Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: dangers of organizing        (Topic#1579641)
CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW

I am in the midst of organizing my spellbinders and it has made me realize just how many I have. Sad thing is there are still a lot on my wishlist. I don't think I should have started but I am making a list so I know what I have.

Edited by CorrieW on 08-11-12 05:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to CorrieW

Yes, organizing is dangerous...not for showing us what all we have, but everything we DON'T have and NEED! At least you can buy things you don't already have, freeing up your money for things you really, really want. (I'll PM you my address and tell you where a key is hidden. Feel free to come organize my scrapmess whenever you want )~Judy

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-11-12 05:36 PM
In response to mrsdriver5

I disagree - I think organizing is good because it makes me store my supplies more efficiently, thereby creating additional space for MORE supplies

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to stick

you are all enable-ers. Shame on you all. On second thought, I will tell you where my spare key is hidden also...

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to Unique scrapper

Hehe I hate organizing but I hate not finding stuff either. I just don't want DH to find to the list and think she doesn't need anymore. He always gets me some at christmas.

shortmouse
Veteran
shortmouse
In response to CorrieW

I'm so organized I'm disorganized. I have my new scraproom now all kinds of organized and I can't find anything. Everytime I want something I can't remember where I put it.

Expert
In response to CorrieW

I just can't keep mine organized..they end up getting thrown in a 12x12 case...cause I'm afraid I'll throw them out by mistake.
Then I have to go back to put them all in their rightful place...I get really worried that I've misplaced them. I just can't put em back after I've used them. Is there any hope?

Resident
In response to deedee49

I dont know where anything is when its clean but when there is stuff everywhere I know where it is... its like oh ya that ruler is under that pile of scraps and my scoreboard.... or that ink pad is in the paper saver under the fabric with my 12x12 albums on top of it lol

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to shortmouse

Te he he he!! I can relate to this!! It's the on going joke in my house I organize it and then I can't recall where. Lol(:

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to must_love_paper

Yep it's the organized chaos that I find my creative spark!!!!(:

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to res19s2d

I love to organize. The more things are organized, the happier and more productive I am. Sometimes I will get caught up in organize and just organize everything.

My wish list and scrap stash is in the Scrappypedia/Scrap Stash app.

I bought 3 new items earlier in the week (punch and die cuts for my Big shot) and while I was standing in line to pay I just scanned the bar code into my phone and its in my scrap list. Took about 5 seconds each and I've got it - finished before I got all the way to the register to pay.

I just love organized and having a list keeps me from buying duplicates. I'd be lost if I didn't have them in my phone app.

I also keep my papers and cardstock and everything organized. I just like it better that way.

Kara sent me an organizer for my Tim Holtz distress inks. I love it and I use it.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Henri Jean

you would all die if you saw my scraproom table. Seriously, a less organized individual you will never know,,,,,,,BUT I know where every single spellbinders die is and what I have and what I want!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to CommaHolly

Now i'm really wanting to organize my papers and empellies! Must get laundry going, take out the garbage and make the beds first and maybe even mop the kitchen floor too!

I so wish I had that scrappy app Henry! If I only had a data and text plan then I could let my smart phone be smart!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Cindyckj

I'm afraid to get a smart phone. It's probably smarter than I am.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

Think I got the last smart phone that could be left dumb! Gradually they are making data and text a requirement to buy a phone! I'm too broke for all the scrapy stuff I buy to have a smart phone!

Poor Samsung Solstice II! She so wants to be smart!

Edited by Cindyckj on 08-12-12 12:48 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Cindyckj

Cricutgirlg
Expert
Cricutgirlg

I'm an organized scrapper, everything has its place and goes back there once its used, this allows me to get a lot done in a short period of time. I love organization and use it throughout my house, my ds had to learn it, this summer and I wish my dh would learn it. I was not born this way when I was about 5 yrs old I shared a bedroom with my sister and we had been told to straighten up our bedroom.

She went straight at it and I dilly dallied and continued to play with my toys, well she became frustrated, so she lured me up to the upper bunk bed and wrapped me up into the bedclothes and pushed me off the bed.

Luckily I wasn't injured, but we were both stunned and I still did not clean up the room. That night I fell out of bed unto my junk and woke up screaming and the next day I cleaned everything up and I've never been messy since. Truly, I learned its so much easier to just put it away. Yesterday, I visited that same sister and her house was a mess. I guess we flipped flopped.

Edited by Cricutgirlg on 08-12-12 12:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

normag_lil honey bee
Veteran
normag_lil honey bee
In response to Cricutgirlg

I love to organize my studio just as much as I love creating but my DIL scraps with me and leaves things out or mixes up my supplies, gotta love family!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to normag_lil honey bee

I LOVE organization....I get a kick out of organizing and regularly organize my scrap stuff (as well as other stuff)!
I'm with Stick....organizing allows me to buy more stuff! LOL!

When I organize, I also purge, getting rid of that "beautiful" paper that I was too nervous to use and now, wonder what on earth I bought that for? It's ugly! I sell some stuff in our LSS annual garage sale (made $130. last year) and donate some stuff to our local children's hospital....

Alison

AmyPrior.com
Veteran
AmyPrior.com
In response to kiyawinn

My recent organisation of my dies found some duplicates LOL no joke I have now got 7 brand new die sets here to sell because i found them duplicated in my stash hahaha. A list a great way to um avoid my mistake LOL

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics