Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Card stock        (Topic#1579665)
thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8

Does anyone have a favorite card stock brand? I usually just buy whatever's on sale when I need it

Expert
In response to thehappyscrapper8

Partial to bazzil, but have been known to buy others.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to deedee49

If I like the color - I buy it.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-12-12 03:01 PM
In response to deedee49

I adore the random grab bag boxes from ARC paper, but they are random. Paper Temptress has really great papers.

I bought a pack of plain white cardstock at M's not long ago and I HATE it, it's so cheap.

AmyPrior.com
Veteran
AmyPrior.com
In response to stick

I hate cardstock and only because I never have the perfect shade and can never seem to find the perfect shade LOL. Mists help and I alter them a lot but brand wise I really buy whatever from wherever. Core'dinations and Bazzils are definate faves but I always grab lots of cardstock in different colours & brands every single time i order online or go into a store. Mainly cause I keep my stock up and generally can find a sort of matching colour this way lol. I probably go through the most White & Kraft Bazzil and always buy them in bulk but I do have other brand white cardstock that i use too.

Expert
In response to AmyPrior.com

For my regular stuff when scrapping I love Bazzill, but if I want to cut something with my Cameo I like to use the smooth cardstock from HL because I know exactly what speed/thickness to cut it out without a lot of guessing and second cutting. Unless I have a new blade and mat the Bazzill can be tricky on designs that are more intricate.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to AmyPrior.com

Bazzill...mostly kraft Bazzill these days but I do buy other colours as well sometimes...

Alison

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to kiyawinn

If it acid and ligin free and at the right price and I like the colors. I buy it. I enjoy mainly browns, green, red, blue and yellow colors. Especially the earthtone textured paper from colorbok.

Justie

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to kiyawinn

Like most others, I'm partial to Bazzill, but use generic flat colored for die-cuts.

I have some that I love for Christmas cards, but can't find anymore. The co. I got it from went out of business. It's letter size with brush marks and has a shimmery gloss to it.

One thing I use a lot of is plain 4x6 index cards. I print clipart or lettering on it, fussy cut or use the print&cut on the Cameo, then usually add a little stickle/heat embossing/flocking/etc. to make my own embellishments. No reason to mess up a big piece of cs for small clipart designs. I often print/cut it three times and layer it with pop-dots for 3-D. Cheap way to get the exact embellishment I want.

Edited by mrsdriver5 on 08-12-12 08:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to mrsdriver5

Depends on what I'm going to do with it. For the base of a scrapbook page, mini book page or card, I prefer textured Bazzill. If I'm going to mat something where most of it will be covered up, I'll use a less expensive non-textured cardstock.

That said, I love non-textured kraft paper for many different things including everything I said above.

For die cuts and some dry embossing projects, I'll use both...depends on my mood I guess.

All that didn't help at all, did it?!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Kim222

I love Bazzill for textured and American Crafts for smooth.

Sandy Ang
Veteran
Sandy Ang
In response to Luvmyfam

i like the textured woodgrain from LCI. shows up beautifully subtle on a page

mschiddy
Resident
mschiddy
In response to Sandy Ang

I really like American Crafts cardstock for solid colors. It has a very nice weight and texture to it. Cuts very well with my Cricut and is solid core color all the way through.

For patterned cardstock, I like just about any that catches my eyes.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to mschiddy

In my experience you get what you pay for (unless its something great on sale). When I want white cardstock I prefer matte photo paper. For scrapbooking I am partial to established manufacturers like EK Success, DCWV, K&Company, Recollections (its a Michaels brand), etc. Hope that helps.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Crafting Marfa

American Crafts all the way! I've been working with their Autumn pack all day today doing a gift scrapbook and the colors are GORGEOUS. All their packs are awesome.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to Here Kitty

I have been a Bazzill freak for years but lately I have purchased DCWV stacks too. Sometimes I also buy the store brand.

deedee w
Resident
deedee w
In response to thehappyscrapper8

Bazzill. I also like Stampin Up cs.

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to stick

I just bought some white from M's also and it's horrible!!! It doesn't even stand up to distressing with out out shredding or ripping!!

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to res19s2d

Hobby Lobby's card stock is decent. Totally agree about M's card stock....it is terrible!

I tend to buy Bazzill when it is on sale at As, or the cored'nations when on sale at Js.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to LesleyC

I only buy Stampin' Up solid colors. When I first started, I bough whatever and bought a lot of those mulit packs. The paper was awful, the colors were worst and they faded with time!!!!
I like that Stampin' Up has paper families that all match and work together. I love ribbon and buttons, brads that match my paper...perfectly! If I make cards, I need the weight of Stampin' Up's paper.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics