Username Post: Colored Core Cardstock        (Topic#1579711)
michellesmakingmemories
Tenant
michellesmakingmemories

Hi all, I just had a quick question: what are some cardstock paper you use that has a core of the same color? Do all Bazzill textures/papers have a colored core (I have a Bazzill in cardinal that is perfect)? Are there others like this? It seems like all of my DCWV cardstock has a white core.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to michellesmakingmemories

I like the packs you can buy at M's and J's,,,,they are all colored core,,,

mschiddy
Resident
mschiddy
In response to CommaHolly

American Crafts solid color cardstock packs all have a solid color core. They're my favorite to use!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to mschiddy

I think this is a question for designguykory, he seems to be the resident expert on colored core cardstock, probably because he does so much distress work!

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to chocolateaxel

Jo-Anns sells Cored'nations in the Tim Holtz colors. I buy those when they are 5 or 6 for $1, but I don't really take advantage of the "core".

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to LesleyC

I use Stampin' Up paper, it is solid color throughout! And a nice weight to it. The paper is probably one of the main reasons I became a demo...I LOVE their paper!!! Also coredinations just came out with some exclusive to SU colors. You can check out my blog and ask me any questions if you have any!. HTHs.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to mschiddy

• mschiddy Said:
American Crafts solid color cardstock packs all have a solid color core. They're my favorite to use!

ditto!

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to LesleyC

• LesleyC Said:
Jo-Anns sells Cored'nations in the Tim Holtz colors. I buy those when they are 5 or 6 for $1, but I don't really take advantage of the "core".

But Core'dinations have a different color core, not the same color.

michellesmakingmemories
Tenant
michellesmakingmemories
In response to tinacome

Thank you all for your help!

I've used the Tim Holtz Core'dinations and did find they had a different color core, perhaps I'll check on them again as maybe there are some that are the same color.

I've never used American Craft nor have I used the Stampin' Up so I think I'll order me a few of each and see which suits my needs best!

Thank you all again, I'm so happy I solicited help on here!

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to michellesmakingmemories

The point to Core'dinations paper is that the core is a different color than the outside, so you'll find that's the case with all of them.

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to tinacome

by the way, another vote for American Crafts cardstock!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 08-15-12 07:09 AM
In response to tinacome

• tinacome Said:
The point to Core'dinations paper is that the core is a different color than the outside, so you'll find that's the case with all of them.

Actually not all of the Core'dinations are different inside. Most but not all.

DCWV seems to be about the only one around that does the white core any more.

Resident
In response to GMFTS

• GMFTS Said:
  • tinacome Said:

Actually not all of the Core'dinations are different inside. Most but not all.

DCWV seems to be about the only one around that does the white core any more.

Really? Do you know which kind are the exact same color inside and out? I checked their website and all the products on there were a different color/shade core.

whateveriwant
Resident
whateveriwant
In response to lynzdee

I also thought the point of the Coredinations was that the core was a different shade of color than the rest of the paper.....hence the name....I don't think I've ever seen the packs where it's the same all through either.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-15-12 12:00 PM
In response to whateveriwant

Many Core'dinations papers have almost the same color core as the exterior, but it will always be a bit lighter or darker because the difference in color or shading is the whole point of Core'dinations.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to stick

Just for reference the Stampin' Up coredinations has a different colored core as well but it is not white either. HTHs

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to tinacome

• tinacome Said:

I love the core'dinations paper, it makes a great base CS but when you sand it you get such great effects. It's hard to find in Canada but I prefer it to Bazzil and it goes really with with spellbinders. Here is a card I made using whitewash and regular core'dinations.

Core'dinations whitewash By CorrieW

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics