Page 1 of 19 
Username Post: Augusts New Layouts        (Topic#1579187)
Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Welcome to the August edition of New Layouts. Thanks to Stacey for hosting July!

This thread is for sharing love on new layouts. If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO challenges and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say!

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.
So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread: 1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread. 2. Scroll down to where it says "Share everywhere" 3. Click the Link/Embed Tab 4. Click on the "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little green dot is in front of that phrase now. 5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "large". 6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below: 7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses:

September...Donna
October...Cheryl
November...Cathe
December ...

***Birthday List***

If you'd like to be included here send a message to the current month's hostess-we'd be happy to add you!

Donna January 12
Cheryl January 13
Denise February 13
Mandi February 17
Ashley March 1
Cathe March 18
Jeannie April 3
Katy May 1
Mel July 27
Terry August 5
Tish August 9
Stacey August 10
Jojo August 25
Ali November 3
Anna December 24

And now for those of us that want a monthly sketch, I found this one at Pagemaps under October 2010. Have fun!
Pagemap Sketch Oct 2010 By Abby0317

Edited by Abby0317 on 08-01-12 07:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Abby0317

Also, since Mandi requested someone step in for her for Sept hostess I am asking if we can have any volunteers for that or any other of the remaining months.
Thanks...T.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Abby0317

Good morning!

Thanks for hosting July Stacey and thanks Terry for taking care of (OMG) August. Where is the time going???? There are only 146 shopping days left until Christmas. Just putting that out there

I'll take September

I wish I lived closer to the beach-we're about an hour away. I'd definitley go more if I were closer

DOO..I had made this for the July Cricut Challenge. Had SUCH a hard time with my mojo in July

Tattoos HURT By DittoBabyGirl

Have an awesome Tuesday!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Stacey - Thanks for hosting July!!

Terry - Thanks for hosting August. Since Donna volunteered for September, I will take October. I LOVE the sketch you picked for us. Can't wait to use it.

Donna - I guess if I was an hour away from the beach I wouldn't spend ALL my time there.

I can't believe it is August already!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning! I'm here!

Thanks for hosting July Stacey and Terry for August.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Good Morning!!
Thanks Donna & Cheryl, I'll add your names in a sec.
I love pagemaps too...there's so much to choose from and just in case anyone doesn't know, if you go to their website and click on the archives then Oct 2010, you can see an example of the sketch done up.I'm hoping to be able to get one done too!!!
How are you feeling today Anna?

The saga continues with FIL--or should I say drama? DH talked to his sister yesterday and needless to say she was shocked & furious. All this "supposedly affair" is nothing but hurtful and she agrees. Apparently last week FIL was at her house and told her --again out of the blue--that only the oldest son was worth anything and that sil & dh were totally worthless. Poor sil just got up and left the room. Isn't this man just a f??king shining example of what you don't want to become????? I've seen DH cry 3 times in 39 yr--his fav uncle died, I was told about the cancer, and last night when he just couldn't answer the "why" question.

I thank you all for letting me vent & rant because it would eat me up!

Have a really good --hopefully beautiful--Tuesday

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Terry - that is what we are here for as well as scrapping. Sometimes it is easier to vent with your "online friends" than real friends. We don't judge we just listen. So sorry your dh is growing through this!!

I am staying with my grandmother this morning while my mom has her other eye surgery today. My parents should be back around 1. Priscilla and I are going to go get her car and grab some lunch while we are out.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

I think Cheryl has summed things up very well.....we are friends, we don't judge, we just listen.

Hugs Terry! I am so sorry your DH is dealing with this. What happened to his father to make him so mean and bitter, if you don't mind me asking? Is just seems so odd after all of these years that he would dump this on your DH.

I did go back to the doctor yesterday. Two more antibiotics and a steroid shot. I can tell a big difference today. Doctor said I did not have whooping cough. However, he does feel that I have Laryngopharyngeal reflux (EERD). I read up on it and while I don't have asthma, I certainly have a lot of the other symptoms especially the coughing. If the new meds do not provide substantial relief within a few days, then he is going to order some tests but he feels like I should see a huge improvement. Thanks for the well wishes. Cheryl, if you can add anything about EERD, please feel free to do so.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Anna C

Hi, everyone!

Happy August!

Terry: I agree that the only purpose to waht your FIL said was to hurt your husband. I can't believe he said that! Yeah, vent away: we will listen and understand.

Cheryl: Hope you have fun with your grandma!

Anna: Really hope you see the huge improvement that your doctor thinks you will see!

Not much going on with me. I have an appointment tomorrow with the volunteer coordinator at a nursing home. Even though I won't get to volunteer as a CNA, there is a volunteer position that would be good for me. I would spend time with residents, run Bingo games, etc. It will be something I can sell: many apps ask people waht experience they have working with the elderly population. They are looking for something more than job experience. It would be nice to have something to put there. And, since I don't have a job, why not volunteer?

DOO:
Portraits of Love By Jaspernonyx

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to jaspernonyx

ACU2H

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cdjohnson

Hello August thread and thanks to all our hostesses with the most..eses.

chime in if you got that.

What a nasty old guy, Terry....some folks just want to bring every one down...misery loves company. Hope he makes peace before it is too late.

The store Roni is going to work at starts training tomorrow. The store is being re-outfitted and so training needs to be held elsewhere and they couldn't find a hotel or some place nearby to hold the training (2 weeks) so she has to go to Emeryville for at least a week, which is about a half hour away which wouldn't be too bad except she is just getting used to driving on the freeway and this will take her right through one of the worst interchanges in the bay area...in order to get home she will have to cross 5 lanes of rush hour traffic and if she doesn't get over she will end up in San Francisco. VIcki and I are taking her tomorrow so she can see how to get there and we are gonna hang around in Berkeley (Scrapbook Territory!!!yay (I'm sure Vicki will have me out of there in no time flat) and breakfast at Betty's which was featured on that tv show Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and then we will go to IKEA and then if there is time Fishermans Wharf in SF...and then back to pick up Miss Roni at 4:30. Next day I am going with Roni while she drives there and then I will go pick her up and let her drive back...hopefully she will make a friend to share the driving....Needless to say I am 10 times more worried than Roni. She has never driven on the freeway in rush hour traffic and she has no experience changing lanes on a busy freeway...this will be trial by fire.
Well that was long.

Good luck Kim

Hope this new round of meds works finally Anna.

I'm an hour or so away from the beach but seldom go even though I love the ocean....just sitting there watching the waves break and listening to it is wonderful and relaxing...but I HATE sand in my toes and shoes and clothes and car.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Jeannie - I would be so worried about that drive too!! I LOVE sand between my toes and all the sounds that go with the ocean.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

ME too--Love the beach but unlike most people I like it when its stormy. Of course up here there aren't many warm beach days!! When I was 19 & lived in Kauai the beach was a whole different fun place to hang out. Great memories!!

Hope the volunteer work helps Kim. It sounds like what everyone goes thru at first. Need a job, all they want is experience, so where to start. Good luck tho!

Thanks for everything everyone. I truly think he's mad at the world and is hating his life alone so we are all going to end up being slammed somehow. He's always been a nasty old fart, never showed loved to anyone except his wife, and he couldn't tell you the names of his great grandchildren let alone grandkids. Best way to deal with this is to let it go.

Anna--EERD? Wow...I thought that had to do with the stomach like acid reflux. I need to go google!!!

Hope Cathe, Stacey, Denise, etc find us. And just why is there such strange numbers etc on the title. I didn't do that!!!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Abby0317

Ok, I think I fixed the title....

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Dropping off:

funny, silly, good times By Cdjohnson

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to cdjohnson

Hello, everyone:

DOO and BBL!

Grandpa, I heart you By Jaspernonyx

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

• Abby0317 Said:
Also, since Mandi requested someone step in for her for Sept hostess I am asking if we can have any volunteers for that or any other of the remaining months.
Thanks...T.

I have no idea what hosting entails or how you put stuff on the first page, but if it isn't hard i could take a month.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to scrappin 2

I'm watching the Olympics.

ACU2H

Thanks Stacey for hosting July and Terry taking this month. I'd sure miss all of you if this thread disappeared!

Catch everyone tomorrow.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to scrappin 2

Just finished watching Mirror, Mirror with my family. I turned the Olympics on and their is going to be more gymnastics so I will probably stay up and watch it.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

I love the beach when it storms too Terry. What I don't like is dodging lightening bolts. And Florida IS the lightening capital of the world. One of the best times I EVER had at the beach was a weekend in Daytona. The first day we got there it was storming like crazy. There were guys renting 4 wheelers on the beach-due to the rain they gave them to us for 1/2 price. We were the only ones on the beach and rode for about 2 hours in the POURING rain. It was SO much fun!

Cathe...hosting is easy. You copy and paste the info above...then just do what you normally do. Post away

I'm happy to say my basil is back. It IS the talking that makes them perk up. I had stopped talking to them...they got all wilted. I started talking to them again and now they are growing like wildfire! At least someone around here doesn't mind my yapping lol

Anna-glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. I hope the shots and antibiotics kill whatever it was

Page 1 of 19 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics