Username Post: scrapbooking photos        (Topic#1579469)
justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007

Hi everyone, I have a question about scrapbooking oringal photos. As some of you know I am doing a Heritage family scrapbook of old family photos I got from both sides of my family. I want to use the oringal photos. I do have most of all the photos scan. But I want to do some nice layout with the oringal photos. I will only use photo corncer and removeable gule dots on all my photos. That just me. I have seen nice layout of family pages in the gallery section. But I also got copies of family photos From other family memebers. I could get more creative with the copy ones and just use the orginal one on nice simple backgrounds. Let me know what you all think?

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to justartguy007

Hi and welcome to the site

Scanning your photos and using photo corners on original photos is a great idea!

I think you can get just as creative using your original pics AND using the copies of pics your family has given you. Since you're using photo corners, you don't have to worry about not loving your layout. You can do it over and just move the picture to it!

Scrapping is an awesome way to document our lives, but its just as wonderful as a creative outlet. I say get as creative as you want - just relax and have fun with your pages!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Kim222

My only problem with scrapping precious original photos is the "what if I need to take them out again?" question, as well as whatever precious handwriting may be on the back. But by scanning them (back and front if necessary), and also only using photo corners, you have belt and braces.

Someone pointed out once that if you only scrap copies, what happens to the originals? Still in nasty acidic shoe boxes in the attic getting mouldy and degenerating further. At least in a scrap book, they are going to be taken care of as well as being seen.

I think you've struck a perfect happy medium there with your ideas. Go for it!

justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007
In response to RedSquirrel

Hi Ladies thank for the wonderful tips. I am going to still use my orginal as well as some of my copies. I want to wait until I get some of Tim Holtz products before I start. Thanks again. Have a wonderful day

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics