Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: What photo camera do you use        (Topic#1579439)
lanafe
lanafe 
Tenant
lanafe

Hello

I am just curious about what camera does everybody use to take a pictures?

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to lanafe

I use a Canon T3. I just got it about a month ago and it's my first DSLR. The learning curve is a lot, but I'm having fun.

lanafe
lanafe 
Tenant
lanafe
In response to Heather J. Landry

I use my Canon XT(a.k.a 350D).Thinking about upgrading it and getting Sony nex-7...But afraid to get disappointed...it is not cheap camera...

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to lanafe

I carry 3 cameras.

I have a sony Cybershot which I love for night shots. It doesn't turn the photos yellow when you shoot inside with the flash. The flash pictures are just the nicest on it - the truest colors.

I have a Canon Sure Shot - the new model, forget what it is. I love that for the clarity of most of my outside pictures and daytime pictures. I takes a nice picture and has the HQburst I like. I've gotten wonderful wildlife photos with that one.

And I have a larger Sony CyberShot which takes wonderful outdoor pictures but the flash is broken. That is the one my husband loves and always uses. Its bigger than my small CyberShot and shaped more like a classic camera but will not fit in a pocket. But not real big.

My Sure Shot is fairly large.

I just like having all 3 cameras with me because they each excell in something different.

photo_chick
Diva
photo_chick
In response to Henri Jean

My main digital camera is a Canon 50D, soon to be replaced with a Canon 5DmkIII. I also shoot a lot of film. Also lately I've been using my HTC Droid Incredible a lot just to see how far I can push teh camera on it.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to photo_chick

I need a camera too. I am so hard on them. I actually broke my other one from dropping it all the time. So, I don't want to spend a lot on it. The other one I had was like $300 and I had it less than a year. UGH!!

Anybody have one of those digital cameras that is also a underwater camera?

Sorry, didn't mean to hi jack your post!

photo_chick
Diva
photo_chick
In response to TraciK

• TraciK Said:
I need a camera too. I am so hard on them. I actually broke my other one from dropping it all the time. So, I don't want to spend a lot on it. The other one I had was like $300 and I had it less than a year. UGH!!

Anybody have one of those digital cameras that is also a underwater camera?

Sorry, didn't mean to hi jack your post!

I have a Sealife DC1400 for when I scuba dive.I think when it comes to underwater cameras it really depends on what you want to do with it. Do you want something for splashing in the pool or for actually going under water?

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to photo_chick

I have a Canon SX40. Love, love, love it! It takes great pictures, HD video, and you cannot forget the impressive 40x zoom!

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to Trina_P

Danielle, mostly for above water but in the water. Maybe a few underwater pics.

I was looking at a camera at Sams that was a digital regular and underwater camera. It was suppose to be break proof.

Coastie Wife
Pro
Coastie Wife
In response to TraciK

I also have the Canon SX40 and love it. I have to have a super zoom camera for what I use it for and it's been fabulous so far.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to Coastie Wife

Pentax K-r and love it!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to t-scraps

My Canon is SX40 and I love it! I got it about 2 months ago and I'm surprised I haven't worn it out yet.

I like flash pictures better with my old Sony, they aren't as yellow, but still, if I had to run out with just one camera - it would be my Canon SX40.

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P

• Henri Jean Said:
My Canon is SX40 and I love it! I got it about 2 months ago and I'm surprised I haven't worn it out yet.

I like flash pictures better with my old Sony, they aren't as yellow, but still, if I had to run out with just one camera - it would be my Canon SX40.

Three votes! Looks like our camera is a winner! A friend was just asking me about camcorders. Honestly since I have had digital cameras, I would not even consider carrying around a camcorder also. Especially now with this camera having HD video. It is awesome!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Trina_P

I bought my SX40 at Best Buy and it was the salesmans favorite - what he uses personally.

For zoom - it it awesome and outdoor shots are really crisp and clear. None of my other cameras have near the zoom capability that the Canon SX40 does.

I like that the flash thingie pops up - you don't have to set anything. You just flip it up or put it down.

When I set the flash on my Sony cybershot I have to adjust two settings and sometimes it goes off, sometimes it doesn't (pilot error).

I've turned the flash off and been in places where you can't take flash photography and it has flashed anyway. I've missed shots with the Cybershot while I was fiddling with the flash settings.

With the Canon SX40 you can look at the camera and know if flash is on or off. If I'm not sure if I need the flash I can take several pictures, some with and some without by just lifting the little flash thing. Thats a big selling point for me. No programming or settings to turn on flash.

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P

Ditto everything she said.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to Trina_P

i have 3, well 4 cameras. the fourth is a camcorder.

the camera i use the most is an Olympus Tough 6000. love it! it takes great pics, has many different lighting/action options, has a quick shot feature, can be dropped, in the cold and goes in the water. its great for pics of my 2 young kids.

the camera i have upstairs and use mainly for pics of LOs is a panasonic Lumix. it's 7 years old, reliable but i don't know how the newer ones are.

and incase i forget my Olympus, i use the camera on my phone.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to Lamoo12

I have a Nikon D3100 and a Nikon Coolpix 8100. I tend to use the Coolpix a little more.

shortmouse
Veteran
shortmouse
In response to prittb

I have 2 Cameras. My main Camera is a Sony Cybershot 16.1 mega pixels. Back up camers is Casio Exilim 10.1 mega pixels. Never leave home without either one. You never know when a photo op will come up. I love my Sony because of the shake feature it has. It seems like just about every picture I take is a good one. I wish we had digital camera's back in the day I would have more pictures of my girls.

MrsD2008
Veteran
MrsD2008
In response to shortmouse

I used to have a Canon Powershot A630 that lasted 5 years. I loved it dearly, but it just stopped working. We looked into repair and it was cheaper to just buy a new camera. Now I have a Canon Powershot A3300 IS. It is sleeker, smaller, slimmer and just generally more compact. But it doesn't have the functions that my A630 had. We opted for a smaller camera that was a point and shoot with the idea that when we have kids, it would be easier to get quicker shots. But now we've decided NOT to have children, HA! I would love to upgrade to a DSLR, but on one income, that is just a dream.

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps
In response to MrsD2008

I got a Sony Cybershot for my birthday last December (to replace the Sony Cybershot that I got in 2004) and I'm finally getting the hang of the settings. I took some really nice photos inside the Bavarian Village at the Yankee Candle flagship store when we went in July. If you've ever been there you know it's dimly lit inside. A flash would have ruined the whole ambiance. I set the camera on low light, no flash and the photos came out pretty impressive. I was very happy. Last weekend I took pics of my daughter's dance class performing at a mall. I turned the flash off and the pics came out great (her dance teacher submitted two of my pics to the local newspaper!). I rarely take indoor pics with a flash. I hate the bright, washed out look you get with a flash so I taught myself how to adjust the white balance and exposure on the camera. I didn't have a white balance feature on my old camera. It makes such a big difference having it.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics