Username Post: SUSPICIOUS COMMENT FROM "UNKNOWN"        (Topic#1579567)
Diva

I've got a comment on some of my latest lo's that sounds inappropriate and suspicious. It reads:

"hello dear My name is sinda.i saw your profile at (www.scrapbook.com) And i became interested in you, because the way you explain yours self gives me joy please I will like you to write me through this e-mail here. (sinda1011walt@yahoo.com) So that we can know each other THANK YOU. Your sinda"

The member name is "Unknown". Has no profile also.
Is there a way to remove the comments and to report this?
Thanks.

shortmouse
Veteran
shortmouse
In response to ELLANVANNIN

I also had a comment on one of my latest cards that I posted. Was coming here to ask all the same question. Seems to me someone is trying to get some information.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to shortmouse

it was a spam posting who's profile was mopped. PM Megan. She can mop it.

NewSnow0518
Diva
NewSnow0518
In response to moxiegirl23

I've been catching up on love with the Cricut challenge and almost all those ladies had them too.. Weird..

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to NewSnow0518

I was leaving love in galleries tonight and saw the same messages there. Someone has been very busy! Glad they are mopping them.

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to Henri Jean

I got the same one today ... Creepy!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9

Three of us so far on the Rockin' Scrapin' Grans have found comments from this person also, I have written to tech support with all the details, and they are "getting back to me"!!!!! I am sure they are deluged with requests at this point. Anyway...I even had a comment from that same person on a tag I posted in early July! Just thought you might want to know.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to memex9

They're still coming in now, almost 400 in the past three hours, from "Sinda." Mine were on layouts I posted in early June.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to aquabunny

I feel left out - no spam for me.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to scraprabbit

I felt left out too - thought maybe it was something I said or maybe my hair.

But Andrea made me feel better - she said there was a not left on one of my older layouts.

Sinda really does love me.

Now if Megan can just make her go away.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Henri Jean

Ladies...don't feel left out......feel fortunate.....it was very, very creepy quite honestly. There were 5 on my gallery, not all recent two were much older lo's! It truly was bizarre!!!!! Glad she is gone......with the wind!

* Julie *
Diva
* Julie *
In response to memex9

Definitely spam, most likely from a spambot. A spambot is a computer/software that does the work of leaving those comments. That's how a profile can leave hundreds of comments within a short amount of time. These sort of things appear in blogs, too, all the time.

The good thing, it's not an actual person looking at your layouts. The bad thing, it's super annoying!

Diva
In response to * Julie *

I CAN COPY AND PASTE THE MESSAGE IN THE GALLERIES OF ALL THOSE WHO FEEL LEFT OUT... lol!
No need to thank me...
In fact I was not upset because of the message. What devastated me was the fact that Sinda was telling the same thing to others. I felt so special and then... the betrayal.
Now seriously, I feel better now that I know this is being taking care of.
Spam is like the roaches, you can't get rid of them forever.
Hugs to all of you and have a great weekend.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

• ELLANVANNIN Said:
I CAN COPY AND PASTE THE MESSAGE IN THE GALLERIES OF ALL THOSE WHO FEEL LEFT OUT... lol!
No need to thank me...
In fact I was not upset because of the message. What devastated me was the fact that Sinda was telling the same thing to others. I felt so special and then... the betrayal.
Now seriously, I feel better now that I know this is being taking care of.
Spam is like the roaches, you can't get rid of them forever.
Hugs to all of you and have a great weekend.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to scraprabbit

And thank you to Megan and the other magic moppers for killing off the beast.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics