Page 3 of 19 
Username Post: Augusts New Layouts        (Topic#1579187)
cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to jaspernonyx

ACU2H . . . think I am going to digi scrap while I watch men's beach volleyball USA vs. Italy

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off:

Theme Park By Cdjohnson

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

acu2h

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Dropping off:

A girl and her dog By Cdjohnson

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Kim I think you are a blessing to the elderly. I don't think they cared that you weren't a manicurist. I bet they just liked their nails painted. Hope Mark had a nice birthday.

Hope all of you are doing fine.

Jeannie I am patting you on the back for not spending much. I'm going to the Scrap Expo on the 24th. Last year it wasn't all that great, but I always find stuff to buy.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to scrappin 2

We are having potluck at work tomorow. I have Smores' Brownies in the oven and, of course, I am making a second pan for my hubby. He is so spoiled!!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to cdjohnson

Hi, everyone!

Hope everyone is having a great Friday!

Today at the nursing home, I played Yahtzee with one resident and read to others. It was fun. One of the people I read to is unresponsive, but they still think she likes to be read to. I read inspiring stories out of the Guideposts magazines that are in the activity room.

Cathe: thank you so much for your kind words. I'm with you: I don't think the ladies cared yesterday whether I knew what I was doing or not. It is just a social time, and they do like getting their nails painted. Not one of them complained about me!

Cheryl: I love potlucks. Your S'mores sound yummy! I am very predictabe in what I bring: I throw a couple of packages of Little Smokies in the crock pot with barbeque sauce. It is very, very easy--and people seem to like them. I have been kicking around the idea of digi scrapping.

Mel: miss you!

I went to Archiver's today after volunteering. I told myself I could spend $40, and at first I spent $35. Then I went back in and spent $6.99 on a "Year-o-Graphy" 6X6 paper pack that I just HAD to have! So, I went a little over budget. I got some really cool stuff! I refrained from buying Graphic 45's "Little Darling" collection, which I have wanted for a long time. That would have been 1/2 my budget right there. I also got some Christmas stuff--I have about 6 Christmas cards made so far.

Hello and good evening to everyone! Off to play with my new stuff!

Kim

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson

Dropping off one more for tonight:

Springtime By Cdjohnson

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

G'morning!

Ugh...just not natural to get up at 4:30 am. On the bright side...I get off at 6:00 and we're going to the outlet! I'm gonna hit up Kate Spade and Dooney. Hubby's been promising me a bag and its time to pay up

Kim-its so sweet for you to give your time to volunteer. I'm sure it means the world to the people you are spending time with

Cathe...enjoy the expo! I was gonna go to the one in Orlando this past May-but got a Cricut Imagine instead. Maybe next year

Can you believe I have not been scrappy shopping (with the exception of the gift card trip)since 5/24??? I see they have free shipping here today...

Have a great one ladies!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Just dropping one off real quick. I am off to play Bingo with the residents. Hope everyone has a great day! BBL.

mom's friends By Jaspernonyx

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2

Donna you won't see this until much later,,but have fun at the outlet mall. Good for you for saving your money. I bought 5 sheets of cardstock at Hobby lobby yesterday.

Kim did you have a coupon at Archiver's? I also spent $40. there last Tuesday. I refrained from buying Graphic 45 Halloween collection. I'm making that album for my niece with my left over Lullaby collection. I needed a few more sheets of 12x12 but they only had the big pkg. so I bought the 6x6 pak with my coupon. BUT i really screwed up. I should have gotten a Lucky 8 punch with the coupon. Oh well.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

I get e-mail coupons from Archiver's all the time, but I don't have a printer so I can't print them out. I told that to the lady who rang me up, but she did not give me a discount. I never read those e-mails from Archiver's because I seldom go there, tho it's one of my favorite places. It's just too dang far across town.

I know what you mean about only wanting a few sheets from a collection. I would have bought about 3 or 4 from G45's "Little Darlings."

Donna: hope you snagged a lot of bargains at teh outlet mall. Thanks for your kind words about me volunteering: tho I love to do it, it's not just all out of the goodness of my heart. The plan is to gain some kind of experience working with elderly folks. Many applications ask prospective CNAs to list any experience working with the elderly, and they are looking for more than just work experience. so it would be nice to have something to write there.

I walked home from the nursing home today, because the bus I need only runs every two hours on Saturday. I thought I could be home by then. The trip took 2 1/2 hours, but I stopped by Walmart on the way: I was only going to use the bathroom and look at what they had for embellies. Well, $17 later, I am home...

There's a Target really close to our apartment, but i swear they have been carrying the same stuff for 3 years (I've been scrapping for 3 years, and it all looks like the same stuff I used to buy there!) I'm tired of all their stuff. There's also a Tuesday Morning within walking distance (about 2 blocks); I go in every week (just about) to see what they have. the lady told me thier truck comes on wednesday, and they usually have it all unloaded thursday or friday. Well, I went there because I need page protectors. It occured to me that TM would be teh place to get it. I can get those scrapbooking kits (K and Company) for 6.99. I need albums, too, so I thought I would get tehm at TM instead of paying $10 for a pack of protectors at Target. You don't get as much choice in album designs, but I found one I really like for 7.99. It's a 3-ringer. So I got the book AND 10 page protectors for 7.99. One time, and I am not kidding, I got a collection of Christmas-y metal embellishments for NINE CENTS! I love going to TM! I never went until just this past year. In fact, I hated TM. I used to handle their callers trying to order stuff. It was like, "no, that's all sold out." "so is that." Basically, everything any one would want or need they couldn't get. Very frustrating for the customer AND me! Left a bad taste in my mouth for TM.

Ok, enough babbling. I am off to play with my new stuff!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Kim

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

dropping 2 off:
For every joy that passes, beauty remains p. 2 By Jaspernonyx
For every joy that passes, beauty remains p. 1 By Jaspernonyx

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson

In from work and checking in. ACU2H. I'll be back again tomorrow evening after work.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Kim our Tues. Morning hasn't had anything lately.
Our Target got rid of so much of their scrapbook stuff--I think they all did. I walk thru the isle, but you're right, it is all the same. The did start carrying Smash stuff, but I don't like it.

Hi Cheryl-so glad you are feeling better.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

All we have is a JoAnne's and they are carrying all kinds so smash stuff right now. I'm not really into that. I wish we had a Hobby Lobby near by!

Kim, I hope your volunteering puts you one step closer to employment.

Laters!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

DOO...

Life's A Beach By Anna C

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

DOAO...

Bright Sunshiny Day By Anna C

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Anna C

Good afternoon!

DOO...

Nonny and the Boys By DittoBabyGirl

Can you believe I didn't get ANYthing at the outlet yesterday? I went into 4 stores (Kate Spade, Dooney, Coach and Michael Kors) didn't see not one bacg that I liked Oh well...just not meant to be

I see alot of those smash books too Anna. I love the idea of them but just not my thing. I think those would be really cute for a teenage girl though

I really wish people would stop asking me to make them stuff and assuming that I have all this free time to just whip up things. This girl I'm friends with at work says to me last week...so Donna, how long does it take you to make a scrapbook? I said...about 6 months with the way I scrap. Then she goes...oh-we're going back to Germany in November and I thought it would be really cool to take them a scrapbook of our last trip. I know she wanted ME to make it for her. So I said well...I can show you how to scrap and if you buy kits I bet you can get one done before you go. Her tone changed and she was like yeah, I'll see. The SAME girl asked me yesterday if I had a Cricut. So I said yes, why? She goes..well I want this wall mural for my husband and the place I hired to do it is taking forever. So I said...yup- a wall mural would take forever to make due to the size of it. I said it would take me twice as long. I think she got the hint. It makes me feel so awkward when my friends just assume that I can whip them up scrapbooks just cause I like to scrap. I actually hate scrapping for someone else...too much pressure-then its not fun Ok...enough ranting. Hope ya'll are enjoying your Sunday!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Anna C

Good Sunday!! Boy am I behind...just been really busy.

So Donna what did you get?

Our Tuesday Morning never seems to have anything I go looking for (given up on ever finding scrapcrap there) but I always come away with something/s I never knew I needed. I am sick of Michaels...same old same old...good for other crafts though...same with Joann. Thank goodness I can get to Scrapbook Territory in a half hour...and I shop here at SB a lot.

Here is a layout I did last night and this morning using this months sketch.
Cute By Dollscrap

Donna your last post and mine were posted at the same time.
Feel free to rant...I'd feel awkward too....the only books I ever made were my idea and I wanted to do them. If someone wants me to make one they will have to pay...it is insulting for them not to offer to pay...or to just think you'd actually LOVE to do it for fun.

Page 3 of 19 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics