herself. Since then I always send a card, and enclose photos as well if I can.

Diva

I have some pre made just in case, but not to add sentiment until I need to use them.

punchcrazy
Tenant
punchcrazy
In response to bayamonesa1

I almost always do that. I currently have about 50 or so cards in my stash. I sort them by theme and store them in an over-the-door clear shoe organizer for easy overview.

Diva
In response to punchcrazy

Great idea for storage!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to bayamonesa1

Another idea is to just decorate card fronts - in other words, cut cardstock slightly smaller than your card, then decorate it just as if you were decorating a whole card. When you're ready to send a card, just pick the appropriate card front, glue it to the actual card and write your sentiment inside.

8cutekids2scrap
Idol
8cutekids2scrap
In response to dwelch

I love your Idea of storing your cards.thanks for sharing

Edited by 8cutekids2scrap on 11-22-12 08:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Diva
In response to 8cutekids2scrap

I lke the idea to creat the front of the cards and store them until it is needed.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics