Username Post: C2 VS Cameo        (Topic#1579343)
Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie

So Ive been playing with the 1st C. Does the 2nd cut better then the 1st one at all? I have noticed this 1st one rips alot when doing small things. I have changed the blade & I think it got worse?? It wont cut through canvas type card stock with out the deep blade.

I know 1 place has 2 payments for the cameo for 200. Also another that has 5 payments for the C2 and its a little over 200 plus $50.00 free images for the craft shop.

Let me 1st say, I like the no cart. application. So either machine Im going to be doing more single item buys then any other way.

Thanks

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Sassie

I just got the Cameo and I think it cuts better than any of the Cricuts ( I have all the regular ones, no Imagine or cake machines) that I have. But, I haven't tried any of the textured card stock with the Cameo yet. Not sure why?! I guess I am so conditioned to cut with regular card stock that I haven't even thought about trying it. I will have to do that next time I'm playing with the Cameo. And I like the images they offer in their store. Seems they have a lot to offer.

If I had to choose just 1, it would be the Cameo. Providing the price was somewhat the same. I paid $200 for my Cameo, a deal I couldn't pass by. Good luck in your decision.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to ChansGram

Yes, I remeber you waiting for yours along with many others. Now they have a 1/2 payment now 1/2 when shipped and I believe are being alot more vocal about how long the shipping is taking?

Ive wanted a cameo so bad, I would LOVE to know how well it works on textured card stock ... because the only draw back for the me to get the Cameo is the fact it cant cut chipboard. Thats pretty important to me :/

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Sassie

I personally wouldn't use it for chipboard. But that's just me! I think it would take several different factors to make that work with the Silhouette. Chipboard would have to be thin, like cereal box thin, images would have to be pretty elementary-like nothing with too much detail, your mat fairly sticky and the blade extended out pretty far and multi cut would probably need to be used. I think if you wanted to cut out something like say a bunch of hexagons, it could do that with several passes, but nothing with great detail or swirls.
Now,not having tried the machine with chipboard myself, I am not really sure. But I can get kinda get a feel for how it cuts and don't think it's something I would do.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to ChansGram

ty Chans! Ive been checking out the software --- and wow, Idk if im talanted enough to use it or pacient enough to create. Im playing with it now to figure out ...

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Sassie

I only do the basics with the software and have found it very easy. But as with anything I have, I never use it to it's fullest potential!!!!

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to ChansGram

It reminds me of other software I have used before such as Photo shops ects. But its hard to really beable to play with it ... with out knowing what im cutting or further directions on what to do? Ya know?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics