Username Post: make it waterproof...?        (Topic#1579635)
Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12

I am making name tags to go on cups/cans/bottles for a party. Is there something I can use to make the paper stand up to condensation and spills?

Will mod podge work? I own some, but I've never used it.
Products Referenced in This Post:

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Lamoo12

Probably. I've never tried splashing a finished project to test it, but the outdoor variety is intended for weather, so surely that would hold up.

Could you possibly use clear contact paper instead? It would be a lot faster and easier.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to cindy312

A strip of clear packing tape maybe?

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Lamoo12

Laminating? My Xyron 510 will laminate items, and a Crop-a-Dile will punch a hole if needed.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Luvmyfam

What a great idea!

Seconding clear Con-tact paper or you can take them to Staples/Office Depot and have them stiff laminated. You could also use name badge holders.

How are you fastening the tags? Rubber bands?

Edited by Mrs Jocco on 08-13-12 12:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to Mrs Jocco

I would use clear packaging tape -- It's stronger than Contac Paper.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to Mrs Jocco

• Mrs Jocco Said:
What a great idea!

Seconding clear Con-tact paper or you can take them to Staples/Office Depot and have them stiff laminated. You could also use name badge holders.

How are you fastening the tags? Rubber bands?

it's a wrap around label. the ends have eyelets i'm putting twine through to tie. i'll have pics up next week.

mschiddy
Resident
mschiddy
In response to Lamoo12

I've used Mod Podge for waterproofing paper crafts. It worked for me, but if the paper's not thick it will curl with the moisture of the Mod Podge. You need to have something stiff and smooth holding the paper in place for it to not curl.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to mschiddy

• mschiddy Said:
I've used Mod Podge for waterproofing paper crafts. It worked for me, but if the paper's not thick it will curl with the moisture of the Mod Podge. You need to have something stiff and smooth holding the paper in place for it to not curl.

thanks for the tip.

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to Lamoo12

I would definitely say clear contact paper would be your best bet and it would be easy. I have done it before and it has worked.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics