Username Post: Layouts and Floorplans?        (Topic#1579225)
Ziger44
New Kid On the Block
Ziger44

I am running into a mind block! A lot of advice people are saying is to look at other's layouts in the gallery. Those layouts are AWESOME!!! Since I am new at this, I did follow that advice on one of the layouts and I did not like what I ended up with. There are so many good layouts out there and I'm not that experienced at scrapbooking to create them. Does anyone have any very simple layouts that they used personally? I researcjed the sketches on layouts and floorplans in hopes that this will help.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 07-31-12 05:42 PM
In response to Ziger44

Sketches are a great way to start, as well as browsing through the gallery. However, sometimes looking through the galleries can be self-defeating because there are so many different styles out there. Sometimes all you see are the amazing techniques that do require some practice and certain tools (sometimes expensive ones). However technique alone does not make for a satisfying LO. I actually don't like a lot of the LOs I see, too many of them are way to busy for my taste with too much focus on technique and not enough focus on the photos and the story.

I think it's really important to step back into your own head and just LOOK at what you're working with, look at your photos and your papers and your embellies and stuff. Ask yourself if you like what you see. If not - why not? What do you like and what don't you like? How could it be better? Move things around and play with them. Also ask yourself WHY are you scrapping this and what about scrapping is important to you? And finally - at some point just accept something you're reasonably happy with and move on to the next one. Your style will develop and change over time, try not to overthink it at any point along the way and just enjoy the process.

Besides sketches, another fun thing to try is to scraplift - basically find a layout you like and copy it, using your own photos and story of course, and changing the paper/colors/embellies as you see fit. And if you post your final result anywhere it's always nice to give credit to the person you lifted from.

MiaFrancis
Resident
MiaFrancis
In response to stick

I also watched some video technique on here and signed up for free email lessons, that can help you get ideas what to try =)

Edited by MiaFrancis on 07-31-12 10:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MiaFrancis
Resident
MiaFrancis
In response to MiaFrancis

http://www.scrapbook.com/university/beginner.php

try to see here if you find what can help you =)

Veteran
In response to MiaFrancis

I use sketches from pagemaps.com..... It's pretty simple to follow IMHO,
Hope it helps

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Noelles mom

I have a sketch board on my pintrest account! Lots of ideas!!!!! (you can get to my pintrest from my blog link...it has a click me button...easy as pie!!!) Blog link is:
http://3monkeysthrowingar oundsomepaper.blogspot.com/

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics