Page 1 of 8 
Username Post: CLOSED AND WORKING-Elaborately Embellished Library Card BACK TO SCHOOL Swap        (Topic#1579441)
stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

I hostessed several elaborate tag swaps and the tags sent in were absolutely GORGEOUS! Well, I vowed that the one I did for summer was my last one for a while...until I started making my son's back to school mini album and created this:

Elaborately Embellished Libary Card By Stopnstare07

For this swap we are going to dabble in some Back to School themed library cards! Use your imagination, top of the line products and plenty of techniques and embellishments to make these cards elaborate works of art! NO flat cards allowed for this swap...they must all POP and be dimensional, covered with gorgeous papers and/or fabrics and be loaded down with quality embellishments! Just to be fair, you must have atleast FOUR different types of embellishments on these.

The criteria of the library card: The libary card needs to be storebought. Some scrapbook companies sell these and I know you can find them in teacher supply stores.

You are required to ELABORATELY decorate ONLY the FRONT...the back will be used primarily for journaling. You can decorate the back if you wish, but minimally (perhaps a themed embossed stamp or dimensional sticker, but nothing to cover up the majority of the lines)

Here are what the library cards look like blank:

Blank Library Card (Front and back) By Stopnstare07

If you can't find the library cards or don't want to buy a large quantity I can send you 4 for $1.50 (this includes shipping.)

The task at hand: You will completely transform and send in FOUR library cards using elaborate scrapbook papers, dimensional flowers, ribbons, bling, pearls, punches, stick pins, beads, die cuts, chipboard embellishment, interactivity, tickets, charms, brads, mists, inks, paints, stickles, diecuts, words/letters....whatever your heart desires that is true to the BACK TO SCHOOL theme and will make the libary card an amazing work of art!

These library cards need to be very elaborate. I must say this again...these library cards need to be very elaborate. VERY ELABORATE. They must be adorned with embellishments and be something that you would be proud to receive. Please also make sure your library card "says" something. It can be one word or it can be phrases, but it must tie into the back to school theme.

Again, please do not forget, DO NOT cover the back of the library card.

Your library cards DO NOT have to be the same. Create 4 very unique ones if you so desire or send in 4 of the same!

It is VERY IMPORTANT that you do your BEST work on these! The bar is set high, but you will be receiving fabulous works of art so don't hold back on the creativity!

The swap: In order to keep the swaping process simple and flaker free, this will be a send 4 , get 4 back type of swap. Each participant MUST send a four library cards in and you will receive four library cards back.

DUE DATE: September 30, 2012

SHIPPING: Because these will be pretty elaborate and possibly of a delicate nature (and because we don't want them to be smashed or damaged,) please package them individually with your screen name on each packaging. PLEASE DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME DIRECTLY ON THESE. Be sure to include same amount of postage PLUS 4 extra stamps.

OH...in lieu of sending a hostess gift, you can ABSOLUTELY send me a gorgeous library card instead! I plan to use them in my son's kindergarten album!

Back to School PLAYERS:
HOSTESS
Silver
CraftyTwin - RECEIVED
Arteshamac - RECEIVED
Provinca
JessicaLB
All4ty
Mwendt - RECEIVED
Scrappinlily

Edited by stopnstare07 on 10-16-12 11:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07
In response to stopnstare07

If Back to School is not your thing, I can also have an "open theme" spot and we can just have 2 different "themes" going. Just let me know! :-) I will go make an "open" theme one now...

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

Top!

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK

I'm in for the back to school group. Maybe the open group, but let me wait on that for a bit. I might have you send me some library cards. I may have some colored ones from years ago but I don't know the dimensions. Is there a dimension requirement?

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07
In response to silver26AK

Welcome friend! So glad you are joining. These are so fun to make and very practical! The library cards are the standard size. I think the measurements are roughly 3x5 or around that.

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac

Good morning, Henva.I am fairly new to scrapbook.com. Are there certain requirements to join the library card swap? Thank you for your time. Artesha

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07
In response to arteshamac

Hi and Welcome!!!!! The only requirements are that you check in so we can know you are still with us and to do your best work! You only have to turn in 4 of these and you will get 4 back so just take your time and create something fabulous! Let me know if you want to join for sure. We would love to have you! :-)

CraftyTwin
Guru
CraftyTwin

count me in...where do I buy the cards? If I can't find them then I will paypal you some money to send me some cards.
I'm looking for some Vegas Style diecuts or party ideas for my husbands upcoming bday...any suggestions or ideas?

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07
In response to CraftyTwin

Adding you, LaTarris! I've seen them on Amazon and I ended up finding some locally at the Teacher Supply Store. They come in packs of 50s. I am happy to send some. Just let me know before you paypal! I have plenty! :-)

A deck of cards automatically came to my mind when I read that...or poker chips. I do know they will print info on poker chips...that would be a CUTE addition of some sort to that party (customized poker chips). Look in PINTEREST! :-) I just joined and got some fabulout ideas for my wedding!

Edited by stopnstare07 on 08-06-12 08:21 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to CraftyTwin

Ok. Thanks so much for the prompt response and the warm welcome. I will let you know for sure if I will play along sometime this week. I am going to try to locate the library cards this afternoon:)Do you think office supply stores such as Office Depot and Office Max carry library cards?

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

• arteshamac Said:
Ok. Thanks so much for the prompt response and the warm welcome. I will let you know for sure if I will play along sometime this week. I am going to try to locate the library cards this afternoon:)Do you think office supply stores such as Office Depot and Office Max carry library cards?

That was the first place I checked and had no luck. I know Amazon.com has them and I got mine from the Teacher Supply Store. I would call one before you went in. I believe they are called library book distribution cards. If not, you can paypal me $1.50 for each set of 4...that includes shipping. I am also including the inside cover sleeves with them. You don't have to use those for the swap, but I am sure you will find something to do with them! Hope you are able to join us!

Edited by stopnstare07 on 08-06-12 08:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac

Oooh! We have a teacher's supply store nearby. I didn't think about that:)If they don't have them, then I will let you know so you can send me some. BTW...Count me in:)

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

Adding you!

provinca
Mayor
provinca

Hi Henva! I'd love to join this swap. I bought some library cards a few years back at CKC and haven't gotten around to using them yet. Here's my chance!!!

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK
In response to provinca

Henva, I would like you to send me 4 cards please. I have a few of my own but would like a few more. I just don't want a bunch. So can you please send me 4 and I will paypal you $1.50. Thanks

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

Anna...welcome!!! Erin, PM me your address. I will stick it in the mail tomorrow!

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK

PM'ed you Henva. Thanks!

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

Erin, getting that package ready right now! :-)

Is everyone signing up for Back to School or are there some Open Theme takers?

provinca
Mayor
provinca

I'm in for back to school.

jessicaLB
Expert
jessicaLB
In response to provinca

sign me up please for back to school. My baby is starting pre-school this year, and I want to start a mini for her.

Page 1 of 8 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics