Username Post: Dear Scrapbook.com...        (Topic#1579639)
mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5

I have a short wishlist of things I wish you could come up with in your spare time.

1. A like button for the comments...I've heard lots of people say they've automatically looked for it :>)

2. A Me Too button for the comments...to be used a little differently from the Like button. Like would mean...well, the comment was liked. Me Too would keep us from typing duplications of things when we're just trying to say "Ditto". After all, we're busy crafters and shoppers. You do want us to have more shopping time for your site, don't you?

3. In the gallery, PLEASE let us arrange our photos in the order we want them within our own albums. I have pics of lo's that I've never posted because they don't make sense when they're all out of order. I understand them being "out of order" when they're uploaded to the main gallery, but once we get them in our own little album, couldn't we move them the way they should be?

My wishlist to you is shorter than my letter to Santa, but I'll probably think of a few other wishes over time. I bet some other members could come up with wishes also. We'd all hate for you to be bored with nothing to do~

Thanks for giving us a fun place to make new friends, spend money, and for giving us ideas to help our sometimes-not-too-creativ e brains get back on track. ~Judy

P.S. Wish #4: To not have a random space thrown into my comments. In the preview no space is shown before the "e" in "creative" in the above paragraph, but there it is. However, this wish goes way at the bottom of importance

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to mrsdriver5

I would love it if we could prioritize our wish list, so people knew what we wanted most!

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to Tina scraps

• Tina scraps Said:
I would love it if we could prioritize our wish list, so people knew what we wanted most!

Which brings me to Wish #5: I wish we had the option for things to be removed from our wish list when we move them to our shopping cart. I realize some may want often-purchased products to stay on the wish list, but it would be nice to have the option for auto-remove.

(This is when the Ditto Button would have come in handy, since I agree with your wish also. )

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

I would love multiple wishlists, with the option of each one being public or private.

Also, I can't echo enough about #3, changing gallery order - it's why I wait till late at night and post entire multi-page albums at once, so they're in the correct order in my gallery and start at the first page.

I get the bit about the space though - it helps keep the page from being broken by spammers or long links by forcing a break every twenty letters or so.

Something I've seen on other forums is a button to PM someone while looking at a forum thread, instead of having to click to their profile and doing it from there.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to aquabunny

OK...the space thing makes sense. I'm just a bit OCD on editing...then I still manage to goof things up. I don't need help doing it. Like I said, that wish is way at the bottom of my list. No spamming would come in much higher!

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee

I do like the idea of being able to organize your layouts. Maybe not in the main gallery but in sub folders.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to ncyankee

Yep, I realize the main gallery is in the order of uploads and it's nice to have a good mix of what people are working on to look at, and I appreciate that we can organize our own uploads into albums, but it would sure be nice to rearrange the pages of our albums so they make sense.

elsje2
elsje2 
Expert
elsje2

I also vote for the rearranging my own gallery. I have published several LO's from my album in progress and it does not make any sense at all. Maybe next time I should scrap in a different order, but I can not always help myself!

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to elsje2

I scrap chronologically, so I'd need to begin at the end to get things organized right in my online album. Since I'm doing some ongoing albums, it's kind of hard to begin at the end and work backwards. Also, the pages didn't go completely backwards either...out of the six or so lo's I've uploaded in order, they got completely jumbled up. I just haven't bothered uploading anything else.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Also, the pages didn't go completely backwards either...out of the six or so lo's I've uploaded in order, they got completely jumbled up. I just haven't bothered uploading anything else.

That's why I upload in batches of ten at a time, add all my product info, but then click the button to add them to the gallery only one at a time.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to aquabunny

I also hit the submit button one at a time so they go into the gallery the order I want them in. I scrap chronologically so no problem for me there.

Sometimes I will go back in my gallery 8 or 10 pages and find a comment someone left. I hate not seeing all the love left in my gallery but if I post an old layout on a thread to show an example it will sometimes get love and I won't see it for months.

I would like a something on my activity thread that you shows you a thumbnail of layouts that have love so you can can click on them from there to go directly to it, not scroll through pages looking through it.

I know you can get notifications through email but I tried that and I didn't like getting so manyu emails. Especially on my phone. I just want to be able to look at my page and see which layouts have comments so I can go directly into each one.

It shows the layouts all my friends commented on and I never even glance at that. It just isn't important what layouts my friends commented on and I never check that. I'd rather have that space filled with my layouts that have comments so I don't have to search through my gallery. It takes a long time to go all the way back.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:
I would like a something on my activity thread that you shows you a thumbnail of layouts that have love so you can can click on them from there to go directly to it, not scroll through pages looking through it.

I know you can get notifications through email but I tried that and I didn't like getting so manyu emails. Especially on my phone. I just want to be able to look at my page and see which layouts have comments so I can go directly into each one.

It shows the layouts all my friends commented on and I never even glance at that. It just isn't important what layouts my friends commented on and I never check that. I'd rather have that space filled with my layouts that have comments so I don't have to search through my gallery. It takes a long time to go all the way back.

You can already do this. When you're on the activity stream, where it shows what your friends have commented on, click on "My Stream" (at the top of the stream, next to "Friend Stream"), and in the dropdown make sure "activity for me" is selected.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to aquabunny

Thanks for that info, Aquabunny! I just did that on mine and found a question/comment in my gallery from TWO months ago!

Happy Birthday, too!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Kim222

Thanks Aqua - I am going to try that becuase I miss stuff all the time from way back!

And Happy Birthday from me too! I noticed it after Kim pointed it out!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

• mrsdriver5 Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:

Which brings me to Wish #5: I wish we had the option for things to be removed from our wish list when we move them to our shopping cart. I realize some may want often-purchased products to stay on the wish list, but it would be nice to have the option for auto-remove.

Does it not remove the items for you if you tick both, "add checked items to cart" AND " delete checked items"......
Alison

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to kiyawinn

No, because you can't tick them both. They're radio buttons, not check boxes, so you can choose only one or the other, not both.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to aquabunny

Well that sounds like it might be an easy fix then....just make it so you CAN tick both....no?

Alison

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to kiyawinn

We can hope!

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
  • mrsdriver5 Said:
Also, the pages didn't go completely backwards either...out of the six or so lo's I've uploaded in order, they got completely jumbled up. I just haven't bothered uploading anything else.

That's why I upload in batches of ten at a time, add all my product info, but then click the button to add them to the gallery only one at a time.

I just did it the one time. It took so long and I was so discouraged I just haven't wanted to bother again. Maybe someday...

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

I agree, it is extremely tedious.

Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 08-13-12 07:32 AM
In response to aquabunny

I have shared this link with out developers!! Great feedback and suggestions Hopefully we can integrate some of these functions in the coming months

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to Kels

Thanks! I think the album rearranging is the real priority for most of us. Some people put other suggestions in other threads...but most were for this and some wish list changes. Thanks for this site...but I spend way too much time on it ~Judy

(If you really want to make us happy, have free shipping every day and 50% 60% 70% off everything for members. Hey...it can't hurt to ask )

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:
  • aquabunny Said:
  • mrsdriver5 Said:

I just did it the one time. It took so long and I was so discouraged I just haven't wanted to bother again. Maybe someday...

I uploaded some new pages to finish the first section of my Tahoe album. One at a time and some went to the end and some to the beginning. I did them one at a time into my Tahoe album and they still arranged in random order. I have the pictures numbered, so at least they make sense to me Grrr...gotta take a break from this~ It's taking me as long to get the lo's into my gallery as it did to make them! (OK...that might be a slight exaggeration )

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12

I don't want the 'delete when ordered' button. Sometimes I change my mind or I want to keep it in my wishlist so I know what to reorder.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to Lamoo12

That's why my wish was for it to be an option. Some things I want to remember to re-order, but if I go to my wishlist, I end out ordering duplicates. It's usually duplicate paper, which I'll use, but I'd like to have the option to easily delete it once I've ordered it.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I have a request - along the lines of my other request. I wanted to know about posts that were left way back and Aquabunny pointed out that I can access that and see.

However, it didn't help much for any left several months ago - looking at the list of who posted on which layout, it helped but its not exactly what I want.

I want one that just shows me the ones I haven't clicked on and checked yet - that still have new comments on gallery layouts.

Somehow be able to check just the ones I haven't seen without having to go through them all. Maybe put "NEW" next to them like they are in the gallery.

Does that make sense? I started going through the ones in the stream categorized by the name and date of the poster but it is still easy to miss some.

I would like them to say "NEW" so I know I haven't seen those comments yet.

Maybe something called, "Unopened gallery comments".

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics