Page 17 of 19 
Username Post: Augusts New Layouts        (Topic#1579187)
Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Glad you were spared from the storm Donna! MIL is back home now?

Hello to everyone else here!

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Jeannie don't worry about talking too much! Jo ann's seems to do that. They were out of the Lucky 8 punches a few weeks ago when I discovered a sale. When notified they were back to regular prices. I got one at Archiver's with a 43% off coupon.

Cheryl you must mean business today with cleaning and scrapping....you are "offline". You're probably afraid to get me on IM and we'd chat the hour away.

Hi to all.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to rockmom

Hi ladies. Just checking in. The results from the biopsy came back..everything is normal thank god!! I was really scared because of the fact breast cancer runs in my family. I have to go back in 2 months for a mammogram, and ultrasound, then once a year after that.

Jessa ended up coming home on Friday with a cold. Now Natalia and Ashley have it. Ashley has her 3 month well baby visit on Friday!! I cant believe she is going to be 3 months old. Time really is going by! She has got to be 11lbs or more by now!

Jess is adjusting well to all her teachers and is totally loving the Boys and Girls club after school.

I havent scrapped yet, but hopefully since this weekend is a 4 day weekend for hubby, I will get some time to scrap.

I miss being here but hopefully that will change come net month and we are more on schedule and routine!!!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to cdjohnson

Hi, everyone!

Donna, welcome back! I think it's great that you haven't bought anything scrappy since May! I never eat bruschetta out cause I hate onions, and I am afraid there will be onions some where.

Cathe: Griffin and Mandy are in my thoughts and prayers.

My mom has a special scrap request for me, and i don't know what I am going to do. she was helping her buddy run a tent at the Iowa State Fair when President Obama showed up. She got pictures of herself with Obama, and she wants me to scrap them. I am excited, but also a bit apprehensive--I really want to do a special LO! Don't know about papers, etc!

My job is going well. I did Bingo yesterday, and I made some minor mistakes, which really got some people mad! But I learned that some people are that way no matter who is "calling" Bingo. Today we have tie-dying. My boss was wondering what we can have them dye, and I suggested a tapestry for the activity room, so that is what we are going to do. We got a sheet from housekeeping, and it should be a lot of fun. I brought in my markers and most of my traceable templates. The residents have made some really great-looking stuff! My boss told me I could teach scrapbooking if I want, and I think I will just keep it as a simple way to preserve their pictures. I will use my chopper to make pre-done mats for pictures, and have them put the pictures on with simple titles, journaling and embellies. I have a huge stack of tear-out alphas from Joann's--hope to be able to use the Xyron. I think that would be easiest. I don't want to make it something that will frustrate or confuse the residents.

Gotta work till 9 tonight--"Movie Night." Haven't worked that before.

Hello Anna, Katy, Jeannie, Terry, Densie, Mandy, and anyone else I may have missed.

BBL!

Kim

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to jaspernonyx

Donna yes...just what you did last time..my stupid printer cuts off the sides and or the tops or bottoms of my pics even when I think they're formatted correctly...if I have the original I now understand how to fix that..but those photos of me and Roni at Lush were taken by Vicki on her cell. I meant to write this last night..but had another of those brain f@rts.

Cheryl did you get a pic of dd all dolled up.

Mandi so glad you and all the kids are fine...I'll be glad to see you here more often with pics of the baby and the other kiddos.

Cathe...43% off...?..that's an odd amount..lucky you though. I just wouldn't pay full price for one of those punches... even though they are big and do 3 different styles.

Kim sounds like you're having a good time with all the different activities. It was only a matter of time til you got them scrappin'! I think that is a great idea. And take pics of the tapestry they make.

Hi Denise and Terry and Anna and Mel (gone again!).

Miss you Sis.

Am struggling with a layout...the reds in the G45 Bird Song pps are not as red red as I'd hoped and the little sarong my Japanese dolly is wearing is very red...minor problem but it is bugging me.
Dentist this morning and nails this afternoon...scrapping in between.

Have a good day one and all.

yakkin again.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Cathe - After I posted, I turned my computer off so I wouldn't be tempted to stay on. Just now letting myself take a break for a bit.

Jojo Noons
Mayor
Jojo Noons
In response to dollscrap

Good morning Ladies!!!
Can't remember the last time I made in here in the a.m., LOL!!!
Hannah started school today...maybe that's why.

Went to Job Lots yesterday and picked up (for a dollar a piece)some cute little Jar embellishment kits, for mason jars. One is vintage, one exploring, a christmas one, and the other was "Gone Fishing" The lst one even has a fly fishing "Fly" in it! They are soo cute! I'd have to open the packages to take pics... Then I found large index boxes, covered in red, dark green, navy blue felt. They all came full with the index cards...Me thinking is to make recipe boxes out of them! One for my daughter Miss Elizabeth...if it comes out cute with added embellies, then maybe it will be a great trinket to make for the store....Camping recipes????? HMMMMMMMMMMM...
Anyway...
Checked the cabins out last night...not too bad, Yay! Cleaning won't be horrific...I shouldn't say that...MOST clients are very good at picking up. Makes my process easier...not shorter!
Landscaping needs attention this week too...especially with the last horrah of summer upon us. Man! I thought summer was a short season before...now with bookings it was a whirlwind! Hope winter passes as fast!
Have Griffin in my prayers Cathe...God Bless him!
Kim congrats on the job!
It was very nice finally seeing my kids!
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!

Jojo Noons
Mayor
Jojo Noons
In response to Jojo Noons

Hope this is OK to do...if not forgive me Meghan!
here's a link to Billy working on the store...

https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.4538529379...

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Jojo Noons

Good morning all--
Kim--glad you are really enjoying your job--sounds like fun! And you are right some people are just mad no matter what!
Jeannie--Bird Song is out? OMG here goes more money! That's the one I realllllly want! What about a lt coloring of a Copic to make it match?
Donna--you ok? Is Issac totally pass you now? I'm emailing a guy in AL and the rains have hit there hard.
Cathe--how's little Mandy? Griffin doing ok? Updates please....
Mandy--dang it girl --- you should let us know that you thought you had breast cancer! There's a couple of us on here that went thru it. Be religious about getting mammograms done!!!!

Well off to work! Everyone have a great day!

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

How we named you By Scrappin 2

I think this needs something. any suggestions?

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to scrappin 2

Famous Star By Scrappin 2

Love these new templates I bought at the Scrap Expo from Kiwi lane. You could do the same thing without their product, but it is so much easier with it. lol

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson

Dropping off:

Accessorize By Cdjohnson

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Whew!! Mandi, so glad that the biopsy was ok. We are looking forward to new pics of the baby.

Jo-the store looks like it is coming along nicely. We don't have one of those Job Lots. The kits sound really cool.

Kim I think you are perfect for your job. I like all your ideas to keep the clients engaged.

Jeannie good luck with your Graphic 45 papers. I can't decide if I love them or not. The baby papers were fun. Not sure the Halloween papers are me.

rockmom
Governor
rockmom

Hiya JO! Do you do all the work at the campground by yourself? or does hubby help too? You have to be beat by the end of the day.

Kim, you cannot please everyone all the time so do your best and don't sweat the rest. It takes a special person to work with our elderly and I think those folks are lucky to have you!

Jeannie,we do love to hear from you so don't you dere stop yer ramblin'. Good luck figuring out the reds.

Cheryl, cleaning and scrappin? You must be superwoman. I have to concentrate on one thing at a time.

Cathe, any news on the little one or Mandy?

Mandi, good news, hugs to you.

Terry, don't work too hard.

Anna, how's it going?

Katy, come back, we miss you.

Mel, how are ya?

Donna, Issac has passed you by and seemingly missed us here in Htown. If it had wandered a just a litte to the west it would have not been good for us.

Got my laundry room and pantry cleaned, painted and organized. Next to the linen closet.

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Terry, I am so sorry I did not get the sketch done this month. I do like it so maybe I can use it another time.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Denise - I know your question about Mandy was directed to Cathe but I am on the same thread as the request was made. Mandy's surgery went well yesterday after a little scare at the beginning. She was sleeping well last night and pain under control. This was back surgery on a 27 year old.

So, I did a little bit of cleaning, a little bit of scrapping, took a nap, kept Ryan for an hour and now back to scrapping.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Terry - I finally got around to using this month's sketch!!

Dropping off:

If children grew up . . . By Cdjohnson

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

Jo enjoyed the photos...you should make a little scrapbook of the process and have it on the counter in your little store. People would love it.

Thanks Cathe...will keep jabbering then...

Here's the lo where I was struggling with the colors...and the design and the photos and the embellies and etc...anyway what I did was re do the photos in my iPhoto in an antique finish. The little outfit is very bright red irl.I thought of Copics Terry but I didn't want to possibly ruin the pps. The papers are gorgeous and there are also so many really cute pps in the Nutcracker collection too.

Kiomi's original outfit was cute enough but I wanted her in a kimona. Katy gave me 3 little fans last year and I tried one with Kiomi and she actually was able to hold on to it and the size was almost perfect...Thanks Katy.

Kiomi By Dollscrap

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to dollscrap

Glad Cheryl cleared up the Mandy inquire.

Baby Griffin is doing ok all considered. Mommy and Daddy got to hold him...all hooked up of course. He is off the respirator. I just keep praying that he continues to improve.

I got the bedsheets washed and that was about it. I left the house to get some pictures as they are 1/2 price on Tues. Messed around for 3 hrs. with my sil until the photos were done. It was 5:30 when I got home.

Hope we get some rain from Issac way up here in Illinois. Sure hope everyone stays safe.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson

ACU2H

Page 17 of 19 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics