Page 3 of 10 
Username Post: CLOSED/CREATING Altered Ceramic Tiles        (Topic#1579709)
Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to provinca

Melissa I found them on the creative imagination (im probably spelling it wrong) site -- its the company that make id say at least 75% of the ATC things - its thin birch wood Then I have my "chapsticks" aka Geloto's which work awesome on wood *Soo excited*

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem
In response to Sassie

Anna, work just gets in the way sometimes!!! Unfortunately, it's a necessary evil.

Sassie, thanks!!!! I'll be checking them out right now! I've been using youratcstore.com and collagestuff.com for my supplies.

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to Melissa Birlem

Love, love, love youratcstore.com!! I'll have to check out collagestuff.com -- although, I had an awakening yesterday. You see, I spent the entire day sorting and organizing (not done yet!) and realized that I have wayyyyyyy too much stuff. I've put myself on a shopping freeze until I go to CKC next spring. I'm only going to buy swap/project specific things and organizational things so I can get a better grip on what I have! I hope I can do it! Hmmmmm, I do need some more holders for my ATC carousel; do those count as "necessities" or "organzational things"???

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem
In response to provinca

LOL... Anna, I'm in the same boat! Starting in September, I'm not buying anything until March 2013!!! Hopefully I will use up some of this STASH!

ATC holders = NECESSITY!!! AND ORGANIZING TOOL!!!
I'd say you're free to buy SOME of those!

Part of my problem is that I teach classes, so I have everything in bulk. Makes it hard to keep things organized and under control!

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping

Melissa, do you teach classes from your home? I applied at our local community college which offers those non-credit courses like sewing and cooking and quilting. I had to submit a course outline and everything but they didn't go for it. I would LOVE teaching classes. I just don't think we'd have the interest in my area though.

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem
In response to i heart scrapping

Hi Bonnie,

I do teach classes at my home. I also teach classes at other peoples' houses, schools, churches, rec centers, senior centers, and a local scrapbook store occasionally. I lead a club that meets every other week to craft together as well. Each meeting I teach them a new technique or two. It's a blast. I'm sure you would be an amazing teacher!!! Sorry the community college didn't go for your class. The colleges aren't the best venue for creative classes though. I did a class at a community college in Las Vegas and it was the WORST experience ever! The people signing up for the class did not expect to do any work and my classes are completely hands-on. Needless to say, I didn't do that again!

Try to start a craft group or talk to a LSS to see if you could be a guest instructor there.

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty

You can add me to the group. ABout to re do my bathroom tiles and my hubby has some ready to go. Iwill see if I can get one or two from him.

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem
In response to crafty lefty

Hi Toccara! Welcome to the group! Which category would you like to join? Bathroom remodels are so much fun! Are you just switching tiles or remodeling completely?

Edited by Melissa Birlem on 08-19-12 05:32 PM. Reason for edit: Stupid iPad auto correct

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem

btt

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie

Ya know - it might be a fun idea to do like a stash swap?? Just so we dont have dups of 10 things, and maybe that would re-fresh some of our mojo?

Im with Anna & You Melissa although Ive not set a un-freeze date yet - I have 1 more group of things to buy (I Know ive said it before) and nothing more until I get all things organized! My problem is when I do get it all organized I pull this n that n this to work on a project -- then it becomes "scrapped" so I dont want that back in new stuff ... and then the bits & piece's accumulate and over again theres my mess!!! HOW do you stop that? Or am I just a messy artist in general?

Ive got to stop - we all have to. Its NO fun not shopping, but I know for me -- I open an organizer drawer or a box laying around and then im like OOOO THATS WHERE THIS IS "Toss it to the left to put it up" then I find more that goes to the right ... oh no wait this has to go up there. Then im overwhelmed again .... its a visious circle of addiction I need to break :/ This is worse then smoking but not as bad for your lungs!

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to Sassie

HuM!! I wonder, if that store youratcstore.com is open or just an online store? There business addy is only 1 hour n 30 minutes from me! :S

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem
In response to Sassie

Sassie, that sounds about right. I like shopping for new stuff, as we all do. But my studio / stash has already consumed over half of my 1100 square foot basement! My excuse is the bulk supplies... but it's just an excuse and I know it. LOL. Although the bulk supplies do take up a LOT of space!

I have the same dilemma - get everything organized, then start pulling stuff for a project and it doesn't get put back right away (or at all). I mix my new stuff in with my old stuff. That way, when I go to pull out something new, I'm reminded of the old stuff I still have. Some of my stuff is leftovers from a class that didn't fill up. There are only so many times you want to do the same project! So it sits. Ashley's fearless swap has helped me get a few things out of my stash so far. I made it a point to use some of my older supplies / embellies.

One of my serious issue areas: SCRAPS! There's just so many. LOL. After cutting materials for a class, I end up with all the little bits and pieces. I've been trying to use these up to make ATCs and cards, but it's taking a LONG time!

provinca
Mayor
provinca

• Melissa Birlem Said:

One of my serious issue areas: SCRAPS! There's just so many. LOL. After cutting materials for a class, I end up with all the little bits and pieces. I've been trying to use these up to make ATCs and cards, but it's taking a LONG time!

I don't think there's ever an end to the little scraps no matter how much you use them. There's always more to take their place. A few weeks ago, I spent an entire afternoon going through small scraps and making a boat load of flowers with them. Now there's more in the box and I've just given up!!!

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem
In response to provinca

I am NOT good at making paper flowers!!! I really should sit down and practice, but I don't use them enough.

I had my scraps organized in ziplock bags by color. That worked for a LONG time. Now that I have to keep Stampin' Up! stuff separate, I have two different scrap bins. I got a wild hair one evening (few months ago) and took my scrap bin and punch crate upstairs. I punched out tons of little shapes while watching a movie. Afterward, I was so proud to have used half of my scraps. Then I realized I now have a box of little punched pieces to use. They've been finding their way onto cards though. It's been much easier to use the punches than it was all the scraps.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

P.A.!
All scraps has a home with me....SEND THEM ON!!! LOL

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem
In response to Ms_Pebbles

Be careful what you wish for Ms. P!!!!

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem

How is everyone doing?

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

Hey Melissa!
I still have to get my butt to the store to get my tiles!

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem
In response to Ms_Pebbles

Hi Ms. P! You still have plenty of time. And I'm sure you have other swaps that are due before this one!

scrappy_day
Expert
scrappy_day

I haven't started yet either. Maybe this weekend I will give it a shot!

Page 3 of 10 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics