Page 1 of 10 
Username Post: Virtual Christmas Card Idea Swap/Challenge        (Topic#1579321)
kj.etienne
Resident
kj.etienne

Is anyone interested in doing a virtual swap of Christmas card ideas? I am trying to make a variety of Christmas cards to send out this year but I am having a hard time with inspiration. I am looking for ideas to scrap-lift. Does anyone want to have a weekly or biweekly challenge to make a card and then post pictures to share the inspiration? I seem to do better with challenges that say like use only scraps, or use a certain technique or use this layout, etc.

Would that be interesting to anyone?

Thanks! I would like to start asap... if I can get anyone else that is interested to participate.

Thanks!

Kelli

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to kj.etienne

I'd love to do a Christmas card challenge!! There are some out there in blog land too,,,,,52 christmas card throw down, christmas stampin' all year long,,,,,probably others. But that would be fun to do one here! Great way to get an early start on holiday cards!

kj.etienne
Resident
kj.etienne
In response to CommaHolly

those sound like fun too! I'm glad you are interested. My MIL also does cards with me usually once a week or so, and I'm sure she will upload some pictures of her cards as well. Lol, I just got her hooked on making cards so she is still new at it and I think she still makes better cards than me!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

should we have a theme once a week,,,,,,like,,,,,a color inspiration or a sketch to follow or something???

Expert

how many would we have to make? I am pretty slow and inexperienced at card making....even though my cards are pretty simple.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to deedee49

well, it's not my challenge, but generally, the way challenges work, you get a week to meet the challenge,,,,and you don't have to do every challenge,,,,,just the ones you want to or have time to do And if you are new and inexperienced, a challenge is an AWESOME way to learn new things! You'll love it!

Expert

I've always shied away from swaps and things like that. Afraid I wouldnt fulfull the swaps. But this sounds like fun. I'd like to try something with no pressure.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to deedee49

a swap, most of the time, does require a committment,,,,,,you send something and receive something,,,,,,,but she said "virtual swap of ideas", challenge,,,,,,,,,I think she means just posting our cards to give eachother ideas and things to scrap lift,,,,,,now if only she'd come back

kj.etienne
Resident
kj.etienne

Sorry guys! Yes, this is more a challenge than a swap. Just a swap of ideas, so post pictures or links to pictures of your cards.

I was thinking (and this is really a group decision) that a once a week or every other week challenge would be good. Just depends on how much free time everyone has to devote to this. Also, I was planning on coming up with some sort of them for each one, such as: use a certain color, a certain design element (snowman, tree, etc.), a certain layout... you get the idea. Anyway, after posting the challenge (which we can post on Sundays or something) everyone who wants to participate in that challenge will have until the next Sunday (or two weeks from then if we chose that) to post their pictures of their cards.

This is just to help everyone get new ideas for making Christmas/holiday cards and to help you build up your stash to send out this Christmas!

As for how many we would be making... that is up to you. I plan on doing one every week or two until Christmas... so how every many that is.. if you want to participate in all of them. If not, no pressure! Just do the ones you want and come back often to get new ideas even if you didn't participate! I will also be posting my pictures on my blog.

Hopefully that answers a few questions.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

sounds great to me!!!!!! I'm in!

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 08-04-12 01:20 PM

this sounds great. I am also new to card making and love what Angel said, "it is a great way to learn."
I'm in too.

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to Cinj

I am in.... love challenges... I am hoping that we don't have to have a complete commitment with it as I am on a couple of design teams and that would come first... but i really need to get a move on my Christmas cards

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to leokc34

here is one i did today for Crafty calendar challenge blog

Christmas card By Leokc34

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to leokc34

omg, that is so cute!!!!!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Here's one I did this year just a few days ago,,,,,

Sassy Cheryl's and CSAYL challenges By CommaHolly

kj.etienne
Resident
kj.etienne

wow, I love both of those! Super cute! Commaholly, what did you use to cute out those ornaments? I am a sucker for ornaments! lol, and how did you post your pictures?

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34

LINKING LAYOUTS TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Go to the Share section on the left-hand side and click on ‘Share Anywhere'.
3. Click on 'IMG code' button.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...] into the forum thread.

ALLOWING PUBLIC EMBEDDING:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Edit Image' tab at the top on the left side of the layout.
3. Scroll down to the bottom left side.
4. Check the box that says, ‘Allow Public Embedding’.

here you go

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

• kj.etienne Said:
wow, I love both of those! Super cute! Commaholly, what did you use to cute out those ornaments? I am a sucker for ornaments! lol, and how did you post your pictures?

I used these to cut them out! Spellbinders Heirloom Ornaments (2010),,,,,I love spellbinders,,, I want the 2011 too,,,,,but I'm not fond of the new 2012 ones

kj.etienne
Resident
kj.etienne

Thanks leokc, I will give that a try!

So, should we start a challenge today? How about we start off with the challenges being 1 week long and if we are having trouble keeping up with it we can move it to 2 weeks.

So, try to upload your picture by next Sunday evening, the 12th. The challenge this week will be to make a Christmas card using some Christmas wrapping paper! You can use it instead of designer paper or however you want to use it! Be creative!

Can't wait to see what everyone does!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

omgosh, do I even have any? I don't think they sell any yet LOL! well, let's give it a try!

Page 1 of 10 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics