Username Post: Albums for chunky pages?        (Topic#1579549)
New Kid On the Block

Hi Everyone! I realy like the shabby chic style pages I see in the gallary-- lots of embellishments, prima flowers... I also like thicker pattern papers. They all look like the pages get really thick/chunky. I went to michales and it looks like it would be hard to insert thicker pages. I wonder what albums do you use or like for chunky pages? (I heard from somewhere this is also called "fat scrapbooking"? )Thank you!

Another question. What is your favorate size of albums/ pages? 6x6? 8x8? 12x12?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to dreamsailor

I would suggest three-ring albums if you would be doing a lot of that sort of thing.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to aquabunny

Yep, 3 Ring (D-Ring) albums

MiaFrancis
Resident
MiaFrancis
In response to Here Kitty

I don't know about chunky pages, but on your another question, I like different sizes of albums, depends what kind of project I want to do =) So I'm sure I end up with lot of albums different sizes =)

New Kid On the Block
In response to MiaFrancis

thank you ladies for your quick replies! So, you can insert two pages into the page protectors of a 3 ring album?

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty

yes.

Katydidd
Veteran
Katydidd
In response to Here Kitty

I aggree 3 ring is the way to go for a chunky fat page. I prefer working with 12x12 pages so I have more room to play.

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to Katydidd

I scrapbook on 12x12 the majority of the time but I like the smaller size albums for specific events. 3 ring albums work well for scrapbooking chunky pages as you called them and I found that my strap hinge albums work well also.

Hey Jude
Veteran
Hey Jude
In response to thehappyscrapper8

Another gal here that likes the D-ring albums... holds lots of double chunky pages. One thing I learned though... always store these albums upright.

Edited by Hey Jude on 08-11-12 09:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DeborahM-Mom of Two
Idol
DeborahM-Mom of Two
In response to Hey Jude

You could also use scrap cardboard/chipboard between pages to help provide spacing so your embellishments don't get squished - cut them 1 - 2 inches wide, cover with pp if you want, punch holes and insert them in between page protectors of your bulkiest pages

New Kid On the Block
In response to DeborahM-Mom of Two

So, page protectors will work for two chunky pages plus a cardboard/chipboard? When I looked at the page protecters at Michales, I worried that the pages won't fit into the page protectors, or the pp will squish the flowers.

• DeborahM-Mom of Two Said:
You could also use scrap cardboard/chipboard between pages to help provide spacing so your embellishments don't get squished - cut them 1 - 2 inches wide, cover with pp if you want, punch holes and insert them in between page protectors of your bulkiest pages

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

She meant putting the strips of cardboard BETWEEN page protectors, not in them.

• dreamsailor Said:

So, page protectors will work for two chunky pages plus a cardboard/chipboard? When I looked at the page protecters at Michales, I worried that the pages won't fit into the page protectors, or the pp will squish the flowers.

• DeborahM-Mom of Two Said:

New Kid On the Block

Thank you ladies! So 3 ring/ d ring it is. I guess I should make a couple pages and then buy page protectors to see whether the pages will fit.

New Kid On the Block
In response to aquabunny

Oh I see.haha. Thank you!

punchcrazy
Tenant
punchcrazy

When I first started scrapping I used 3 ring 8-1/2 x 11" albums. Then I switched to 12 x 12 post bound. I'm now back to 3 ring but vary my sizes. 3 ring seems to be the best fit for bulky pages.
As to sizes, our on-going family album is 12 x 12 . The kids each have a school album which is 8-1/2 x 11. If I do a special album (like a vacation album) I tend to choose 8-1/2 x 11 as well.
Gift albums I've made tend to be either 6 x 6 , 8 x 8 or 8-1/2 x 11. I look at the bulk of my photos when I decide to do a special album and based on that choose what size I think will be the best fit.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to punchcrazy

GREAT to know! I just adore the awesome chucky funky thick layouts they are truly works of ART!!!! I have been scrapping for 10 years but all alone it is so NICE to find alarge group of gals that love the same stuff i love! great ideas
M

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to mindygail

I love to look at the chunky pages, but it's just not my style to make. Part of the problem is I have way too many pictures to only put one or two pictures on a page (although, I admit, I do occasionally), but still, it's just not how I want to scrap, but be sure to put the ones you make into the gallery, so people like me can enjoy seeing them. Chunky is beautiful, but I'm a fairly plain and simple gal when it comes to my own scrapping style. Luckily we're all different or the gallery would be pretty boring :>)

Someday, maybe I'll make a couple of chunkies to frame and use as wall art, but my Project List is long...Judy

Oh...and welcome

Diva
In response to mrsdriver5

I prefer 12x12 but I also do a lot of mini albums for the old pictures!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics