Page 1 of 12 
Username Post: August Budget Challenge        (Topic#1579189)
Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Welcome to the August BUDGET Challenge!
We're here to stay within limits on our scrappy spending!!! (Or try to...) We have plenty of enabling going on

We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers!

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month of August that you would like to spend on supplies. Then, list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and I will keep track of it in this post. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping. Please round to the nearest dollar value

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

TWISTED!!! List at least one thing you are not allowed to buy for the whole month.

Note: I have already listed the players from last month - but please feel free to join in at any time!

Vivian
Budget: $50
Wish: Square cards, face stamps
Twist: Paper (got a whole bunch last month that I still need to look thru) In other words, I don't remember what I bought LOL not the first time for any of us and surely not the last!

Pat
$100.
Wish List : Brayer, Punches, stuff for upcoming vacation pages
Twist : Cricut Cartridges. I don't use the ones I have, and I certainly don't need any MORE.

Tammy
Budget: British: $100-$5=$95-$9=$84-$20=$6 4
Budget: Canadian $100-$1=$99-25=$76
WISH: (UK) Brayer, Punches, new papers from Autumn Winter SU catty
(CAN) My Digital Studios downloads (31% off sale in August)
TWIST: Nothing that I can't use on a current project Busted Twist

Courtney
Budget: $100-$18=$82-$50=$32
Wishlist: New CHA releases
Twist: Nothing that is not a CHA new release LOL

Sonja
Budget: $90-$24=$68-$12=$56-$28=$ 28 BUSTED
Wishlist: B is for Boy, Create-a-Critter and New Arrival Cricut carts, Faber-Castel Watercolor pencil set, cardstock, emergency (read: impulse) embellishments, chipboard pieces, spend SOD gift card, Echo Park Little Boy
Twist: No. More. Baby. Paper. Sets! (other than stocking up on the sets I already have! and apparently Echo Park )

Alissa
BUDGET: $50??
WISH: CH dividers, trimmer blades, TH texture stamps
TWIST:

Tina
Budget: $50-$18=$32-$20BUSTED
Wishlist all impulse
Twist none

Katie
Budget: 50-$3=$47
Wish: Scrapfest Registration, SMASH book, album for pal's wedding, supplies for pal's weddingalbum, good paper for Gamsol coloring.
Twist: nothing not on sale, too expensive, and that I don't really need.

Kelly
Budget: $125-$3=$122-$3=$119-$96= $23
Wish: Christmas paper (for work samples), Christmas Stamps (for work samples), metallic gelatos set, black & white gelato set, orange gelato set, funky/unusual stamps for art journal, black gesso, charms, masks
Twist: no flowers or leaves Praying - can I get an AMEN!

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 08-28-12 12:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Of course I'm back.

Putting a budget out there gives me a target to aim at and then overshoot.

$100.
Wish List : I'm leaving this open to all my impulse needs and wants. I know I want to find something in New Mexico for my vacation projects!
Twist : Cricut Cartridges. I don't use the ones I have, and I certainly don't need any MORE.

Actually, Tammy - I just read YOUR wish list, and that sounds like "perfect" to me! Can I lift the idea for my own?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to GentlewoodFarms

of course you can Pat!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Im in also

Budget: $100
Wishlist: New CHA releases
Twist: Nothing that is not a CHA new release LOL

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I have a big wish list this month and not half the budget to cover it.

Budget: $125
Wish: Christmas paper (for work samples), Christmas Stamps (for work samples), metallic gelatos set, black & white gelato set, red gelato set, orange gelato set, funky/unusual stamps for art journal, black gesso, charms, masks, washi tapes

If I were willing to make my store samples at work, I could store use all the product, but I'm always much more creative in my own environment. Sadly I don't really want or need Christmas paper or stamps, so I may break down and take care of samples at my next crop night. We'll see.

Alissa, you are the stamp queen. I bow before you. Any idea where I can get some super cool, not cutesy, not common, funky stamps for my art journal? I definitely want a coffee ring stamp, some stamps that have texures/backrounds, and just awesomely odd images.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

Kelly do you have a twist?

Have you seen the Daniel Torrentz (sp?) stamps?

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Kelly,

the Rubber Cafe has some really cool not cute stamps and so does rubbernecker stamps...I got some really cool distressed and vintagy type stamps there...Let me know where you find a coffee ring stamp because well uhhh I think I need that...

Scraputante just entered all of the Authentique lines...YIKES LOL I already got the festive one from kelly she brought it for me to CKC lol...now i just need curiosity and the halloween one LOL..

Can someone PLEASE tell me why I have to have halloween paper when I have absolutely nothing Halloween to scrap LOL..but I love it so much

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to newtoscrapping2011

ummm re coffee ring - can't you just use a tim holz distress ink pad and a coffee cup to create one?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Courtney you are the enabler Queen - I am off checking out stamps - hellloooooo I do SU and here I am checking out Rubbernecker stuff...sheesh

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

well look at you tammy being all clever LOL..yes you absolutely could!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Wishlist all impulse
Budget $50
Twist none

Thanks for doing this again Tammy.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to tinadn

I THINK Close To My Heart has a coffee ring stamp.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I don't know if CTMH still has the coffee rings, but Cocoa Daisy has them. Shipping is wicked high though. I should probably get a mug and try what Tammy suggested though.

Courtney, I have a cr@p ton of Halloween paper too. I love it, but have nothing to use it on. Boo.

Tammy, my twist is flowers and leaves. Pray for me.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

ok I just had to pick myself up off the floor Kelly - really that is your twist - I shall pray for you but my knees aren't what they used to be.

However Congrats for July - you stayed on budget!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

GOOOO KELLY!!!!

I may actually be able to stay in budget this month...our schedules are insanely busy..but I do have 2 crops LOL and Kelly is vending at one of them...HELP ME LOL!! Its this coming weekend, and I dont think she has gotten any more shipments in so I may be safe!

I love how Sonja blames my shopping spree on her spending LMAOOOO shes lucky I heart her LOL

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
I THINK Close To My Heart has a coffee ring stamp.

They also have a new catalog out. My consultant is saving one for me. I may need to change my budget-lol

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

OHHH EMMM GEEE Alissa..I saw the ornamental Light collection at convention!! kelly did buy a couple of the stamps and the dies...I will have to see which ones..I had no idea it was a new line GRRRR lol

I love your example by the way

Tina....im trying really hard to avoid that new catalog LOL...

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
I have a big wish list this month and not half the budget to cover it.

Budget: $125
Wish: Christmas paper (for work samples), Christmas Stamps (for work samples), metallic gelatos set, black & white gelato set, red gelato set, orange gelato set, funky/unusual stamps for art journal, black gesso, charms, masks, washi tapes

If I were willing to make my store samples at work, I could store use all the product, but I'm always much more creative in my own environment. Sadly I don't really want or need Christmas paper or stamps, so I may break down and take care of samples at my next crop night. We'll see.

Alissa, you are the stamp queen. I bow before you. Any idea where I can get some super cool, not cutesy, not common, funky stamps for my art journal? I definitely want a coffee ring stamp, some stamps that have texures/backrounds, and just awesomely odd images.

Blue Moon Scrapbooking has a great selection and free shipping at $50.

Scrapbooking Warehouse has a great selection, competitive prices and reasonable shipping.

Definitely check Artistic Outpost. And I Brake for Stamps.

Need more?

No budget yet. Technically, it should be zero. But y'all know how that goes.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to runzalot81

LOL yes Alissa we know how that goes...off to do some shopping LOL Stamps may be as addicting as paper for me :/

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

everyone make sure you check out the HC blog - our Alissa (who never toots her own horn) has 2 creations featured on the blog!

Page 1 of 12 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics