Page 7 of 10 
Username Post: Virtual Christmas Card Idea Swap/Challenge        (Topic#1579321)
Stamp4Joy
Tenant
Stamp4Joy
In response to kj.etienne

I did not use the Cricut -- don't own one -- but used the Big Shot from Stampin' Up! Love it!

scrapmasterlb
Guru
scrapmasterlb
In response to Tater

I uploaded some Christmas cards today to the gallery. I haven't figured out how to attach them to this thread yet. Tried last night and it didn't work. I named the cards after the thread: Virtual Christmas Cards. I did three to catch up with past challenges. A bookmark card, one with foil, and a rather simple plain card. Hope you all enjoy.

Edited by scrapmasterlb on 10-03-12 01:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapmasterlb
Guru
scrapmasterlb
In response to scrapmasterlb

[image] Virtual Christmas card i By Scrapmasterlb[/image]

scrapmasterlb
Guru
scrapmasterlb

[image] 3 christmas cards for virtual swap By Scrapmasterlb[/image]

scrapmasterlb
Guru
scrapmasterlb

Wow, I am so excited I figured this out. Maybe next time I can remember how I finally got it to work. I am enjoying this swap. I haven't sent Christmas cards in the last couple of year. But I definitely will send some this year. I am able to alot more crafting since my husband and I took over the care of my dad. He suffered a severe struck a year ago and I provide his health care and therapy at our home. So, I have much more time to scrap than I used to and it gives us both something to do. He helps sometimes. It is good therapy for us both. lol

kj.etienne
Resident
kj.etienne

scrapmasterlb.... there was a post on the first page of this forum that explains how to post them on here. Basically, when you upload them to the gallery, make sure you check the box under the picture that says 'allow public embedding'. Then after they are uploaded you can go to the picture in the gallery and click on the left side where it says link/embed. Then I choose the option that says img-code and I choose the biggest size. Then copy it and paste it over here.

Glad you were able to join us! Thanks for playing catch up too! You have some great cards!

scrapmasterlb
Guru
scrapmasterlb

[image]http:// Virtual Christmas cards 4 and 5 By Scrapmasterlb[/image]

scrapmasterlb
Guru
scrapmasterlb

Well its beginning to look alot like Christmas at my work station. I made four more cards: one using Christmas paper, one using all scraps, one for the photo challenge, (the first one), and one using a die cut and stamp. Thanks for th enice comments Kelli. I had fun going back through the posts and seeing all the great cards. All the ladies rock... Have a great weekend everyone..Lisa

kj.etienne
Resident
kj.etienne

Awesome Lisa! I can't wait to see them all! (I am posting this before I've had a chance to look at the close ups!)

Thanks for participating in the challenges!

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 10-07-12 01:48 PM

I finally had a little time and my son wanted to play with the Tim Holtz alcohol inks and foil so here is my foil card with no traditional colors.

Challenge Christmas card By Cinj

kj.etienne
Resident
kj.etienne
In response to Cinj

I will be posting pictures of my card for the photo inspiration challenge in the morning. My husband took the car out to the movies and my card (along with some scraping supplies) was in the trunk! So I will have to wait until tomorrow morning to upload pics of it. Do you guys like the photo inspiration challenges or the random challenges better?

I am trying to come up with a theme for the challenge for this week... any suggestions?

Kelli

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 10-08-12 06:07 AM

I like the random challenges better. It gives me a specific thing to add to the card. The photo ones are nice but I am not one to look at something and thing of something else. If that makes any sense.

How about challenges like using a color, or using a technique.

I really liked the foil one and will probobly be doing another card in other colors because I like it so much.

scrapmasterlb
Guru
scrapmasterlb
In response to Cinj

I love all the challenges. The photo challenges have been more difficult. At first I was trying to recreate the photo and then saw a card on here that just took one element from the photo and made a card. (Stamp$Joy's card) That made it alot easier. I wouldn't be very good at coming up with challenges, so I am open to whatever. What about using a christimas song as inspiration or repeating an element on a card 3x. I am just loving all the ideas. I uploaded my card this morning to the gallery and will try to get it on here as well. Lisa

scrapmasterlb
Guru
scrapmasterlb

[image] Christmas card for Virtual Card Swap(photo inspiration 2) By Scrapmasterlb[/image]

tynmicsmom
Expert
tynmicsmom

I got a chance to make several Christmas cards this weekend. So I thought I would at least share 4 better than 0

Thanks,
Bonnie
Christmas By Tynmicsmom

tynmicsmom
Expert
tynmicsmom
In response to tynmicsmom

Christmazx By Tynmicsmom

Instead of a book mark I made a crystal light packet holder. Everyone who reads that I know has a kindle or nook so they don't need book marks. Hope that is ok that I switched it up a bit.

Edited by tynmicsmom on 10-08-12 10:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tynmicsmom
Expert
tynmicsmom

Christmas By Tynmicsmom

tynmicsmom
Expert
tynmicsmom

Christmaz By Tynmicsmom

kj.etienne
Resident
kj.etienne

Wow, you guys! I am loving all the cards! tynmicsmom, that is perfectly fine to switch it up like that! It turned out cute!

I like the photo inspirations because they make me think... and the two that I've done are some of my favorite cards. However, they also take a LOT longer to make and usually aren't great for reproducing in any number. That being said, I really like the challenges that just require a specific element or something because those still look great, are usually fast and easy, and they can usually be reproduced in larger quantities.

So, I liked the idea of using something in 3's on a card, so let's do that this week. Then next week we are going to do a gift-card.... not a giftcard card, but a card with a small gift in it. I would give something like this to my neighbors..... It will be a card that you would put a hot chocolate packet in, or a singles coffee packet, or tea bag, etc. (I am telling you all this a week early so you can pick up something like that if you don't have any at the house right now).

So, the challenge for this week's card is to use something in 3's on the card... so three flowers, three stamps, three squares, etc. You get the picture.

Next week's challenge will be to make a card with a 'gift' in it, such as a hot chocolate packet, coffee single, tea bag, etc. (You could also make some homemade hot chocolate and put it in a small baggie inside the card, then put the recipe in the card also so they can make their own!)

The challenge for the next week (I am on a roll!) will be to make a card that will hold a gift card or cash, you choose.

What do you all think?

Kelli

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 10-08-12 12:41 PM

Sounds good to me. Keep them coming. I still have to do the bookmark one. I have gone back and forth on this one. I was going to do one with a ribbon weighted on both end for the marker but then I was thinking books come in differnt sizes so I was going to make a book marker as part of the card like the chimney to a ginger bread house, then I saw the book hooks but I think that is cheating. lol So I am not sure how I want to make it.

I may just skip that week and come back to it.

Page 7 of 10 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics