Page 1 of 26 
Username Post: ~*~AUGUST 2012~*~ Anything Goes Challenge!!! PM totals when closed!        (Topic#1579161)
Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

AUGUST is here! Time for sign ups!

Are you ready for an exciting month of challenges that will spark your creativity and make you to step outside your comfort zone by challenging you to try variety of techniques? You may even complete that project you always wanted to finish. If so, welcome to AUGUST's Anything Goes Challenge!

As usual, we will enjoy daily challenges, weekly challenges, weekly photo challenges and a monthly challenge.

SIGN-UPS will be open until AUGUST 10th.

If you are playing for points/prizes please send me $8.00 via USPS no later than AUGUST 15th. If you don't want to pay, you can always play motivational (but you won't be eligible for the prizes).

Please mail to:
Megan A. Walker
1020 SAINT JULIEN DR
APT 111
KENNER, LA 70065-1968

Alternately you can pay via PayPal by sending money to
AnythingGoesChallenge@gma il.com
If you select this method, you will have to pay $8.55 to cover PayPal fees but that’s not that bad considering a stamp would cost you $0.45

PRIZES: Gift certificates to sb.com!

**Prize Categories**

(prize amounts will be based upon the number of players)

1. Most Points Overall: no matter what your goal was if you meet your goal and if you have the most points at the end of the month, then you are the winner in this category.

2. Most Points 10 or Fewer Layouts: If you set your goal at 10 or fewer layouts and you meet your goal BUT do not exceed 10 layouts for the month then you are eligible for this category. If you complete more than 10 LOs then that moves you to other prize categories.

3. Random Drawing of All who Complete the Monthly Challenge: Complete the monthly challenge as well as meeting your monthly LO goal and you will be entered into a random drawing for this prize!

4. Most Daily Challenges Completed: A new daily challenge will be posted everyday. If you complete the highest number of daily challenges and keep track of how many you complete in a blog on sb.com during the month, then you will be eligible for a prize in this category. If there is a tie, then there will be a drawing using random.org. Daily challenges are usually meant to be completed on a layout, a card, or an altered project. There will be few day specific challenges but generally you will be able to complete the daily challenges at your own pace and you may combine several of them on the same project. (PLEASE NOTE: To be eligible for this category, please start a blog at sb.com to list your challenges completed.)

5. Random Drawing of Everyone Who Meets Their Monthly Layout Goal: Meet your monthly layout goal and there will be a drawing done on random.org of everyone who met their goal but did not win in another category.

***** You will only be eligible for prizes having met your monthly layout goal. Each paying player may only win in ONE category.*****

Layouts are counted towards your goal in the following manner:
*8x8 or above including 6x12, 8.5x11, 12x12=1 layout (2 pagers count as 2 layouts)
*2 6x6 = 1 layout
*3 4x6 or 5x5=1 layout
*4 mini layouts (3x3, 4x4 etc.)= 1 layout
**Cards do not count toward your layout goal, but you can count points for them.**
*Altered items and other projects can be counted as "layouts" based on the amount of work you put into them. If you aren't sure how many layouts a project is “worth”, just ask!

**A note for people who'd like to play for prizes, but not keep track of points; as long as you link/post your layouts to the thread, you can still be eligible for categories 3, 4, and 5 of prizes!**

WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PLEASE POST YOUR LAYOUT GOAL FOR THE MONTH! YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR GOAL ANYTIME BEFORE SIGN-UPS CLOSE on the 10th of the month!

Important Rules:
~Only pages that are NEWLY completed and uploaded on or after AUGUST 1st count towards your total points and layouts.
~This challenge ends on AUGUST 31, 2012 at 11:59 PM PST. All LOs, cards, pics, or other projects to be counted for points or towards your LO goal must be uploaded to your gallery AND linked to this thread with your point details.
~All weekly challenge pics, LOs/projects, etc. AND POINT DETAILS must be posted to the thread by the deadline for weekly challenges which is Sunday 11:59 PM PST. (That is the Sunday of the week the challenges were posted for. Full weeks run from MONDAY (Day 1) to SUNDAY (Day 7).
~Most daily challenges do NOT have to be complete the day the challenge is posted, unless the challenge says it is for that day only. However, you get +10 bonus points for completing a daily challenge the day it was posted.
~To take the bonus +10 pts for completing a daily challenge the day it was posted you must have the daily complete, uploaded to your gallery, and posted to the thread WITH POINTS DETAILS by 11:59 PM PST that day.
~When you post your cards, LOs, or altered projects please post all points details including any daily, weekly, or monthly challenges you are counting them for on this thread. Please try not to post projects then come back later to post the points details. If you do not post points details by a deadline for special points, you cannot take special points even if the project was completed in time. Special points are points such as points for a weekly challenge or the points for completing a daily challenge the same day it is posted, bonus points offered for another reason.

Note on embedding:

ALLOWING PUBLIC EMBEDDING:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Edit Image' tab under the layout.
3. Scroll down to the bottom left side.
4. Check the box that says, ‘Allow Public Embedding’.

LINKING LAYOUTS TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Link/Embed Image' link in the 'Share & Link' box to the left of the layout.
3. Click on 'IMG code' button.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...] into the forum thread.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

PLAYERS

paid=

Megan Ann 1/2 2183 pts 5 DCs
njr007 8/8 GOAL MET!!! 12313 pts 25 DCs
amancuso 0/10
dkscrapper 44/15 GOAL MET!!! 25847 pts 17 DCs
Quay 25/25 GOAL MET!!! 29761 pts
jadebrit 0/10
*señora_x 18/10 GOAL MET!!! 10064 pts 10 DCs

*=completed monthly challenge!

MOTIVATIONAL

YourScrapAttack
laurink 0/10
Faithscrapper 0/20
justLyn 0/6
jaspernonyx 
Teresakay 0/25

Edited by Megan Ann on 10-01-12 04:57 PM. Reason for edit: adding totals! announcing winners!

AnythingGoesChallenge
Resident
AnythingGoesChallenge
In response to Megan Ann

~*~DAILY CHALLENGES~*~

BONUS POINTS: YOU MAY TAKE +10 pts for completing the daily challenge by 11:59 pm (PST) on the same day/date that it was posted for! (SO the 9/2 challenge needs to be completed by 11:59 pm on 9/2 to take the +10 bonus points.)

08/01: Set up your signature line and 2 blogs (daily challenges blog AND monthly goals blog) for +150 pts!

08/02: Use a photo taken in the last 4 weeks for 150pts!

08/03: Include a piece of memorabilia (a used ticket stub, a plane ticket, a brochure) that has to do directly with the event you're scrapping. +150pts

08/04: Take 50pts for every photo you use on your LO (or other project) that is smaller than 4x6! Let's get some multiple pics on those pages today! Max of 300pts available.

08/05: Apart from one piece as background paper, use ONLY paper scraps from other projects - and the scraps cannot be larger than 3x3"! Stitch them together, make a collage of scraps, but you those scraps to really make your page special! +150pts

8/6: since today was Westin's first day of "preschool" make a school theme LO for +150 card for +75 pts

8/7: make a LO using lyrics from Maroon 5! here is a list of their songs http://www.azlyrics.com/m/maroon5.html. for +150 pts

8/8: since today is 8/8, use 8 of something on your LO. 8 buttons, 8 brads, 8 alpha's, 8 pp's, 8 flowers, etc for +150 pts

8/9: use this sketch here for 150 pts. Use 50% or more of negative space for and extra 100 pts.

8/10 change your avatar for 150 pts

8/11: today I woke up to a very loud thunderstorm so today’s challenge if you choose to except it is to use some clouds on your LO. +150 pts

8/12: in honor of me and Westin going to the zoo use any animal on your LO. It can be a pic of an animal, animal on pp or animal embellie. for +150 pts

8/13: Use a picture you took for an AGC weekly photo challenge on a project for +150 pts! (It can be from this month or any previous month, but please ID the picture, the month the photo challenge was from, and what the photo challenge was when you post to the thread. For example, if I used last week's pic of "face" I would say something like: the large 5x7 pic of Aslan's face on the left of the LO is from August's challenge to take a pic for the word "face.")

8/14: Make a greeting card for someone just to say hello, happy birthday, I am sorry, etc. Address it and mail it immediately after doing the following! Share a picture of the envelope with a stamp and (at least) the first name of the person you are sending it to if you do not want to share their full name! (Suggestion: take picture before adding addresses, so you don’t publish the addresses to the internet!) +150 pts for making and sharing the card and the envelope picture

8/15: Make a layout with NO picture(s) on it for +300 pts! (Take the +10 pts for finishing the same day whenever you finish this to compensate for my lateness!)

8/16: Use a fruit on your project! +150 pts

8/17: Add 5 or more items to your sb.com wish list for +125 pts!

8/18: Go to pinterest.com and find some inspiration (for example: a tutorial, a sketch, a color combo, etc.) and use the inspiration in a project you create. Then share the link to your inspiration and how you used it when you post the project to the thread for +150 pts!

8/19: Use a clock, watch, pocket watch, or other timepiece on your project for +150 pts!

8/20: Use a dictionary definition on your LO today, it can be ripped out of a real dictionary, printed off your computer, hand-journaled, whatever! +150pts

8/21: Make your journaling just individual words today, for example if you make a LO about your daughter's 5th birthday, maybe the journaling just reads 'love. fun. five. birthdays.' If your page is about your new favourite shoes maybe it says 'pink. fun. happiness.' - Get creative and find those few little words that really tell the story. +150pts

8/22: Today use something really old on your layout! I've been doing lots of random projects using pages from a book from the 1950s, which has been super fun! So today, use something from before the year 1970 on your LO or project! Here are some ideas: an old button, a picture of your parents when they were young (I have a cute picture of my mum from 1952), a page from an old book, a scrap of fabric from a super old something. It's a tough one but give it a go for 300pts! Pictures of old things don't count, some element of your page has to be older than 1970!

8/23: Today make sure you're on your layout! Use a photo that you're in for 100pts!

8/24: Use at least two rub-ons today! I don't know about you guys, but I have a ton of rub-ons and somehow I've totally stopped using them! Time to bust them out. Take 100pts if you use two rub-ons and 150pts if you use 3!

8/25: Lift a layout from a source other than sb.com - Pinterest, google image search - wherever! Just post a link to the original LO and your LO of course! +150pts

8/26: Use green as a feature colour on your layout! So this means it needs to be very prominent, although you can use other colours as well. In addition, try to choose a green that's related to "Summer", so something bring like grass green or like watermelon green or something! +150pts

8/27 daily: Decorate a tag for 75 points. Use the tag on a LO or card for an additional 75 points.

8/28 daily: Post a quote to this thread for 75 points.
Use the quote in a LO, card or project for an additional 75 points

8/29 daily: use a stamp on your project for 100 points

8/30 Today is Frankenstein Day-make a Halloween card for 100 points or a LO for 250 points

8/31 daily Last day of the month and the end of challenge. Give yourself a pat on the back and 75 points for playing this month, take an additional 75 points if you made your layout goal

Edited by AnythingGoesChallenge on 08-31-12 05:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

AnythingGoesChallenge
Resident
AnythingGoesChallenge
In response to AnythingGoesChallenge

~*~Weekly Challenge and Photo Challenge~*~
These challenges MUST be posted WITH POINTS DETAILS by 11:59 PM PST Sunday to take points for the weekly challenges.

RULE: If you take a pic of your computer screen because you do not have the item asked for in the weekly photo challenge you will only get half points for the picture of your computer screen. So if the challenge was originally worth 100 pts, you would get 50 pts; worth 50 pts, you would get 25 pts; etc.

WEEK 1: AUGUST 1-5, 2012
Scrapping Challenge

Create a page with the title "I Love it When..." (Ex: I love it when you smile, I love it when it rains, I love it when it's Summer, etc). +300pts

Photo Challenge

Each photo is worth 50pts up to a total max of 250pts.

1. Goals
2. Hard
3. Adventure
4. Effort
5. Success

WEEK 2: AUGUST 6-12, 2012
Scrapping Challenge

I find myself using just one collection and embellies on a LO. It is easier to find coordinating papers and embellies. So as a challenge make a LO using at least 3 different paper collections. You can also use different embellies but your paper has to come from at least 3 different collections.
points value to be posted by Jade!

Photo Challenge

school pic
outfit
shoes
face
family pic
+50 each for total of 250 pts

WEEK 3: AUGUST 13-19, 2012
Scrapping Challenge

I have been getting a bit sloppy when it comes to my scrappy space. A small problem because my scrapping things have taken over the dining room table! I also need to start getting my scraproom in order, so the weekly will be an organizing challenge! There are 3 parts to this week's challenge. Take before and after pics for part 1 and pictures to document part 2 and use for part 3.

1. Clean up/straighten your scrappy space. Put things away where they belong rather than just putting them to the side. Take the time to do the extras: wipe down your table, take out the trash, vacuum or sweep/swiffer, etc. If you do this part and share before & after pics (but do not do the entire weekly challenge) take +50 pts.

2. Find an organizing project you want to complete and do it! For example, last year I wanted to organize all of my ribbon scraps, so I sorted them by color and hung the scraps from hangers which I then hung on hooks on the back of a closet door. Pic here:
Rainbow of Ribbon By Megan Ann

This time I got the idea to make a swatch book for all the colors of glimmer mist I own! I have soooo many and I only use certain colors regularly because I do not remember that I have the other colors! Plus, I store my bottles in drawers, so I cannot see the labels with the colors on them, so I also want to add a sample circle with the color misted on it to the cap of the bottle, so when I open the drawer I can easily see which colors are which and do not have to pull out every bottle and look at the label until I find the one I want. Decide what organizational project you want to attempt and do it (take pics documenting the project to share on the thread--at least one in progress pic and a pic of the finished product) for +75 points.

3. Make an organizational tutorial for the project you did! Post the tutorial to your blog (on sb.com or other blog). The tutorial must explain how to replicate the organizational project you completed with pictures, video, or words. I suggest taking pics or video as you are working on the project and taking notes of the steps as you complete them, as well as making note of any tips you have for the readers of your tutorial to make the project easier or tips for what you would do differently if you did the project again. When you post your tutorial to your blog and share the link here take +75 pts. (***You can also take the regular +50 points from the points list for making a tutorial and sharing it.***)

If you complete ALL 3 parts of the challenge: clean your scrap space, do an organizing project in your scrap space, and make a tutorial for the organizing project you did take +200 points for completing the weekly challenge! MAX points available=400 pts

(If you complete one or two parts of the weekly challenge, but not all three you can take the points for the part(s) of the challenge you completed only!)

Here is a link to the February 2012 Scraproom Makeover Challenge which has a TON of ideas for organizing projects!

Photo Challenge

theme: "where I live"

Let's get out and about in our town this week and take some pictures!! I've been wanting to take pictures in my new town since I moved here to do a LO about my new town, so I hope this inspires me to do just that...AND you too!

**each picture is worth +40 pts (+200 pts for the 5 pics listed below) BUT if YOU are in one of the pictures listed below take +50 pts extra for that picture for a max of +250 pts if you do all 5 pics and at east 1 of the 5 pics includes yourself!

1. your street sign OR a street sign in your neighborhood (if you are worried about people knowing your exact street name)
2. a popular local hangout
3. a local park or playground
4. a "famous" or "infamous" place in your city/town/county/parish (i.e. a monument, a building, the scene of a crime--it does not have to be famous/infamous nationally--just as long as it holds that status where you live)
5. the name of your city/town on a sign (some examples: a highway sign with the distance to your town usually has the name, the exit off the highway for your town, the "welcome to __________" sign, the "________ city limit" sign, or a store sign with the name of your city/town in its name, etc.)

WEEK 4: AUGUST 20-26, 2012
Scrapping Challenge

We're going to do a scrap circle of sorts, it's time to do a lift from a friend's gallery! From the plyers in the AGC August group, head to a gallery and scraplift a layout. It can be anyone, so take a peek when you're leaving some love and see if they have something that inspires you! Post your LO and the original LO you lifted for 400pts.

Here's the player list!

Megan Ann
njr007
amancuso
dkscrapper
Quay
jadebrit
señora_x
YourScrapAttack
laurink
Faithscrapper
justLyn
jaspernonyx
Teresakay

Photo Challenge

50pts per photo for a max of 250pts.

1. explore
2. found
3. lost
4. my path / my way
5. this week in one photo

WEEK 5: AUGUST 27-31, 2012
Scrapping Challenge
Sometimes less has more impact. Make a negative space LO for 300 points. If you scrap about yourself add 100 points

Photo Challenge
Take 5 TOTALLY RANDOM photos and let us know why you felt compelled to take the photo. 50 points each

Edited by AnythingGoesChallenge on 08-27-12 05:52 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

AnythingGoesChallenge
Resident
AnythingGoesChallenge

MONTHLY CHALLENGE

August’s Monthly Challenge

MAKE A “JUNK JOURNAL”

junk journal-(a) a journal you can fill with various things that might be considered useless or trash or not worthy of putting in a journal; (b) a journal made from various things that are considered useless or trash or not worthy of putting in a journal.

This month we are going to use the second definition (b) of a junk journal (also sometimes spelled junque journal) for the monthly challenge. You are going to find some junk and make it into a journal. You can use many different things and there will be some suggestions to get you started below, but DO NOT let the suggestions hinder your imagination! USE ANYTHING YOU WANT TO USE! This type of junk journal is more along the lines of an album. You do not have to fill it up now or as you are making it (though you are welcome to do so) but you have to have it ready to use as an actual journal/album/scrapbook/m ini-album by the end of the month.

Making the junk journal (front/back covers, pages, binding): You can go completely freestyle and just start putting junk together and decide to use a binding method that is expandable or flexible or ‘reusable’ (I can’t think of the right word--but I am thinking of something like binder rings that can be opened and closed as many times as you want so pages can be added as you progress). One thing that can be used with this method, to create the “core” to start your junk journal is a mini-album OR leftover mini-album pages! I sometimes make a mini that comes with 8 pages, or 10 pages, but I only use 5 or 7. I cannot throw those good pages away so I have them saved up and I think this might be the perfect chance to use them! I have some acrylic, some chipboard, and some fabric, I think it would work great with the spirit of the junk journal. That way you would have a few pages you could just decorate (or leave blank) instead of build from scratch.
Another option is to be a bit more organized and plan out how you are going to make your journal, make the pages and covers, then decide on the binding, and bind it together when you are finished making all the pages and covers. This method can use a more permanent binding method like the Cinch (for wire binding) or stitched binding because you will be “finished” assembling the actual junk journal before you bind it. You can also use the idea of making the book’s skeleton out of old mini-album pieces if you go this route!

THINGS YOUR JUNK JOURNAL MUST INCLUDE TO BE CONSIDERED COMPLETE FOR AUGUST’S MONTHLY CHALLENGE:
1. a front and back cover (this is really subjective b/c you can make anything a “cover” but I suggest using a more sturdy material to protect your inside pages from too much damage in the future)
2. a binding (some way to keep the covers and pages all together)
3. 20 pages approximately 3”x3” OR larger--if you want to add smaller pages, that is cool and encouraged, but they will not count toward your 20 required pages. (A page counts as ONE side of a sheet of paper: the front OR the back--front is page 1, flip sheet over, back is page 2. I cannot come up with the right words at this moment to explain further, but if you do not understand what would be considered a page, please just ask and I will post a picture or someone else can hopefully explain more clearly!)
4. embellishment (using at least 2 techniques or products--the base paper is not counted as a product, but if you fold it into an envelope, for example, that technique would count as one of your 2 required embellishments) on each page so that it is not just a plain piece of paper (If you need a list of techniques/products that would be considered an “embellishment” for your junk journal I can come up with a list.) :-)
5. at least 8 of your pages must be “pocket pages,” which, for this project, are defined as pages into which something can be put to be stored. This may be like the K & Co. Smashbook pockets. OR it can be an envelope. Or it can 2 pieces of paper glued together on 3 out of 4 edges so something can be slipped inside. OR it can be a page protector. Whatever you want to use. The pocket pages do not need to have a minimum number of embellishment techniques/products. Making the pocket page is considered the 2 embellishment techniques for the page. (If you have one pocket on the front page of a sheet and one pocket on the back page of a sheet, that counts as 2 pocket pages. If you have a single envelope used to create 2 pages (a front and back) ONLY the side that has the opening for the envelope counts as a pocket page. If you have a pocket that is in between the front page and back page OR something like a page protector, it only counts as ONE pocket page. If you have multiple pockets on one page, it only counts as ONE (1) pocket page.
6. 4 of the 8 pocket pages must have a pre-made ‘something’ inside the pocket that you can attach things to or write on or leave blank, such as a tag, or a piece of paper, or a note card, or a photograph, or another pocket, whatever you want, but it must be able to be put into the pocket and removed from the pocket. It can’t be attached to the pocket or the page in any way.
=your very own junk journal! a book with a front cover, 28 pages each of which are embellished using products or techniques (x 2) or have a pocket, a back cover, and it is all bound together using your chosen binding method--ready to use as a journal or album or whatever you want to use it as!

Things you can use to make a junk journal:
******ANYTHING YOU WANT!!****** but here are some ideas if you get stuck:
-scrapbook "junk" such as: scraps of paper, leftover product packaging, or leftover embellishments/tags/journ aling cards/chipboard pieces/etc!
-envelopes, used or new to put things in! (manilla, letter, card envelopes...I like used card envelopes because they come in a multitude of colors, they have been addressed, they have been postmarked, they have a stamp, etc. They have history as well as functionality!
-pictures
-pages of books (printed books, notebooks, phone books, dictionary/thesaurus, etc.)
-ledgers, graph paper, day-planner pages
-library cards & library card pockets
-greeting cards (just the front or back or the entire card) or postcards
-tags
-index cards
-maps
-paper grocery/lunch bags
-flashcards (like math flashcards or alphabet flashcards)
-magazines
-heavy weight copy paper
-folders
-lined paper for journaling/making lists
-dividers (like the ones made for 3 ring binders)
-cardboard (from boxes--cereal boxes, pasta boxes, USPS [USED] priority mail boxes OR corrugated cardboard boxes)
-metal (make sure no sharp edges!)
-fabric (old pair of jeans, old t-shirt, old blanket) added to a piece of cardboard to make it more sturdy, if desired
-doilies
-old plastic placemats
-sewing patterns (I recommend adding to something to make the pattern sturdier, such as a piece of cardstock, OR folding a large sewing pattern and mod podging between the folds or using quite a lot of sheets of the sewing pattern mod podged together to create one sturdier sheet.)
-old gift cards/store discount cards
-covers of hard covered books

***If you would like me to continue to add to this list as the month goes on, let me know, then post your ideas to the thread with a note for me to add them to the “things you can use to make a junk journal” list, so that your ideas can inspire the other players (and me)!***

Here are some examples to help inspire you:
(Yes, I know they are all from one blog, but the women on this blog are creating “junk journals” exactly like the type of junk journal I want you gals to make this month!)

Junk Journal for a Birthday Present

A Kitchen-Themed Junk Journal

A Junk Journal Style Organizer

A "Found Paper" Junk Journal

Junk Journal Made by A Different Person!

Jeans Pocket Album Example suggested by Julie!

Recycled Mini Album Tutorial suggested by Julie!!!

The blog I found the examples on also has a ton of tips on making mini-albums using found things and paper! So browse around and see if you find any ideas you think you can use to make YOUR junk journal! Of course, if you have any questions, ask me!

Cheers!
Megan Ann

Oh, and I almost forgot...the points! If you complete all of the requirements listed above and post pics of each page of your junk journal to this thread as well as pics of the covers, take +1350 pts!

BONUS POINTS
-take +75 points for every 4 additional pages you have in your junk journal up to 16 additional pages or +300 bonus points!
-take +70 pts for every 2 additional pocket pages you add to your junk journal up to 10 additional pocket pages or +350 pts!

MAX TOTAL POINTS FOR AUGUST MONTHLY=2000 pts!

Happy junk hunting ;)

Edited by AnythingGoesChallenge on 08-09-12 11:49 PM. Reason for edit: adding more examples!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

AUGUST POINTS LIST

BONUS POINTS!!!!

Take +300 bonus points if you pay by AUGUST 5th,
take +200 points if you pay by AUGUST 10th,
take +100 pts if you pay by AUGUST 15th, the deadline!

1 POINT ITEMS
- PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
- PER photo corner, button, staple, brad, paper clip, jewel, pearl, or metal item.
- PER sticker used (flat or 3D, NOT alphas in title)
- PER hand stitch

5 POINTS PER EACH ITEM USED ON A PROJECT
(example: if you use three different pattern papers take 15 points)
- PER cardstock/pattern paper used
- PER scripture, recipe, quote or poem (includes song lyrics)
- PER type/kind of ribbon, trim, twine, fiber or embroidery floss/thread used
- PER rub on shape or word (border, frame, flower,“love” etc. NOT individual letters or numbers)
- PER stamped image or word on your project
- PER regular office supply used (one you would buy in Staples or Office Depot, not Michael’s!)
- PER color of glitter mist, paint, or ink used
- PER non-scrapbooking paper used
- PER language used on your LO (all english=5 pts, english + french=10 pts, french + german=10 pts)
- PER embossed image/word (wet embossing) OR embossed texture/pattern (dry embossing)
- PER card or swap item made (full points for first, 10 pts for each identical one)
- PER layout 6x6 or smaller (MUST have a link in this forum)

5 POINTS FOR USING THESE ITEMS/TECHNIQUES ON A PROJECT
(only take 5 points once for each item you use, no matter how many times you use it)
- for using glossy accents or crackle accents or other epoxy/enamel accents
- for using bling (glittered paper, foil, metallic ink, glitter glue, jewel, pearl, etc.)
- for using Stickles, glitter glue, or loose glitter
- for using masking tape or paper tape (washi tape)
- for using a hand-cut embellie (that you cut out w/ scissors)
- for using foam, flocked, felt, fabric, foil, velvet, or vinyl
- for using a punch
- for using patterned paper as your background
- for having a journaling block OR journaling strips
- for using any metal item
- for creating a LO for another challenge on sb.com or on another blog/website (MUST tell what challenge it is for AND if it is not an sb.com challenge you MUST post the website link to the challenge!)

10 POINT ITEMS:
- PER 8x8 or larger (6x12, 8.5x11, 12x12) layout (MUST have a link in this forum)
- PER transparency, acrylic shape, overlay, or any CLEAR item used on your project
- PER mask you do on your project
- PER HANDMADE (by YOU) flower on your project
- PER item used that is over 2 years old! (Includes the picture(s) if PRINTED over 2 years, not just taken over 2 years ago!) USE UP THOSE OLD SUPPLIES!!!
- for stitching a border around the outside perimeter of your layout (LOs ONLY)
- for doodling on your page
- for coloring in a stamped/doodled/printed image with 3+ colors
- for including an animal on your project
- for using NUMBERS on your project (a date, a numbered list, an address, etc.)
- for using a color palette from a site such as The Color Room OR www.design-seeds.com (you MUST share the link to the color palette you used to take points!)
- for paper rolling
- for making your LO a shape that is not a square or a rectangle (ex. heart or circle)
- for using memorabilia besides pictures
- for journaling in a shape, not a paragraph (ex. journal around your photo or around the cardstock)
- for using one or more of the following themes: life’s challenges, favorite things, goals, family history/ancestry
- for having hidden pics or journaling—to take these points, you must include a close up of the hidden items in your gallery and link to this thread (journaling that is just written on the back of the LO does not count as hidden)
- take + 10 pts for scraplifting a project or using a sketch OR take +20 pts for scraplifting a project made by anyone on the PLAYERS LIST for March 2012 for the Anything Goes Challenge (this list is on the 1st page)--(You must link the original page/sketch too, always possible even if it is just the link-that starts with http://-- You cannot take points without the link.)

20 POINT ITEMS:
- for using your OWN design that is NOT based on someone else’s design or sketch to create an altered project or layout (take ONLY +10 pts if it is a card or swap item you designed yourself)
- PER layout with no pictures
- PER layout (not card or altered project) with at least 60% negative space
- PER altered item created
- for REPURPOSING or RECYCLING product packaging to use on your project
- for creating a word cloud to use as your title or journaling (here is a site that does it for you: www.wordle.net or you can create your own in a similar style using alpha/word stamps, stickers, your own handwriting, etc.)

50 POINTS (yes, you read that correctly!):
- for creating your own SKETCH (you DO NOT need to create a LO with it), posting it in your gallery and linking it to this thread
- for creating a written OR photo OR video tutorial for scrapbooking/crafting and posting it on your blog (sb.com blog or other, like blogspot or typepad) and sharing the link on this thread

PICTURE POINTS ON YOUR LAYOUTS/PROJECTS/CARDS

5 POINTS:
- PER picture (4 pics = 20 pts.)
- PER person or animal in each pic
- PER picture over 2 years old OR +10 pts PER pic over 5 years old
- PER picture taken during July 2012 or later
- PER picture that is NOT a square or rectangle
- for rounding the corners of your picture (with a punch or with scissors)

10 POINTS:
- PER picture that YOU are in
- PER picture with NO people or animals in it
- PER photo larger than 4x6 OR 3x3 (2x3, 2x2, etc.) or smaller
- for single page LO w/ 3+ pics OR double page LO w/ 7+ pics
- for having the title, an embellishment, or journaling on or overlapping the picture
- for using a digi effect on a picture (B&W, colored, cartoon, etc.)
- for distressing the edges of your PHOTO

JOURNALING POINTS

- 1 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies) up to 400 points
- 25 points for every 50 words over 400 (E.g. Total of 500 words would equal 450 points)
- 10 points for using handwritten journaling on your page (or 20 pts for 50+ words or 50 points for 100+ words)

ADDITIONAL POINTS

2 POINTS:
- PER comment you post in a gallery/blog/my place
- PER new photo taken by you, posted to your sb.com gallery, and linked to this thread
- PER quote posted that you find inspirational, encouraging, or just plain funny (give credit to author if possible!)

5 POINTS:
- PER new BLOG entry (NO POINTS FOR UPDATING A BLOG) (MUST have a link to this forum)
-PER new tutorial reviewed and shared with us on this thread (Say a few words about the tutorial, does not have to be an in-depth review--let us know if it is unique, easy to follow, very complicated, explained poorly, needs pictures, etc--and it must not have been shared by another person during this month! MAX: you can share 2 tutorials per day for points!)
- For cleaning up your scrap area after you completed the posted layout
- For updating your siggy-points & layouts info IMMEDIATELY after posting points (Max. 5 times per day!)

10 POINTS:
- PER product reviewed in the Scrapbook.com Superstore (You MUST share the link to the review on this thread!)
- for doing a THOROUGH cleaning of your scrap area when it is messy! YOU MUST POST A BEFORE AND AFTER pic to take the points! (MAX # of times you can take these points per month: 10)
- for completing a goal on you list of “Goals For the Month of August” list made during the month (MAX # of goals you can take points for per month: 15!)

Edited by Megan Ann on 08-04-12 04:57 PM. Reason for edit: points list added!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

Challenge Volunteers!

These are the new rules for people who want to volunteer to do a week of challenges.
1.The weekly challenge cannot be worth more than 400 pts.

2.The daily challenges can only be worth 150 pts with one exception per week up to 300 pts. So 6 days of 150 points or less and one challenge up to 300 points.

3.The daily challenges should generally be something that can be incorporated into ANY LO. Not a challenge that you must make a LO for that you wouldn't have made otherwise. But it CAN require you to make a whole LO for one challenge per week.

4.Picture challenges can only be worth up to 250 pts total added up for all pictures. There should not be more than 6 pictures for the weekly photo challenge.

5. You SHOULD post the challenge by 10 AM EST (which is 7AM PST) OR post the challenge the night before, preferably after 9PM your time.

6. Please update the 1st page with your challenges at least one time by the Tuesday of your week, at least once by the Friday of your week, and at least once on Sunday of your week after you post the last daily challenge for your week! So you need to update the 1st page using the AnythingGoesChallenge login (you will be pm'd the login information before your week as hostess) a minimum of 3 times if you host an entire week of challenges. The first time you update, on Monday or Tuesday of your week, please post BOTH your weekly challenges and your daily challenges under the correct post (either the Daily Challenges post of the Weekly Challenges post on the 1st page of the thread).

****Weeks will run from Monday to Sunday!****
AUGUST 2012

1 Megan Ann
2-5 laurink
6-12 jadebrit
13-19 Megan Ann
20-26 laurink
27-31 njr007

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

I paid the PayPal account

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack
In response to Megan Ann

id like a spot for volunteer please. july was horrid for me. i had surgery and i couldnt get anything added for points. i got projects done but couldnt find time to add them up.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to YourScrapAttack

Happy Birthday Rhonda! So sorry to hear you had to have surgery I hope your recovery is going smoothly!

Did you mean you want a spot in motivational? Or did you want to sign up and volunteer to host challenges?

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to Megan Ann

I'm in for motivational. I'm having computer trouble, if ds2 gets it fixed tomorrow I'll switch.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 07-30-12 06:01 PM
In response to Faithscrapper

I'm in for 25 LO's and I'm in for the big one...PAID! (I'll get that on the 1st)

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to Quay

oh snap Quay. 25 LO's eh? I sadly might be doing only 10 LO's this month. I will be back tmw evening to say for sure

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to jadebrit

I am in again for points I am going to try for 25 layouts since I did more than that this month.

Edited by Teresakay on 07-31-12 02:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to Teresakay

Yay put me down for 10 LOs again. As always Motivational....but this month I really really want to keep track of points again, I've been so busy and I've let it alll fall by the wayside! If you need a hostess for a week of challenges, I'm up for it! Thanks Megan!

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to laurink

Also here's the August link for my One Month At A Time Challenge if anyone wants to join!

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15791...

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 07-31-12 04:27 AM
In response to jadebrit

• jadebrit Said:
oh snap Quay. 25 LO's eh? I sadly might be doing only 10 LO's this month. I will be back tmw evening to say for sure

Ok... if that's to many, then that's ok..I understand your much busier than I am, being an old lady and all... hehehe And Westin needs his Mommy when he needs her. So it's cool in what ever you decide!!

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to Quay

July was a totally lost cause, but I'm hoping August will be better. Put me down for 6 LO, motivational.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 07-31-12 11:49 AM
In response to justLyn

• justLyn Said:
July was a totally lost cause, but I'm hoping August will be better. Put me down for 6 LO, motivational.

HI their Lynda!!!

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to Quay

Hi, Quay!

Page 1 of 26 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics