Username Post: Glitter on top of copic coloring?        (Topic#1579807)
Expert

SO.....I guess I did it wrong. I tried to put some clear fine glitter on top of some cute little cupcakes that I colored with copics. I used martha stewart glittering glue. The ink started to run! I think I gave the ink enough time to dry. I quickly tried to fix it...it's ok, but I don't want it to happen again. Tips? Help? Thanks.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to deedee49

I use Diamond Glaze and Glossy Accents all the time over Copics with no problems.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to Here Kitty

I use stickles over Copics and I have no problems with it. I reckon it depends on how watery the glue is. Stickles is quite thick as in...not watery enough to run. I love me stickles and I love me copics and especially together lol

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to TheCharmedOne

Maybe the glue that you used doesnt react well with alcohol based inks. Try using a different glue on a scrap of paper. Ive never had a problem like that and, tobe honest, I use whatever inexpensive clear glue available when Im adding glitter over my Copics.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Crafting Marfa

I usually use the Wink of Stella in clear to add sparkles to my images. But if you're wanting to add an actual glitter, I love my zig glue pens. They do the trick everytime! Or su has an embossing powder called 'heat and stick' which you just heat over the image, add glitter, and reheat. It doesn't move or flake off. Hth

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics