Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: New scrapbooker        (Topic#1579443)
mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to justartguy007

That's what we all say...

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Possibly Bo Bunny? That's a big one. I'm not familiary with Bo Pee, but that doesn't mean it's not out there.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Henri Jean

Oh I need those snap load strips. I just bought a new album and it has posts. I'm irritated with it already. All my other albums have snap loads and I love them. Pioneer - noted! Thanks!

justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007
In response to mrsdriver5

Yeah I know but I have a good stash of paper to last me a good few months lol. Yes it is called Bo Bunny... Don't know why I said "Bo Pee" for, lol. I guess I was trying to think of it. Or my brain wasn't working right. I was looking at some paper on the superstore site. Bo Bunny caught my eye. They have some nice Heritage paper I can use.

Justie

justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007

Yeah the snapload by Pioneer seems like it will work. Before I bought them I saw a youtube video by a lady. That showed how to put them on. She just took the post off and set her pages a side and then took I guess the white "tabs" took the paper thing off the back and she put little bit of hot glue on the back of the sticky part and press them in place and press them down for few seconds then put the strap things in place and lock them in place. She said in her video the realize that putting a little bit of hot glue on the sticky part. I guess to give it strength to hold in place so it won't come undone.

Justie

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

That sounds like a great idea!

I use 3-D ring. My books are each 40-45 protectors or 80-90 pages and the edges were so much wider than the spines that I had to switch over.

I would love to try to the strapload for some of the books with shorter trips in them.

justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007
In response to RedSquirrel

Hi Redsqurriel,

I tried one of the snap load on my albums tonight. It was easy to put on. I even put a little bit of hot glue on the tab things. To give it strength. As I was locking the strip in place a couple of seconds it would pop right back up. It not staying in the lock position. Do you know why that happening has that happen to you before where the straps would unlock?

Justie

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

The snaploads are great, I've converted all my post bound albums to them; HOWEVER, on some of my over stuffed books, the bracket that holds the zip tie looking thingy sometimes pops off the spine of my book, so good thought to put a bit of hot glue!

As for the strap popping out, the only time that happens to me is when I've not pressed it into the bracket flatly and completely. Have you tried looking at that?

justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007
In response to Kim222

Yeah I did try press down to lock I just open again it did not snap back up. So, I think it ok but it might snap up again. I though it might be the hot glue but it couldn't be. I guess there always pros and cons to everything you buy. It was just strange sometimes both the bottom and top straps would pop up after pressing down. Maybe it just needs time to settle in it lock, lol. I thought stupid me for paying 4 bucks for two more if they are going to just keep on poping up. But I guess i just have to play with it some more.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

Could just be a "bad" one if that keeps happening. It really shouldn't. If it keeps up, contact Pioneer and let them know. I would imagine they will send you a replacement.

justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007
In response to Kim222

Yeah it could be I didn't open the other two yet. I kept my post bond srews just in case and also to keep around in case. I don't have any extra straps.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel

I have had old snap strips pop up after a lot of use, but I just fold the cardboard of the album round on top of them, and shut the album really quickly! That seems to work - until next time...

But they really are much easier to open up to change the page order or add new pages than the post albums. I like them.

Yours are new and haven't been bent yet, I guess that's why they keep popping up. Try warming the part where the plastic bends, and then press down hard for a while where it "folds". The plastic won't have been bent into shape as it would be if you bought an album with them already fitted.

If that doesn't work, yes, I would get in touch with Pioneer.

justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007
In response to RedSquirrel

Yeah I did that samething and it seem to work. It really only one that keeps poping up. When I open it up one strap was not rounded like the other one. But going to make it work, lol. Hope your sunday is going well.

Justie

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics