Username Post: Envelopes for cards...        (Topic#1579451)
arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac

Good morning, everyone. I created my first card yesterday. I am super proud of myself! I didn't really measure my card. I just folded it and scored it. I cut my lady from the Forever Young cricut cartridge at 5 1/2 inches. The card is a little bit over the height of her vertically. It is a simple card, but I enjoyed creating my own card. I will be doing more in the near future. Anyway, this may be a silly question, but here goes. For anyone who has made a card, do you buy cards to fit your hand made cards inside or do you just present the card as is without the envelope? Thank you for taking the time to respond. Artesha

bigredssw
Tenant
bigredssw
In response to arteshamac

All my friends who are card makers either make a quarter-fold card to fit the standard invitation envelope or they use the Martha Stewart Score Board to make the envelope out of a paper that matches the card.
Products Referenced in This Post:

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-06-12 08:15 AM
In response to bigredssw

Well done! Sometimes I buy the packs of blank cards & envelopes to use, sometimes I make an envelope with my MS score board, sometimes I just put the card in a bubble mailer to send to the recipient, and sometimes I just hand the card over without an envelope. No real rhyme or reason to it, just what I feel like doing and how much time I have.

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to stick

You can also make envelo-boxes if it's a heavily embellished card and again, just using a scoreboard makes it very easy.

PokeyMom
Pro
PokeyMom

Here is a tutorial for making envelopes for odd sized cards that do not fit the traditional envelope templates.

HTH

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to PokeyMom

Thank you all very much for your expertise and taking the time to respond to my forum topic. Hugs, Artesha

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8

I just use my MS score board to create the envelope size that I need. I am one of those people that must have an envelope for my cards!!!

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to thehappyscrapper8

I make the envelopes to go with the cards I make using the Martha Stewart scoreboard. Because I buy a lot of paper in stacks there is always paper in those stacks I would never used for a layout I used that paper to make the envelope. The "ugly" designs are on the inside of the card. You can see some of them in my gallery.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to dotfree

One word of warning...that I learned the hard way...is to make your envelopes in sizes the post office likes. One Christmas I made my cards and envelopes and I figured I'd have to pay extra for the weight, but found out the envelopes were like 1/8" too wide, so I also had to pay an "Odd Size Surcharge". Those were expensive cards to mail! They have a complicated way of having the sides be in proportion to each other because of their sorting machines. Now I have the MS folding/scoring board so I use the envelope instructions shown on it.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics