Page 2 of 19 
Username Post: Augusts New Layouts        (Topic#1579187)
cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Good morning! Another busy day here. I need to CLEAN, register daughter for school at 12:30, and then keeping Ryan from 2:30-3:30. I'll be checking back in later today.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Terry, EERD is similar to GERD but not quite as bad from what I have been reading. Of course, his diagnosis isn't official because I haven't had the light put down my throat....yet.

Jeannie, hope things go well for Roni. Like you, I would worried sick about her driving on the freeway.

And I love everything about the beach. Wish I lived closed to one. I haven't been to the beach in about ten years but would love to go...DH hates the beach.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!!

Cathe--why don't I sign you up for Nov and we will all help you. As Donna said it's really simple and with this group there isn't any monitoring or bad stuff. If you decide not to just let us know...and it's ok if you do!

Donna--we don't really get the lightening here but now what seems to be a problem is some debris from the tsunami in Japan is just now hitting the shores here. We also get whales washing on shore and weird stuff.

Cheryl--have fun! I so need a fun day! Keeping a little one was always fun and tiring too.

Anna--I hope you don't have that. I did google it up and read a bit about it. What I didn't get was does is slowly come on or just hit like a brick? I hope that you don't have that and just a terrible cold!!!!

Jeannie--Freeway driving in SF? OMG that is one of the scariest things ever!!!! We were going to Morgan Hill in 2006 and went 100 miles out of our way to avoid SF rush hour traffic. Wise move! Hope she does ok --- is there a transit bus or something she could take?

I'm in that mode (and they do this all the time to me at work) where I have to work 11 or 12 hr a day to make the deadline because they give me the information late. So ladies have a great one....

Edited by Abby0317 on 08-01-12 06:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Abby0317

Hi, everyone:

JCI and BBL. I am off to go to the nursing home to meet with the volunteer coordinator. When I get back, I will catch up on chat and lovins.

doo:
9th grade naivete By Jaspernonyx

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to jaspernonyx

ACU2H

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Morning!

Whales wash up on shore by you Terry? Awww I can see me wanting to take one home with me lol

I agree with Anna and Cheryl-vent away!

So how did things go with the volunteer postion Kim?

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

still waiting on my new computer
this one keep poping out or crashing it suck big time miss all the chatter and layouts and cards
donna thank you for the diecut i love spellbinders and the card is beautiful wish i had taken my time unwrapping it the xmas paper was nice could have use that
it so hot here that i just go out to ckeck on my plants my grass and tree look dead all burn up just hope they all come back,no new neighbor yet but still plenty of work still going on plus we getting new street lights they are almost on my street will take picture when they get here,will try to get back on later today when this computer cool off or stop crashing

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to tealbrand

Glad you liked the Spellbinger Mel

I hope you get your new computer soon-we miss you!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

Hi Mel! Hope to see you back with us soon!

Hello to everyone else here!

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

OK Donna, I will take November as host. If I'm in a panic...I'll call Cheryl. LOL

Anna my dh was a swimmer and likes the beach and pool. It was one reason I was drawn to him.
Hope you don't have anything like Gerd or EERD.

Jeannie maybe your dd could take driving lessons. Just a thought. But she probably doesn't have time with the new job.

Mel hope your computer holds up sure miss you.

Kim hope the volunteering gig goes well and helps you get a job.

Hi to all better go get something done.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to scrappin 2

D2O...TFL!

***FUNTOOLAS*** HAY By Anna C

***FUNTOOLAS***Kate By Anna C

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Good morning Ladies!!!

Yeah Donna about once a year some water critter floats ashore sometimes just banks there other times just gone. One year there was a baby shark and mama was patrolling as close as she could. Not good for tourism!!!

I think Jeannie asked about the DWTS line-up. I can't wait...what a crew! I'd spend hours & hours watching Gilles dance!!!

Off to work...

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Abby0317

Hi, all!

Today is Mark's birthday; he's 48. An age-related change he is experiencing is that his vision is not perfect like it used to be. He can't read stuff up close without help. This really bugs him, and bifocals are hard for him to get used to. I am 41 (will be 42 at the end of this month), and I wear glasses, but I have had time to adjust to them. I've been wearing glasses for several years now.

Mel: so sorry about your computer problems!

Jeannie: I, too, would be concerned about the driving in San Francisco!

Terry: It's too bad that you have to work longer hours b/c no one was prepared enough to give you info earlier! My mom used to always say, "a lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!"

Cathe: Thanks for volunteering to host!

the volunteer job is going well. I have an "appointment" today to play Yahtzee with a resident, then there is manicures at 3 that they want me to help with. Manicures? I know nothing about giving manicures; we'll see how it goes!

DOO and BBL to catch up on lovins.
Maria By Jaspernonyx

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

Hi, everyone!

Today was my 2nd day volunteering at the nursing home. I was supposed to help with manicures, but when I got there, my boss pulled out the supplies and LEFT ME ALONE! Ladies started coming in! I explained that it has been over 20 years since I painted fingernails. They were very understanding, and I think I did an OK job.

We were going to get a game of Yahtzee going, but we couldn't find the game. When we found it, we saw the dice were gone. I am bringing in my own yatzee tomorrow. And there are some residents that want me to read to them. Tomorrow is tie-dying. That should be fun. Then on Saturday it's Bingo. That's another thing that I am supposed to HELP with--hope they don't leave me all by myself! I can pretty much work as many or as few hours as I want.

Everybody must be busy--there's no post since the one I did this morning.

Take care, everyone!

Kim

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson

Mel - so sorry you don't have your new computer yet. We MISS YOU!!!

Kim - Sounds like you are doing well volunteering at the nursing home.

ACU2H

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to scrappin 2

Hi everyone. I haven't been on much. Vicki and I spent most of yesterday in Emeryville which is just on the east side of the SF Bay Bridge. We didn't go into the city and nor does Roni have to drive there...the problem is the approach to the bridge and the several freeways that meet there and her having to cross over several lanes to get to the correct one...it is even scary for me and I've been driving 50 years almost..gosh that sounds weird since I'm only 39 (BIG laugh). So yesterday, after we dropped of Roni, we went to Scrapbook Territory after a breakfast at Betty's cafe (banana rum soufle). We had to go home after that and then drove all the way back to pick up Roni...then came home again and out to dinner with dh to Johnny Garlics...great restaurant but a bit pricey. Today we went to see Batman and then we went to Ikea. I have never been to Ikea....one could get lost there and never be seen again.
Thanks for everyone's concern..and Cathe Roni has her license and drives but just not used to having to drive in thick rush hour traffic because she just hasn't had to.
Terry, FREEWAY driving in SF isn't as bad as driving on surface streets there. It is scary.
BTW...I spent only 10 bucks at Scrapbook Territory (patting self on back). saving myself for when Katy and I go in less than two weeks.
Cheryl I thought Mirror Mirror was good...loving all the takes on old fairy tales lately.....one of the previews today was OZ which looks to be the story of how the wizard got there...before there was a Dorothy...looks good...as does the new Superman.
Has anyone seen the movie preview to or heard of the novel Cloud Atlas....dd2s beau showed me the preview..and it looks really good...so I ordered the book on my Kindle. It is 6 interconnected stories in one about people meeting up again and again through history...hard to explain since that is only an impression but it looks good
Trailer...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWnAqFyaQ5s
Oh Donna we seldom see lightning...maybe one or two storms a year..and not very often the forked kind...usually the whole sky lights up...pretty cool but I'd be scared to be out in it...do many folks get struck?

Oh the Olympics are on....and baseball...oh there just aren't enough hours....no time to scrap!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Good morning!! Thought I would check in real quick before getting my day started. A have laundry and grocery shopping to do.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Kim, hope Mark had a great bday! Sounds like you are doing well with your volunteer position.

Have a great day ladies!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Nothing new here or exciting either. Will be out of town until Sunday. Have a great weekend everyone!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Abby0317

Hello, everyone:

Hope everyone is having a great Friday! Not much going on here: JCI and BBL.

DOO:
Once upon a time, James and I had 3 sisters By Jaspernonyx

Page 2 of 19 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics