Page 6 of 10 
Username Post: Virtual Christmas Card Idea Swap/Challenge        (Topic#1579321)
CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ms_Pebbles

If I'm one of the ones you're talking to, thank you!! I agree, there's a ton of great inspiration on this thread!!!

kj.etienne
Resident
kj.etienne
In response to CommaHolly

Yes, you all have been so inspirational! I am so happy that you all joined this challenge! Thank you!

kj.etienne
Resident
kj.etienne
In response to kj.etienne

How is everyone doing on their cards for this week? I made the bookmark, but haven't had a chance to make a card to go with it yet. Lol, I have been watching lots of youtube videos and making several different mini albums! I am addicted to mini albums! I have been finding some really cute designs and have been making one of each of the ones that I really like (just putting them together, not decorating them at all yet). I have made 4 of them so far in the last 4 days! Now I just need to get some pretty paper on them and figure out what to do with them!

I have a challenge for this week's card.... and someone else can do the challenge for the next week!

This week's challenge, 9/16-9-23, is to make a card using FOIL! This can be foil tape, colorful foil paper, or regular kitchen foil (which is what I will be using). Also, make your card using non-traditional Christmas colors! So, use foil and don't use red and green.

And a side note... how many Christmas cards does everyone have made so far? How many do you NEED to make for this year? And the all-important question.... is this card challenge helping at all?

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 09-19-12 10:18 AM

I am stumped on the book mark one. Or I was until a friend brought a book by for me to read and I thought "Brandy would love that cards" do I am making it for her this weekend.
This challenge is definately helping. I finished about 15 cards and I need about 70 if I do home made cards for all my previous clients and I probably will.
I like the foil idea especially since I saw a you tube where someone embossed a coke can. Hubby said we can get flat foil at lowes. And I may get myself some Tim Hoots alcohol winks for my b-day.

kj.etienne
Resident
kj.etienne
In response to Cinj

Cinj, I'm glad you've been helped by this challenge! Hopefully you can get all 70 done before Christmas with us. I love the foil also... I too saw a video on youtube, but they used regular kitchen foil so I am wanting to try that. I got some metallic rub-ons (which is like a really soft creamy paint like stuff that you rub on using your finger) and it works on metals as well as paper and stuff. It could be fun to try with the foil since I've only used it once!

Can't wait to see what you come up with for the book mark and the foil!

kj.etienne
Resident
kj.etienne

wow, it's been REALLY quiet on here the past 2 weeks almost! Where is everyone? Is everything going okay?

kj.etienne
Resident
kj.etienne

Okay, so it's Sunday, and time for the new challenge for the week! I really liked the photo inspiration challenge so I think I'm going to do another one.

http://www.freechristmaswallpapers.net/images/wallpaper...

kj.etienne
Resident
kj.etienne

Here it is again.. in case you can't open the link.

Photo inspiration for the Christmas Card Challenge By Kj.etienne

tynmicsmom
Expert
tynmicsmom

Hello Ladies I am so very, very sorry I have totally flaked on this challenge Between being super sick and kids and work etc you all know where I am coming from I have not had time to do any christmas cards I have the list of all the challenges thus far and will do my best to catch up soon. I go on a retreat at the end of October and I know I can catch up at least by the end of that retreat if that is ok with you all??? If not I totally understand.

In the mean time the cards are all beautiful!!
great job everyone.

Thanks,

Bonnie

kj.etienne
Resident
kj.etienne
In response to tynmicsmom

Hey Bonnie! I'm sorry to hear that you've been sick! I know that totally takes it out of you! This challenge is come-and-go-as-you-please so don't worry about playing catch-up (Unless you want to, then please, feel free!).... We enjoy having everyone on here, whether they participate in every challenge or not!

Can't wait to see some of your cards, when life slows down a little!

Kelli

kj.etienne
Resident
kj.etienne

I have been trying to upload pictures of my foil cards as well as my bookmark card....ALL DAY yesterday! And our internet has not been cooperating! It would load about half to 3/4 of the file, then just stop. Over and OVER again!

Lol, I will try again today... but just know that I have made the cards and will upload them as soon as the technology cooperates!

kj.etienne
Resident
kj.etienne

I finally got them to upload! YAY!!!

Here is my card for the bookmark challenge:
Christmas Card Challenge - Bookmark card By Kj.etienne

And here are my cards for the foil challenge:
Christmas card Challenge - "use foil" challenge By Kj.etienne

tynmicsmom
Expert
tynmicsmom

Thank you Kelli

kj.etienne
Resident
kj.etienne
In response to tynmicsmom

Okay, so I haven't been able to get the card for last week finished yet. I hope to get that done today or tomorrow at the latest.

As for the new challenge this week.... I'm out of ideas for a challenge, so I think I will let someone else come up with one. Since there aren't many ladies on right now maybe we will just make last weeks's challenge a 2 week challenge and we will do a new challenge next Sunday! Sound good?

Hope to see your cards soon!

Kelli

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

sounds like a fab idea to me! I've been nuts,,,,,,,went to disney for 4 days to celebrate my 29th wedding anniversary, so an extra week is a great idea as far as I'm concerned!

kj.etienne
Resident
kj.etienne

Awesome! And congrats on your Anniversary!

Stamp4Joy
Tenant
Stamp4Joy

I know, I'm sorry I haven't been able to participate like I thought I would. Had a vacation in there and then went to visit my son, plus getting caught up on work, etc. I will be submitting some cards soon!

I haven't looked at the challenges I missed, but here's a random Christmas card until I do.

kj.etienne
Resident
kj.etienne
In response to Stamp4Joy

Oh, I love that card! I am going to have to scrap-lift it for sure! did you use the cricut to cut out those letters?

scrapmasterlb
Guru
scrapmasterlb

Well ladies this will be the first challenge that I have tried. Eventhough I think I am a better scrapbooker, I love making Christmas cards. this vertual swap sounds like a great way to learn how to navigate posting pictures and get a head start on making cards.

Tater 
New Kid On the Block
  • Tater on 10-02-12 08:15 PM
In response to scrapmasterlb

Hi all, I just signed up to the forum and would love to join in on the festivities of the challenges. I will try my best to keep up and make some cards if that is okay. I just love playing with paper.

Page 6 of 10 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics