Page 5 of 10 
Username Post: CLOSED/CREATING Altered Ceramic Tiles        (Topic#1579709)
Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem
In response to scrappy_day

I have to finish a mini album for my Aunt & Uncle's 20th wedding anniversary this weekend. As soon as that's done, I can get back to all of these fun swaps!!!

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack

ok ill take a atc if possiable.

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem
In response to YourScrapAttack

Sure thing, Rhonda.

Today's the last day for sign-ups. I hope everyone has fun creating their tiles!!!

Expert
In response to Melissa Birlem

I finished my Halloween tile. These are so much fun!
(sorry I don't know how to post the pictures into this post)
http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/source/36/364 247/00233...

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem

Awesome tile!!! I love your bat!

To add a photo to the forum, go into your gallery, open the picture you want to post. On the left side, halfway down, there is a link to "link/embed image". Click on that, then click the little circle next to "img code". Copy the code from the box right below "copy and paste the embed code below". Then come into the forum you want to post in, write your post, and paste the code (ctrl+v).

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem

I started working on my fall tile last night. Not sure I like the background yet.

M's had a ton of stuff on clearance the other day, so I had to check it out. I was so proud of myself! LOL I only spent $26. I walked out with a few new paint colors, some metal antiquing supplies, an acrylic medium sampler pack, some modeling paste, spray gloss sealer, and some crackle paint.

Expert

Wow Melissa - that's a lot of stuff for $26!! Good deal! Can't wait to see your fall tile!

provinca
Mayor
provinca

I finished my fall tile last night and I must say I'm pretty happy with it. I used alcohol inks for the background. Should I have used some type of sealer over that????

Expert
In response to provinca

Anna, I think the alcohol inks should be ok on your tile. I used regular ink on mine and I didn't seal it with anything.

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem

Anna - Can't wait to see your tile!!!

Because these are being used as decorative pieces rather than 'coasters', a sealant shouldn't be necessary. The first ones I did seal, but they had paper on them. The two I just finished painting aren't sealed. One is paint and metallic finisher. The other is paint and modeling paste.

I would like to open another tile swap after this for coasters if people are interested?? Coasters would need to be sealed to prevent condensation from ruining the designs.

Expert

Oh I would be in for the coaster swap! I was trying to find some pictures of the ones I made but I gave them all away for Christmas gifts.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

I would be in for coasters too!

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem
In response to Ms_Pebbles

Would you want to swap one coaster or a set of coasters? I'd like to set the next one up as a secret sister swap so that shipping is reduced for everyone. I was thinking of a set of at least 2 coasters.

Expert

I agree - at least 2 coasters. I would worry that a set of 4 might break in the mail.

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem

I think a set of 4 would be fine, but you'd have to wrap each one in bubble wrap and pack it tightly into a box. Two would be easier to manage for right now, unless there's a lot of interest.

provinca
Mayor
provinca

Well . . . when I went to buy my tiles for this swap, I bought an extra 4 tiles (just in case), so guess I'm in for a coaster swap since I already have the tiles!!

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem
In response to provinca

Awesome Anna! I am anxious to see everyone's tiles this round.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie

Grr every time im out & about i forget to buy the tile!!! I even had to go into the hardware store yesterday for a door knob and still forgot!!!

Ive found some awesome embelishments ... now tomarrow JUST a trip to the hardware store!!! LOL Anna, great idea Im going to pick up more also incase i mess up OR i cant stop creating, what a cute halloween gift idea

Edited by Sassie on 09-06-12 04:10 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty
In response to Sassie

Jci

Expert
In response to crafty lefty

Is anyone putting felt or anything on the back of the tiles to protect them? I was just curious!

Page 5 of 10 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics