Page 3 of 10 
Username Post: Virtual Christmas Card Idea Swap/Challenge        (Topic#1579321)
shetang
Tenant
shetang
In response to kj.etienne

• kj.etienne Said:
That is a beautiful card! How did you make the branches? They look 3D! I would love to try making a card like that.

Commaholly, thanks for the tip! I am checking that site out now so I can get my pictures uploaded too!

I used the Martha Stewart medium branch punch, then used the agt adhesive all over a tree (triangle) cut from green card stock. Working from the bottom up and and sides in I began layering the branches over each other.

There is a youtube video showing the technique. I don't recall the lady's name but when I saw the demo I had to buy the punch right away. She also used the branches to make a wreath. It really is a 3D technique.

shetang
Tenant
shetang

Your cards are really pretty. I love the shimmery look and the subtle tree. Beautiful!!

shetang
Tenant
shetang
In response to shetang

• shetang Said:
  • kj.etienne Said:
That is a beautiful card! How did you make the branches? They look 3D! I would love to try making a card like that.

Commaholly, thanks for the tip! I am checking that site out now so I can get my pictures uploaded too!

I used the Martha Stewart medium branch punch, then used the agt adhesive all over a tree (triangle) cut from green card stock. Working from the bottom up and and sides in I began layering the branches over each other.

There is a youtube video showing the technique. I don't recall the lady's name but when I saw the demo I had to buy the punch right away. She also used the branches to make a wreath. It really is a 3D technique.

If you search youtube videos for "Christmas Tree Tutorial Part 1" you'll find the video to make this. I wasn't sure if I could post the video link

kj.etienne
Resident
kj.etienne
In response to shetang

Sweet thanks! I'm watching the video now!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

WELL, I didn't get the card made this week I was camping with my grandchildren at Disney's camp ground,,,,

what's next week's challenge???

kj.etienne
Resident
kj.etienne
In response to CommaHolly

Oh! I didn't even realize that we had started a new week already! Sorry! My oldest is starting preschool this week... it's been a big week!

This week let's do a Christmas card using some sort of die cut AND some sort of stamp.... so, you need to use a die cut AND a stamp on your card. That should be simple enough for this week, yes?

Does anyone else want to come up with a challenge for next Sunday?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I'd be happy to come up with a challenge for next week

and i am loving this week's challenge!!!!

kj.etienne
Resident
kj.etienne

Awesome! Thanks CommaHolly!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Here's my entry for this week,,,,use a die cut AND a stamp! I used spellbinders Labels 14 for my die cut to cut out my inkadinkado christmas tree stamp!

it looks like pepto bismol threw up on my card lol,,,,,,,just a weeeeeeee bit TOO pink!

A little TOO pink!!!! By CommaHolly

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34

thanks for the reminder link.. i haven't made a card for christmas this week... fingers crossed i will have it in soon

Expert

oh holly...I love the pink!!! So different!

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 08-24-12 03:12 PM
In response to deedee49

Thanks for the reminder link. Time has gotten away from me. I have been helping a family where dad in in the reserves and mom work nights so that has me working 7:30am to 11:30pm every day. I'm exhausted.

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to Cinj

lvoe the pink!

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 08-24-12 09:25 PM

Holly pink is my favorite color. I never would have thought to do a pink card but if it is okay with you I would love to scrap lift this idea?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Cinj

you're more than welcome to scrap lift it!!! Lift away!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I'm going to post tomorrow's challenge today because we may have no power tomorrow, and I will be busy evacuating away from Isaac tomorrow!

so next week's challenge isssssssssssss

PHOTO INSPIRATION!!!!! I want you to be inspired by the COLORS,,,,,

and,,,,,,,

one element in the photo (your choice),,,,,maybe the mirror,,,,or the tree,,,,,or the fireplace,,,,,whatever you want!

Inspiration Photofor t By CommaHolly

Have fun!!!!!

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 08-25-12 08:02 PM

I feel really bad. I was all excited to do these challenges but then work, family and silly old life got in the way of my scrapbooking/cardmaking time so I did all 3 challenges so far today and I will post them now.

Please let me know how you would improve them because they are not the best by far. I had a lot of drama with them and will have to redo some so I can send them.

Here is week one... Virtual Christmas Card Idea Swap/Challenge (gift wrap) By Cinj

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 08-25-12 08:03 PM
In response to Cinj

Week two... Virtual Christmas Card Idea Swap/Challenge (Tree) By Cinj

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 08-25-12 08:04 PM
In response to Cinj

Week three... Virtual Christmas Card Idea Swap/Challenge (die cut and stamp) By Cinj

kj.etienne
Resident
kj.etienne
In response to Cinj

Oy, I almost forgot to post my card today! Sorry it's late guys! I've had it done for almost 3 days now and our internet has been off more than on because they are replacing lines in our neighborhood. Here it is though!

p.s. I LOVE picmonkey.com! Thanks so much for sharing the site!

Virtual Christmas Card Challenge - Use a stamp and a die cut By Kj.etienne

Page 3 of 10 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics