Username Post: Sticker Maker        (Topic#1579745)
lifethroughalens
Veteran
lifethroughalens

I am thinking about getting one of the Xyron XRN510 Creative Stations Sticker Makers. Do you have one and are you happy with it? Is there anything you don't like about it and would you suggest something different? Thanks for any info. good or bad.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to lifethroughalens

I've had a 510 for years. I really like it. The 510 has the clear sheet over the items so you can rub around edges and get extra sticky off. The 500 doesn't. I run all kind of things thru it. I like the magnet cartridge too. Have ran paper frames thru, cut it out and made frig magnet.

I have the X too.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-15-12 05:49 PM

If you don't have a Xyron you need one. What size you get depends on what you need to do with it. I'm happy with both an X and a 2.5" one. Anything bigger than that I use a different adhesive on because a) it's easy, and b) I don't like the cost of the replacement cartridges for the bigger machines.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to stick

I have the Xyron 2.5" create-a-sticker (purple one) and I love it....great for getting sticky on intricute diecuts and long pieces of ribbon etc..

I agree with Stick, if you don't have one yet, you need one!
Alison

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to kiyawinn

What they said!

I have the X and the 250...love them both.

Get one - you won't regret it

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Kim222

I have the x and the 5" creative station. I use the 5" the most - its my favorite.

I love to use velum and the velum goes through and then sticks to my layouts with no glue marks or anything to show through. I can't imagine being without my creative station.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5

I have the X, 2.5 and the 510. I use the 2.5 the least. Small things go through the X and then it seems like anything bigger I want to do is too big for the 2.5. I like the 510 for detailed flourishes that are wide, but too intricate to easily use other adhesive.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to mrsdriver5

I have the X, and I love it! I use it for all of my lettering and anything else that will fit in it. There are probably cheaper ways of doing stuff like that, but the Xyron is just so convenient and easy!

JediScrapToo
Diva
JediScrapToo
In response to jaspernonyx

I have the X. The only bad thing about it is it tends to RUN OUT because I use it All the time!! I've actually switched to the removable (vs the Permanent) since I use it mostly for cricut cut letters, and If I put the letter down wrong, it moves easily. and, it stays put with the page protectors on my pages.

I also have the 500, have had it so long and used it so much it's no longer working well! I would get the 510 if I felt I need it, but the X does what I need.
Products Referenced in This Post:

lifethroughalens
Veteran
lifethroughalens
In response to JediScrapToo

Thank you ladies. I guess I should have mentioned I already have the "X" and really like it. I use it all the time as well. That is why I was thinking of getting a bigger size, just because It seemed it would be so handy. Guess what my new "toy" will be?

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur

I use the X all the time and have the 2.5" that I occasionally use. I've replaced the 2.5 once and it was expensive. I replace the X regularly and it's affordable for me. The X is great for ribbon, no show thru.

That's a good tip Jedi on using repositional on the X. ... thanks.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics